Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-15, 03:39 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
That chair appears to be 6 inches tall. I think that would be a little small.
OMG Suzie... I feel so dumb!!! I totally missed the "miniature replica part

thanks for pointing that out, I can only imagine the OP's surprise had she missed the same bit and wound up buying the chair

I almost lost a gulp of my protein shake when I read this
Old 04-19-15, 03:51 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
This is perfect timing! I just finished Year 2 yesterday.

From memory, you use the chair the first six months, and then it comes back in for a couple of levels in month 12. I too got completely frustrated, especially in month 12. I completely agree that I feel some of the moves are gimmicky and make no sense. I wish they would show you Maria and Stacy actually getting into the positions they're in on the chair because I would have to freeze the TV and work over a minute just trying to get in some of those crazy side planks etc. I finally figured out that if I use my step bench, I could fake a lot of the moves with it. Plus, sometimes just trying to hold the positions on the chair left my form lacking. Once I felt more stable on the bench, I could focus better on correct form.

I have to say, as much as you hate the chair, you will hate the hoop even more. I was cursing that stupid stinking hoop by the end of year 2. I looked ahead into year 3 and thankfully I don't see it anymore. How I HATED that hoop!

I'm actually getting ready to go do Year 3, Day 1 and I'm really nervous. I'm excited that Tracy is back in these but previewing, it's almost an hour and there are 13 moves per leg in the muscular structure.

I agree that you should do what you can and move on. As much as I find myself cursing Tracy, I have to admit there is some magic in her insane method.
Becky, Tracy's workout is the hardest in year 3 month 1. I highly recommend doing week 3 first, week 2 second, and then week 1 last.

Technically, I should be well into year 4, but I've been doing 3 three different continuities (all 4 at one time), so I haven't gotten to year 2 yet, but I did buy a chair off of Amazon for it. I did do the first month of year 3, and it's tough!!!!

I suspect the chair is used to work your core more. Anytime you suspend yourself you work your core harder, plus you'll be working your upper body harder since you're holding more of your body weight. But if my memory serves me, I believe there's some where sh*t going on with the chair too that kind of makes it look like foreplay.

I hope you make it work for you since it sounds like she's been working for you. Like I always say, "I wonder what she was smoking when she created a certain exercise, cause it's crazy sh*t!"
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 06:14 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
OMG Suzie... I feel so dumb!!! I totally missed the "miniature replica part

thanks for pointing that out, I can only imagine the OP's surprise had she missed the same bit and wound up buying the chair

I almost lost a gulp of my protein shake when I read this
LOL Rebecca, no problem! It just looked so real, don't you find? It would probably be more fun working out with that chair than a real chair, however.

I am also in Canada, and I got a chair at IKEA. It does the job but it's a bit heavier than I would like and it was a bit pricier than I had hoped.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20246223/
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 07:37 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
LOL Rebecca, no problem! It just looked so real, don't you find? It would probably be more fun working out with that chair than a real chair, however.

I am also in Canada, and I got a chair at IKEA. It does the job but it's a bit heavier than I would like and it was a bit pricier than I had hoped.

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20246223/
Oh I told my husband about this... and did he laugh!!! We were laughing so hard we almost cried... seriously!!

I guess only a Barbie doll could efficiently use that chair anyways

Totally OT, but I'm addicted to IKEA - badly!
Old 04-19-15, 07:38 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
But if my memory serves me, I believe there's some where sh*t going on with the chair too that kind of makes it look like foreplay.

I hope you make it work for you since it sounds like she's been working for you. Like I always say, "I wonder what she was smoking when she created a certain exercise, cause it's crazy sh*t!"
You always say it best
Old 04-19-15, 08:18 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Oh I told my husband about this... and did he laugh!!! We were laughing so hard we almost cried... seriously!!

If you want to laugh some more, read the last review for the mini chair.

http://www.amazon.ca/LexMod-Philippe...is+ghost+chair
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-15, 08:26 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
If you want to laugh some more, read the last review for the mini chair.

http://www.amazon.ca/LexMod-Philippe...is+ghost+chair
OMG

Deep inside I feel totally relieved after reading that
Old 04-20-15, 06:59 AM  
Michefit

Quote:

Yes - this is funny - I have to wonder though - who would buy this - at $70?
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 07:02 AM  
Michefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Becky, Tracy's workout is the hardest in year 3 month 1. I highly recommend doing week 3 first, week 2 second, and then week 1 last.

Technically, I should be well into year 4, but I've been doing 3 three different continuities (all 4 at one time), so I haven't gotten to year 2 yet, but I did buy a chair off of Amazon for it. I did do the first month of year 3, and it's tough!!!!

I suspect the chair is used to work your core more. Anytime you suspend yourself you work your core harder, plus you'll be working your upper body harder since you're holding more of your body weight. But if my memory serves me, I believe there's some where sh*t going on with the chair too that kind of makes it look like foreplay.

I agree Crazy sh*t with the chair! I had similar thoughts about the foreplay when I was first previewing the workouts - my husband also made some "interesting" comments when he was looking over my shoulder -
Michefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-15, 11:16 AM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michefit View Post
Yes - this is funny - I have to wonder though - who would buy this - at $70?
I did pay about $70 for a full-size normal chair like that. I recently saw the version without arms priced about the same and I might get it, just to keep things pretty in my workout space

The miniature one... that's just crazy