Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-09-19, 01:25 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

Mon-Wed-FRi Fit Bodies by Julia
Tues-Thurs yoga
Sat run
Sun off

I have found that Julia's workouts are the best for me.I haven't touched any DVD for months.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-19, 04:58 PM  
patchworkpenguin

M,W,F, Cardio
Tu, Th Weights

After a several year hiatus due to surgeries and lack of interest in exercise, I decided to restart by doing all my workouts, weeding out the ones I didn't like. I wanted an easy rotation that works with my schedule and I don't have to think about a lot. By now, I've pretty much made it though the collection, barring the really tough or long ones and the astounding collection of ab/pilates workouts that I pretty much can no longer do.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 11:34 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
...After a several year hiatus due to surgeries and lack of interest in exercise, I decided to restart by doing all my workouts, weeding out the ones I didn't like. I wanted an easy rotation that works with my schedule and I don't have to think about a lot. By now, I've pretty much made it though the collection, barring the really tough or long ones and the astounding collection of ab/pilates workouts that I pretty much can no longer do.
That takes a lot of ambition. I should try that!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 02:51 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I'm fairly particular about workouts. I don't love exercising like some do, so they have to be easy, fun and motivating or else out they go. I knew I had a pretty good collection, If I would only use it. The ones I got rid of, I had not liked before and once I tried them again I was happy to donate them to get them out of my house.

Last year I did a whole house purge and I've gotten pretty good at it. Streamlining has made my life easier, I don't need my possessions to be a challenge, trip hazard or something I have to move to get to what I want.

I used to keep a lot of DVDs I didn't like because "what if they stop making them", well, they pretty much have and I still have so many workouts I'm not worried about getting bored. I'm not streaming any workouts but figure at some point it will come to that. I like variety in workouts and instructors too much to settle for just one or two {even though right now I'm doing mostly Cathe, Leslie and The Firm} but who knows what the future brings. I mentioned those Ab workouts earlier, I found most of them on Youtube.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 06:33 PM  
Dontmindthemess

I just started a kettlebell Kickboxing bikini strong rotation this week. This is the first rotation I’ve attempted in a long time since I usually just do my own thing. I thought I would try some workouts I’ve had in my library a long time but never really given a shot.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 07:36 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Until now, I haven’t followed an official rotation since CLX, and I don’t even remember what year that was. However, I just began a new one on Sunday. Most of these workouts range from 30 – 60 minutes and I have time for 90 minutes, so I will mix and match. For example Dream Body InTENse (about 60 minutes) with one of the shorter Barlates Endurance 70 (about 35 minutes). I bought four Toniques from Mary’s sale, so am anxious to try them all. So far I’ve tried Royale and Addicted to Movement and loved them both. I didn’t include a rest day because it seems something unexpected always comes up, turning at least one planned workout day into a rest day.

Sunday: Dream Body Cardio + Barlates Endurance
Monday: Tonique + short Essentrics
Tuesday: Dream Body Cardio + Barlates Endurance
Wednesday: Michelle Dozois Cardio Strength
Thursday: Tonique + short Essentrics
Friday: Dream Body Cardio + Barlates Endurance
Saturday: Tonique + short Essentrics
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-19, 10:24 PM  
Tammie M

I usually plan a rotation a couple of days before starting it. Most of my rotations use the following pattern (with tweaks):

total body weight workout or a split weight workout
cardio
belly dancing, barre, TA, pilates or fusion type workout
cardio
light weight/high rep, functional fitness, or metabolic weight workout
yoga

If the weight or cardio workout is 45 minutes or less, I usually add on a stretching segment. If I have a lot of add-ons I may skip the yoga day. I try to limit step aerobics to once during the rotation. I also try vary the intensity level. It keeps me from staying hungry all the time.
Tammie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 10:27 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I'm trying to fit the following in each week:

Upper Body weight workout
Lower Body weight workout
Total Body weight workout
"Fun" Cardio workout

(1 or 2) Run/walks
(1) Long run/walk on the weekend
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 11:25 AM  
AnMrsDe

Lots of great rotation ideas in this thread!

This month, I'm loosely following Cathe's September Rotation:
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/sept...tation.312981/
but inserting Cathe Live workouts and my Workout Blender workouts, along with Yoga and possibly a few walks.

I'm having a blast concocting my own blender workouts (it's been way too long since I've subscribed to On Demand!) if I'm not crazy about the workout she has scheduled. For example, I have XTrain Bi & Tri's on tap for tomorrow alternated with Metabolic Blast Calorie Crush exercises and Saturday's workout is XTrain Chest/Back/Shoulders alternated with Tabatacise exercises...just to give these older workouts a new feel! I've been enjoying it so far!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-19, 12:00 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I go to our local YMCA because I just can't get into videos at this point. Each week, I loosely follow this pattern:

Monday - Upper body strength
Wednesday - Lower body strength
Friday - Long cardio on elliptical

Those are loose patterns because on strength days, I add in cardio moves and I try to add in walks on other days or trips up and down our staircase or stretching.

Each week, I take a theme from Look Great in 8: circuit, heavy strength, light strength, and supersets. Rotating the way I do the workouts has been good. I feel stronger, more so than with just straight strength workouts.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rotation