Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-24, 05:57 PM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Even his workouts where he doesn't talk are great. Very well designed and a very nice guy! Give him a try!
Definitely shall - even if it's "eventually".
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Cee had an IG post today where she was saying someone is impersonating her on FB. She never posts on FB so she wanted her subscribers to report any content pretending to be her on FB. Then came the big reveal.... she never wanted to start an app or paid subscription but that's what she'll have to do if people continue to steal her identity online. So maybe that's what this has all been about, seeing if there's any interest in her paid content.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 04:00 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Cee had an IG post today where she was saying someone is impersonating her on FB. She never posts on FB so she wanted her subscribers to report any content pretending to be her on FB. Then came the big reveal.... she never wanted to start an app or paid subscription but that's what she'll have to do if people continue to steal her identity online. So maybe that's what this has all been about, seeing if there's any interest in her paid content.
That very well could be.

I did find the fake account on Facebook though...so, at least that is the truth.lol
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 04:21 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

If someone has a fake account, FB usually removes them quickly once it’s reported.

I think whether one can ignore the shenanigans definitely depends on how much importance one attaches to the behavior. What is minor to one person is major to another. There are some things that, well, I won’t ignore, but that’s just me! I do like that saying, though!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 05:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I think whether one can ignore the shenanigans definitely depends on how much importance one attaches to the behavior. What is minor to one person is major to another. There are some things that, well, I won’t ignore, but that’s just me! I do like that saying, though!
I agree. About ten years ago, kettlebell instructor Michael Skoggs was proven to have lied about having been a Navy Seal. He used stolen valor to market his programs.

I got rid of my Skogg set ASAP. Other folks didn't care at all.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-24, 05:31 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I can smell the "stink" from Canada here in Upstate NY! How very odd!!!!!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 11:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

If Cee does progress to a paid app, I'm curious to see what the monthly cost will be. Some instructors charge what I think are exorbitant fees.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 01:44 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
That very well could be.

I did find the fake account on Facebook though...so, at least that is the truth.lol
Here's the thing - I cannot find a fake account and the ones that I found look totally legitimate. Can someone post a link in case I'm missing something? The page that looks totally legit says "New York, NY" and we know she's in Canada.

Diane
Old 01-26-24, 04:33 PM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoodygirl View Post
Here's the thing - I cannot find a fake account and the ones that I found look totally legitimate. Can someone post a link in case I'm missing something? The page that looks totally legit says "New York, NY" and we know she's in Canada.
There are no legitimate ones. She posted on IG that she does not have a Facebook account, so any that are there are fake.

I believe this is the one she is referring to. I have reported it myself but nothing happens.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080178386008
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-24, 04:36 PM  
amoodygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
There are no legitimate ones. She posted on IG that she does not have a Facebook account, so any that are there are fake.

I believe this is the one she is referring to. I have reported it myself but nothing happens.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100080178386008
I wonder. Far too much content compared to other "fake" accounts out there. Something is very, very fishy about all this. Just my opinion but I know it is shared by many others.

Hmmmm.....

Diane

Tags
caroline girvan, instructor behaving badly, jasper mcdermott, lift with cee