Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-19, 10:00 PM  
BunnyHop

Oh, and as for tops, someone here recommended the Hanes basic essential tank that I like just fine. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-B...-Tank/22153150

In fact, for me, they're sometimes just a layering piece with a nice outfit. Got a bright pink one to layer under an entirely too sheer top I bought.
Old 12-22-19, 09:53 AM  
cyana

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
Oh, and as for tops, someone here recommended the Hanes basic essential tank that I like just fine. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Women-s-B...-Tank/22153150

In fact, for me, they're sometimes just a layering piece with a nice outfit. Got a bright pink one to layer under an entirely too sheer top I bought.
Anna - Do these shrink? I'm going to have to retire my ancient Eddie Bauer tanks (they literally have holes in them) and these look like they'd fit the bill perfectly. Also - from the size chart it looks like I'm between sizes - would you size up or down?

I have some ancient Athleta pieces that have held up very well - so well I haven't purchased anything there in years.

Pam - How does the sizing tend to run on the Sweet Legs, and how compressive are they? They have some really cute prints!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 11:47 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
Anna - Do these shrink?
I just bought the XL size since I wanted to be sure it wouldn't shrink too much. Sorry I didn't check the fit before I washed them.

I guess I'd size up, just to be on the safe side but I prefer a loose fit.
Old 12-22-19, 12:06 PM  
ncl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena View Post
I love Fabletics leggings. I wear them for yoga and can't even tell I'm wearing them.

I am tall (5'7") and thin but I have friend who is 5'3" and a bit on the 'heavy' side and she loves them as well.

As for price, they are quite reasonable on-line but I've been able to find styles that have been discontinued at my local Label Shopper for $12.00.

https://www.fabletics.com/
I have been wanting to try this and now that I hear this, I think I will! I would love some cute workout gear. Thanks for the heads up.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 02:18 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Pajamas . Very user friendly and they don't cost as much as leggings

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 02:39 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
Pajamas . Very user friendly and they don't cost as much as leggings
Alternatively, one could sleep in workout leggings. (yes, I have for years.... very sexy..... )
Old 12-22-19, 02:42 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Alternatively, one could sleep in workout leggings. (yes, I have for years.... very sexy..... )
I do this too. Partly because they are comfortable and partly because it takes less time to start my workout in the morning if my leggings are already on!

I like workout clothes from Old Navy and Kohl's (Tek Gear). I've bought tanks, shirts, leggings, and sports bras from both places and have been happy.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 02:54 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
I may try this. Since there is no sex going on in my bedroom, no one to complain

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 03:05 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
I just bought the XL size since I wanted to be sure it wouldn't shrink too much. Sorry I didn't check the fit before I washed them.

I guess I'd size up, just to be on the safe side but I prefer a loose fit.

They shrink a little bit. I buy one size up. I like them long and loose fitting.

I bought them directly from the Hanes site when they were on sale for $5.00 each with free shipping .

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-19, 03:16 PM  
LAC

Quote:
I've been known to sleep in workout leggings. And also yoga pants. Either one works for me
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitness clothing, leggings, workout clothes, workout clothing, yoga pants