Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-20, 05:58 PM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedygs View Post
It was deleted. I did contact Kelly to ask her to ask the supporter who had placed a radar screen on my name in a response to me with the caption Troll Alert circling on it, to at least remove that picture. The others names and things she posted were also galling, that was the last straw. Anyway, I guess Kelly decided deleting the whole ugly thread was easier so poof! it was gone.
Wow! I was thinking about signing up for her streaming, but I think it is safe to say my money will stay in my wallet. How unprofessional.

(Not to mention how she responded to the announcements of Cathe's 30 minute series. That was also a turn off.)
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 06:12 PM  
alisoncooks

I don't look to fitness instructors for political, religious, or social commentary. Therefore, I don't follow them on FB or any other social media. I prefer they only exist in the small bubble of my workout DVD.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but this brouhaha is on KCMs personal page, not a fan or Coffey-Fit business page, yes? Surely we aren't saying KCM shouldn't voice her opinions on social media simply because she's a minor public figure?
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:05 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I don't look to fitness instructors for political, religious, or social commentary. Therefore, I don't follow them on FB or any other social media. I prefer they only exist in the small bubble of my workout DVD.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but this brouhaha is on KCMs personal page, not a fan or Coffey-Fit business page, yes? Surely we aren't saying KCM shouldn't voice her opinions on social media simply because she's a minor public figure?
I don't look for fitness professionals for political, religious, or social commentary either. Sometimes you don't have to look at all for their opinion to be put out there and you happen to see it. I'm with you, please only exist in the bubble of my workout dvd Unless you're Gin Miller. She seems like a blast to hang out with. And Christi Taylor. I hope she's as sweet as she appears!

I don't know where this brouhaha exists. The only page I saw was the article listed. I don't know if I follow her on FB or not, tbh. I'm rarely there.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:26 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
The link on Kelly’s website goes to her personal Facebook page. As far as I know, that’s the only Facebook page she has. IMHO, she’s always done a poor job of separating her personal and professional stuff online.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 07:50 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
The link on Kelly’s website goes to her personal Facebook page. As far as I know, that’s the only Facebook page she has. IMHO, she’s always done a poor job of separating her personal and professional stuff online.
And that I don't understand. I like my privacy!

And I worded my post above poorly. I guess I was trying to say: I don't expect an instructor to share my opinions. And rather than be disappointed by them, I choose to remain ignorant. (Unless it was something heinous...then I'd want to know. )
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 08:09 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messe View Post
Agreed. I think she would be better served to clearly delineate personal from professional and poof! all the controversy would disappear. It sure wouldn't be hard to have two Facebook pages and keep her off label commentary on her personal page. She has every right to her opinions, just keep them on her personal page. JMHO of course. Bottom line is she can do whatever she wants, she just risks losing customers who want her to exist in the bubble of workout DVDs (credit to bubbles) and that's not good business. I also don't look to fitness professionals (or any celebrity, for that matter) for social, political or religious commentary and I don't care what they think about current issues either, but I don't want to read about it accidentally.

hedygs, I'm sorry that happened to you.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-20, 09:00 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Compare KCM’s FB page to another instructor’s— Cathe’s, for example. All the content on Cathe’s is exercise-related. That is the way it should be. I can’t separate my feelings about the instructor from the instruction. Unfortunately.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 12:24 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

I avoid social media like the plague -- I work in high tech (yes, one of those BIG companies) and have been in this industry for 15+ years but prefer to get my news curated by my local newspaper (via Google News feed that is algorithm-driven) and a national newspaper (read the paper edition every day). I just focus on my family (here and abroad -- my husband and I are both immigrants from two different continents), work and local community to stay sane and remain somewhat at peace with what the world brings us. I would advise the same for folks with a professional profile... that's why the only thing you see about me online besides VF is on LinkedIn!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 06:35 AM  
Rhonda

I just want to clear it up.

KCM does have two pages. One is Kelly Coffey Meyer and the other is Train Smart with Coffeyfit.

I don't know what the message was that your talking about and not saying it was right or wrong since I don't know what was said but wanted to say she does have two pages.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:07 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Most of IG was filled yesterday with blank black images. It was called blackout Tuesday. KCM was posting about her new workouts. It glaringly stood out against the blank posts. Of course she had a right to do that but she was certainly making it clear she wasn't supporting blackout Tuesday. So she was putting her political views out there for everyone to see whether we wanted to know her views or not. That part is unprofessional in my view because she was talking about her new dvds so that was the professional part of her IG account.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, kcm