Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-29-20, 07:43 PM  
seabliss

How relieved do we all feel that we have fitness gear?!

Everywhere online there are posts about the complete cleanout of fitness gear. Some instructors are releasing soupcan workouts. The actor Chris Hemsworth just made a video showing how people can work out using things around the house (e.g., squats holding a full laundry basket, curls with laundry detergent), and Sylvester Stallone is posting about how when he was young he used whatever he could find around to work out because he couldn't afford gear.

So in the midst of this time, I look at my stocked workout corner with dumbbells, kettlebells, mat, and other toys, and I am so thankful! Vidiots for the win!
Old 04-29-20, 08:23 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

So relieved to have all my gear! At the very beginning of this my daughter was trying to get a couple sets of dumbbells and had a super hard time finding any available. I have doubles of some (for when she comes to visit) and was glad I didn’t have to resort to mailing them to her. I love all my fitness stuff!
Old 04-29-20, 09:12 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

All over all the media are ideas for working out at home. Hmmm. I don’t need any ideas - been doing it for years! And I have all the equipment I need to do it! Who’s laughing now (just a little dig at everyone who has ever pooh-poohed home workouts as second rate to “real” workouts in the gym).
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 09:18 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

My 18 year old son has a friend who does serious body building (at a gym) -- competes. He has taken to loading his backpack with bags of sand and using that for a bunch of things.
Old 04-29-20, 10:07 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

I find it so funny that people are fretting about how to work out at home. One of my male friends was so excited to discover Insanity. Another is doing push-ups and sit-ups. I tried to steer him to YouTube, but he is very set in his ways. We are so lucky to have our gear and also this forum, which provides inspiration, friendship, laughs and great information (even when it is enabling).

Lori
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 10:18 PM  
Sand

I won a year's membership to Planet Fitness and I only went once. I have always felt much more comfortable working out at home. I love that I have a variety of workouts to choose from and the flexibility to workout when I want and to wear what I want.

I have heard that dumbbells and kettlebells are near impossible to find. A local cross fitness gym decided to rent out their equipment to their gym members during the quarantine.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-20, 11:38 PM  
loulou

Last year about this time I moved. Couldn't give away my heavier dumbbells, kettlebells, weight plates, etc. Didn't want to move them and have been sticking with lighter weights and body weight anyway.

Finally the movers reluctantly said they would find somewhere to donate them. Hindsight. 20/20.

I am really, really happy I bought the TRX on sale in March.
loulou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 08:11 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Preach it Sista!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
All over all the media are ideas for working out at home. Hmmm. I don’t need any ideas - been doing it for years! And I have all the equipment I need to do it! Who’s laughing now (just a little dig at everyone who has ever pooh-poohed home workouts as second rate to “real” workouts in the gym).
Yep !!! Count me in as one of those that is soooooooooo happy I've always worked out from home. And I have all (and I do mean ALL) the equipment.

Long live Home workouts, VF, all my VF buds and the Good fortune and health to be able to workout at home. (and my Peloton & those buds).

Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 08:48 AM  
laurajhawk

Sooo happy for my equipment, my videos (DVD and online), and my space!
I have a yoga buddy who always said she didn't have room to do yoga at home - her house is tiny, for sure, and she has a membership at a studio very close to her home so it was no big deal. But now she's doing livestream classes in her kitchen. I have such a comfortable space already arranged just how I like it! I am grateful.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 09:36 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Sooo happy for my equipment, my videos (DVD and online), and my space!
Yep! I would love to invest in a Bosu, weight rack, a pair of 35 and 40 pound dumbbells, maybe a 25 pound kettlebell, and barbell set but so far I'm satisfied with what I have.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, home workout revolution