Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-20, 08:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I have a co-worker who recently flew to Florida, like maybe a week or so ago. I haven't spoken with him, but he puts up pictures on IG of them on the beach and doing various things. He also had a mask on at the airport. I guess we'll know in a few weeks if it was a safe idea to fly.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 12:50 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
Not that recently but ... my husband and I took a short trip to Ca. from NY the week before Christmas. Within 2 days of arriving he came down with the flu and he was down for the count the rest of the trip and flight home. Within a couple of days after arriving home I got sick myself. Since I got a flu shot in October I am wondering if perhaps I caught covid 19 while out there or on the plane ride home. We did not even have the same symptoms. He was dizzy and nauseous, I had a fever and bad cough.
The bottom line is it's very easy to pick up germs in airports and on planes.
I think I might have had it, as well. I got the flu shot in Oct. On New Year's Eve, I started feeling really bad --- hit me quick. I had the chills/fever for about two days and had a really bad cough. The chills were bad. When I went to work two weeks later, I started choking (seriously---could not breathe) and they called in the local FD's EMTs. By the time the "meat wagon" arrived, I was able to breathe normally and my vitals were ok. I declined to ride to the hospital and started feeling better the next day. Took a long time for the cough to go away...
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 12:52 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
We rarely fly anywhere anymore. It's such a chore and a bore. You couldn't PAY me to get on an airplane now.

Our last few flights have been awful. On one long flight the aircraft only had ONE restroom. On another coming back from Hawaii, they ran out of food and gave us bananas! WTH!

I'm old enough to remember when flying was fun and even somewhat glamorous!
At least you got a banana....
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 01:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
At least you got a banana....
Being paranoid, I had some Clif bars, so we didn't starve!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 07:44 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Being paranoid, I had some Clif bars, so we didn't starve!
I packed a bunch of Clif bars in my carry on that I didn't end up using on my way back from a trip a couple years ago (unopened in their original wrappers). More than just a few, I admit. I had them packed in about 3 ziplocs. Apparently, at least according to the TSA agent who had to deal with me and my Clif bars, lots of Clif bars packed together like that look suspiciously like explosive materials when they go through the carry-on conveyor belt screener thing. I never considered this and was sort of embarrassed by the whole thing. FWIW, they let me keep my Clif bars after testing ALL OF THEM for explosives residue and digging through the 2 carry-on bags they were in.

There was a young family ahead of me putting on their shoes while all this was going on with me and my Clif bars and the mom said, oh that has happened to us before. So then I felt *slightly* less embarrassed about it.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 09:04 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I have a flight booked for May 27 that I purchased before the outbreak. We had a vacation planned for California. I purchased a fare that is not refundable but I can get a credit for a future flight if I cancel 24 hours before the flight. I am waiting to see if United cancels it because if they do, I get a refund.
Anyway they sent me an email last week telling me I can reschedule my flight at no added cost. No kidding. I think they want me to do this so they don't have to refund me when they cancel it. They also gave me a whole song and dance (via email) about how they are keeping all the middle seats empty, sanitizing and having all the flight attendants wearing masks.
Well on Twitter the other night, a doctor who had been helping out in a NYC hospital posted about his United flight to SF. The photo showed him on a plane packed to the gills with people. He apparently got the same BS email from them about their "precautions" so he was not happy.
I just re-booked my rental near Yosemite NP for this time next year. I was really looking forward to this vacation but there are people who have real problems.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19