Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-20, 05:23 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Donna, that's exciting about your CS streaming--hope you enjoy!

Paine, my DH feels the same about musicals, but he stuck it out, as he did like the story.

cyana, DH & I tend to watch more independent movies than blockbusters, so we are not really connoisseurs either. Sorry the insomnia has been worse for you; hope last night was better.

Sandra, I actually didn't think the snow had been so bad this year! But we did get a lot more in November than usual, so that has probably skewed it. Was the library closed for the holiday? I didn't work today either.

Garrie, I haven't yet taught 2 classes back-to-back, although I have done a meditation session after yoga class. I think if I taught too many classes I might wind up no longer enjoying it.

Anny, I don't think I've seen anything by that director. Thanks for the recipes; they sound yummy! I'm making sauce today.

ETA: I use the Francis Ford Coppola "Godfather" sauce recipe that I clipped from a newspaper years ago. It's basically this one, although mine says a full TB sugar (and I use a little more) and doesn't have the red pepper.
https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...55aa15909.html

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-20, 06:41 PM  
JustSandra

Back again!

Although Monday is my usual day off, since the library was closed for the MLK holiday I decided to do

Today's Workout: For Day 8 of the Essentrics Health Challenge I did the Posture and Spine routine from the new Essentrics Rebalance and Reboot Your Body. I am kind of "meh" on this one, mainly because Miranda's cueing is even worse than usual and although I am a CS/Essentrics veteran I found it hard to follow. Maybe I'll like it better when I repeat it tomorrow! I finished with Margaret Richard's Unplugged episode 1905.

If I ever do decide to try out Essentrics streaming, a lot of it will be for the opportunity to do CS/Essentrics workouts with instructors other than Miranda. As much as I love her, the other leaders tend to cue better and offer more form pointers.

Garrie: With your extensive DVD collection I can see how you would find it hard to decide on your next rotation!

Beth: My niece is now regularly teaching at least one yoga class every day of the week! Hope she doesn't burn out on it.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:27 AM  
Garrie A.

Rest day for me today. My legs need some recovery before I do STS Plyo Legs tomorrow. I am doing some stretch/yoga when I get home from work.

Sandra: I love my large collection but sometimes secretly wish I had my smaller collection from around five years ago.

Paine: I'm laughing so hard from your grandson's comment! My beard is the same way as my Bitmoji avatar, too. STS has definitely been time well spent. I've seen increased strength and definition, moreso than when I did CLX last year (which was good although the Lean phase was not "magical" for me). There is a definite Round 2 in the future.

Beth: I love teaching a variety of classes, but believe it or not, my least favorite to teach is Zumba (although I do enjoy teaching it from time to time). The new faces at the community center are revitalizing my interest in it, although sometimes when teaching I have flashbacks from my days at the other studio.

Waves to all!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Cathe STS 2.0

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 09:33 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Garrie, I remember you had said about losing interest in Zumba; that's why I asked about it. Enjoy your rest day!

Sandra, I have seen some yoga teachers talk about getting burned out on teaching. Right now it is my "fun" job and I want to keep it that way!

Speaking of which, I'm getting back into the swing of my "real" job with classes starting tomorrow. I have to be at work a little late tonight, so I'll probably just do short yoga when I get home.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-21-20, 11:28 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

CS 1127

CS 1127 is an "All Standing" workout with some nice trademarks.

Anny and Beth, thank you for the recipe links!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 03:32 PM  
JustSandra

Happy Tuesday!

Today's Workout: For Day 9 of this year's Essentrics Health Challenge I got to repeat the same routine from yesterday -- Posture and Spine from Essentrics Rebalance & Reboot Your Body. Obviously it was a little easier to follow this morning than it was yesterday but I've already tagged it as Not A Favorite and not one I am likely to choose on my own outside of a Challenge. I finished with Margaret Richard Unplugged episode 1906.

Beth: Right now yoga teaching is my niece's "bread and butter" -- her main source for income. However, she has started studying for a real estate agent license (something I believe she could be very good at) so perhaps at some point the yoga teaching will become a secondary "fun" career.

Garrie: There was a time when my collection had one cardio, one strength and one yoga tape. That's all I needed, especially since working out at home was something I only did on days I couldn't make it to the gym. Those days are long gone LOL!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-20, 04:20 PM  
Anny

Garrie and Sandra I used to have a larger collection of workout DVDs (not large by VF standards, maybe about 100). But several years ago we moved to apartment living and so with less storage space and less space in general I downsized and now use mostly downloads or YouTube anyway. I don’t stream workouts but often think about trying Ellen’s streaming for a month trial.

Today I’m thinking a short walk (Yay, it’s a hot day today, about 39 degrees Celsius) and I will probably do the next day in the YWA challenge.
Old 01-21-20, 07:12 PM  
gjv

I'm so boring compared to you all.

I did guess what? Jessica's Steppin Strength Walk and you'll never believe it but I added on a Leslie mile!

Tomorrow I've decided I'm doing one of my new Chris Freytag workouts. I think it's called Strength Interval Walk or something like that!
Old 01-21-20, 09:28 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I hope that yoga is paying well for your niece--it's a hard profession to make much money, unfortunately.

Gayle, you are not boring at all--new workouts are fun!

I did a couple of routines for Yoga in the Garden of Serenity. I did Neck & Shoulder, which is usual for me, but I also did the Gate series, which I hadn't done in awhile and felt good.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 01-21-20, 09:35 PM  
cyana

Quick post and run.

I've been doing N.O. dumps this week along with some breath work and meditation. I'd gotten out of the habit of doing N.O. dumps, so it's been fun to do them again - and get in 80 squats if I do two rounds.

Editorial comment: I am over winter - tired of being cold!!

Hope to get in to chat soon - waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote