Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-24, 07:43 AM  
buffmama

No pilates today, all Justina - FB strength (stability + mobility) and core coming up.
Old 01-05-24, 09:13 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still on my YBB kick, it has been fun to re-visit these.

Last night I did the Cardio Cabaret and today I did the Latin Flavor.

I have two more of the Lives to do - Light & Easy and Sculpt. I don't have the Bollywood one for some reason.....??? But that is ok. I may go on to do the originals or I may feel like moving on to something else next week. Time will tell.

buffmama and Polina - are you talking about Justina Ercole? I watched her vlogmas this year and enjoyed. If I were not getting over COVID I probably would have tried her free week.....but I think she does have some free workouts on You Tube I can try at some point.

Dana - I hope you are feeling better.

Carol - Yes, it seems like everyone is getting something now - I know this will probably not be my last bout with COVID, unfortunately. It seems like there is little we can do to avoid it completely.......

Waves, Christine!

We ares supposed to get a little snow tomorrow - we shall see....

Hope everyone has a good start to the weekend.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 11:41 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk (30 min)
Shaped by Faith - Pilates Core (15 min)

I will also get in my usual afternoon walk with the doggie.

Donna, the rescue estimated Praline to be around 1 years old. That seems to be accurate, or maybe slightly older. She does have puppy energy and some tendencies, but she can also take good long naps, which I like.

Carol, good luck with your winter weather. We're getting up to a foot Saturday into Sunday.

Dana, thinking of you and hoping you're hanging in there!!

Waves Buffmama and Polina!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-24, 11:43 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Donna, yesss, it's Justina Ercole. I watched the vlogmas too, and I'm glad she will continue with her reviews this year. One of her free classes this week is a mobility one - maybe it's something you could try?
Old 01-05-24, 04:27 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and say that I THINK I'm starting to feel better this afternoon. Hard to believe it's only been 3.5 days since the onset of symptoms - which hit me pretty hard, but I think that my immune system that's been fighting hard for me - is winning!

Depending on how I feel when I wake up tomorrow, I may resume Adriene's 30 Day January Challenge. I only managed to do Day 1 before I got sick, so I have a few days to make up, and I just want to start moving again.

Waves to all, and thank you for wishing me speedy recovery.
Old 01-05-24, 06:46 PM  
donnamp

That is great news, Dana! Just go slow with the return to exercise, you will probably have some lasting fatigue from this battle.

Donna
Old 01-05-24, 09:08 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workouts were

Jessica Smith - Strength: Upper Body - 30 minutes & Release from Stretch & Relax - 15 minutes

This upper body workout is one of the new workouts Jessica filmed with her mother. There were definitely some new-to-me exercises in there that I found challenging. Thank heavens after the first pair of exercises (3 sets) there was only one set of each group of exercises. Jessica focused on the eccentric contraction here and moved really slowly, making it extra challenging.

Release is another nice stretch from Stretch & Relax. This one used a towel.

Today was our first day back at school for teachers, and we had about 6% to 7% of our workforce out with confirmed cases of Covid, so obviously we are having a spike here in town.

Dana - so glad you may be feeling better! I do remember my son telling me when he had it in 2021 that he would have sinking spells, so be prepared for that.

Donna - glad you are enjoying the YBBs.

Christine - Nice job! "Enjoy" your snow this weekend. We have more supposedly coming on Monday.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-24, 08:39 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Good morning,

Kara Duval - Half+Half 30 min - day 5 of the COOOC program.
It was an interesting one - the first half was bodyweight strength (obliques, internal/external rotators of hips, glutes, triceps) followed by 15 minutes of mobility and release.

I'm heading to Amsterdam for a Christmas circus performance and dinner, so probably no more workouts today.

Waves everyone!
Old 01-06-24, 10:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I wrapped up yesterday with a dog walk and Ellen's Express Barre.

I think I'm almost back to normal!

Today, so far, I did:

YBB - Basic - this one has a little bit of everything - cardio/dance; ballet, light sculpting w/ weights, yoga and ab/Pilates. It has been fun re-visiting these - it has probably been a decade or so since I last pulled them out!

Polina - your evening out sounds fun!

Carol - I think whatever variant is floating around is super contagious. I feel fortunate to have escaped w/ a mild case. Unfortunately, i know this isn't a "one and done" thing, so just have to hope that the next time will be no worse!

Dana - I hope you are feeling much better today.

Christine - are you getting a lot of snow? We are getting some flurries here, but I think for the most part for us, it will just be a messy mix.

Waves, buffmama!

Donna
Old 01-06-24, 01:46 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

Nothing yet, but I will do ID Daily Stretch which is simple, 10-minute yoga based stretch that my body needs and will appreciate. I'm grateful for my body that had defended me so successfully against this virus.

I'm feeling much better today. Other than a cough, I'm almost back to normal. This virus came at me fast and furious, but fortunately, left just as fast. I am still self-isolating until tomorrow night per doctor's instructions, then I can go outside as long as I mask. I absolutely have to be at work on Monday, so it's a good thing that I'll be able to actually leave the house.

Seeing that I have too much time on my hands today, I looked over the tapatalk forum and someone had linked 2 old VF threads - one from 2010 and the other from 2014. I probably read them at the time, but I couldn't remember either one. So, I re-read both of them today, and I was laughing so hard that my dh came up to check on me and see if all was well. Both threads are hilarious! I didn't realize that so many people had already been posting on tapatalk forum. I will visit there more often, especially that every day I continue having problems accessing this one.

https://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/...d.php?t=204576

http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=153794

Donna, good to hear you're almost back to normal! Great feeling, isn't it?

Polina, your Saturday evening out sounds wonderful! Enjoy! Is this the circus you'll be seeing tonight? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQD11DOPgAo&t=65sIf so, it looks wonderful and it appears to be similar to Cirque du Solei which I've seen few years ago in Chicago. I loved it!

Carol, I'm planning to do this new strength workout (with Debbie)on Monday. I hope I like it. I must add more strength to my schedule.

Christine, good luck with up to a foot of snow. Yikes! We were supposed to get dusting overnight, but we got a bit more than that and enough for them to be plowing. Sometimes I wonder about the Weather Channel forecasts.

Hi buffmama!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Tags
wall pilates