Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-20, 11:39 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Busy with work today but I managed to do the first 2 miles of the Jessica's Power Walk DVD and will do the other 2 later.

Donna, Since I don't have kids, I must admit I have no clue how parents send kids to college these days, but the deal you have in MD sounds great! Does it seem your DD is going to the college nearby? TBH, health insurance is the ONLY reason I'm working, lol. Yes, Medicare is at 65, so we both have a long way to go... At least your employer lets you buy into their plan. Mine doesn't offer that so I'd be paying the full amount myself and if I did get a PT job, whatever I make there would go to pay for that, so it seems kind of pointless to semi-retire. My recent interview has propelled me into looking into other jobs though, so I applied to one this morning. I'm not unhappy where I am, especially since I'm working from home, but it is dull and a dead end, and since interviews are all virtual now, it's easier since I don't have to get all dressed up and drive somewhere. So we'll see.

Pam, I don't know which bike Sherry bought, but this is the one I have. https://www.amazon.com/Exerpeutic-Fo...8373370&sr=8-3 I've had it for 8 or 9 years and use it all the time.

Sherry, I don't think I've tried that Jessica stretch so I'll have to look into that!
Old 08-25-20, 02:35 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I tried another of Gina's Decade Power Dance Walks today. The first 90's walk I did I was pretty "meh" about the music (but was interrupted with a phone call) towards the end of the first 15 minutes, so didn't get into the second 15 minutes to sample that one out. By the time I got back to working out again, I just popped in Jessica's 6 Mile Mix and did the Upper Body band workout.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 08:36 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had an early dentist appointment this morning - just for a cleaning. I almost put it off - but I find if I don't keep up with my teeth I end up paying for it later in terms of both pain and money. It seemed safe enough - the dentists and hygienists were in full protective gear. My appointment was also one of the first of the day - which is good, too, fewer people coming in and fewer people leaving germs behind, LOL.

Since I had an early appointment I only had time for a short workout so I did:

Jessica Valent - Theraband workout - I did enjoy using the band as a prop in this Pilates class. Jessica's workouts seem to hit the right spot for me in terms of intensity, therapy and holding my interest.

Later today I will do something else - either Pahla, one of Jessica's HIIT workouts or another of Gina B's workouts.

Last night I did the 3rd segment of Gina B's 60's DVD. It was very much like the other miles. I don't feel that the choreography is overly different among the different workout segments, so that is a little disappointing, although, that is probably what keeps the pace up.

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, college in expensive! Although from what I understand, even though there are these huge price tags on the private schools, nearly every applicant gets some sort of aid/scholarship to help pay for it. At the moment, my DD's top choice is a state school that is less than an hour away - she could live on campus and then come home whenever she wanted to since it is close. She could commute as well, it is certainly no worse than what people do for their jobs. But that is where she is at for now. I think a lot of people also opt for the 2 years at community college and then transfer to a 4 year college - this way you are only paying out a lot of money for 2 years instead of 4. Yea, the medical insurance is a downer on the early retirement. And I would have to keep my DD on my insurance until she either got her own or was 26 (I think after 26 they can't say on the parents policy - not sure)

Pam - I am liking GIna's workouts for the music, but I'm finding the choreography to be a little disappointing. I think I will pull out the '70's next. LOL!

waves, Sherry! I ended up binge watching some of Dr. Dray last night. I haven't watched her for a long time. I just stick to her product reviews these days.

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 02:49 PM  
Leonana

Yesterday was a few hours of walking around Goodwills with my friend. Today was Jessica's 20 Minute Total Body Barre Workout, and I added in the 8 Minute Total Body Express Strength Workout.

Pam, I ordered this bike.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was looking for something small, inexpensive, and that had okay reviews considering the price. Crossing my fingers it lasts more than a month!

wishiwasinhawaii, that looks like a nice bike. I should have asked if anyone had recommendations, I didn't think about that. I wasn't sure about folding bikes, how long they last and the sturdiness of them.

Donna, I'll have to check Brad and Bob, if I don't forget! Yes, I'm planning on only buying one or two PC products, on sale. And they tend to last a long time. I stick to Dr. Dray's product reviews and some of her Q&A's. Sometimes I'll watch the part of the vlog with the product review.
Old 08-26-20, 09:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did another couple Gina B. Decades walks from 00's. She likes the pop music. I did liked the Ricky Martin music with the latin choreography, but the rest was pretty meh, for me. A Kelly Clarkson song and NSYNC song "Bye, Bye, Bye." Her routines are getting really repetitive and I'm afraid my knees are going to start hurting. I might put her walks on hold for a bit and only do one or two a week.

I also added Jessica's 6 Mile Mix Lower Body band workout along with warm-up and cool-down. Then did some tubing exercises from YouTube afterwards.

wishiwasinhawaii, thank you for the bike recommendations. It's nice to know what everyone uses and what has worked for them.

Sherry, so you pulled the trigger, huh. However did you decide, LOL!

Donna, I'm due for a cleaning but with this pandemic I'm not in any hurry to visit the dentist unless it's a must.

April Focus:
Old 08-27-20, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone

This morning was:

Ellen - Slim Sculpt.

I'm all over the place w/ my workouts!

Yesterday I squeezed in Jessica V's Pilates HIIT in mid-day. Jessica recommends doing it 2X through but, no thanks, burpees, planks, squat jumps, once through is enough!

I also did Pahla's 20 Min Knee Friendly cardio after work.

Pam - I only did one DVD so far and do find the choreography a little disappointing. As I posted in the GD thread, I just expected more variety. I did like the music on the '60's DVD and I think today I'll pull out the '70's and do a segment or two from that one. As much as I like Ellen, I don't get many steps from her workouts! I am getting caught up on my health stuff, the other place I need to go is for a mammogram, but I would like to put that off a bit as I will probably end up being there for a long time. At least the dentist was under an hour

Sherry- hope you enjoy the bike! If I go w/ Pahla's challenge for Sept, I'm thinking about using my bike for her Sunday "run day" workouts - I don't like her indoor/walk run workouts - but I was thinking I could do them on the bike. Mainly when she does indoor walking and running it is literally walking and running in place which bothers my back and hips.

waves, wishwasinhawaii.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 08-27-20, 08:21 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I forgot to post yesterday, but I did Strictly Strength. Today was a stretch day so I did one I found on youtube. I'm going to ride my stationary bike later. It's very hot and humid here so I'm not going out!

Sherry, That bike looks nice! Even though the bike I have folds, I actually have never folded it. I just keep it out in my workout room and take a ride whenever the mood strikes me. There are a lot of cycling workouts on youtube with scenery from places all over the world, so I've been doing those lately since we can't travel.

Donna, My nephews are doing the same thing your DD plans to do--go to a local state college. The older one is a senior now and the younger one is a freshman. All classes are online this semester so it's definitely an odd experience and I am concerned the younger one is going to feel like he's still in HS, but I think the college is doing the right thing by staying closed. A lot of his friends have left because those colleges are open, but I wonder how long they'll stay open.

Pam, Jessica's 6 Mile Mix is one of my favorites!

Have a good day!
Old 08-27-20, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi

wishiwasinhawaii - yes, college is a mess. I have heard that several schools that have opened have had to close again - as I understand it - a lot of it is due to COVID being spread at off-campus parties and such. And, honestly, at their age, I would probably be guilty of attending those parties myself - when you are that age you don't really think about the potential negative consequences of your actions...but...ugh. My DD is going to apply but she has already said if things are messed up still she will work and go to community college until things get better. I do think it is a necessary evil to keep the schools closed, you can't stop college kids from partying/getting together but the only way things get back to normal is if we can control the spread....

*sigh*

Donna
Old 08-27-20, 12:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today I did Jessica's 5 Day Fat Burn (Belly, Buns, and Thighs) walk. Also added from 6 Mile Mix (Total Body Tune-Up) with cool down and bonus stretch. Felt great today using the stretch band!

Loving 6 Mile Mix and Jessica! I hope she continues to put something out on DVD for us, too!

Have a great day everyone!

April Focus:
Old 08-27-20, 08:05 PM  
Leonana

Today was an hour and a half of filing for the hospice. I'm planning on yoga this evening, probably the shorter stretch from Fusion Fix (I think it's that one).

I got my bike this afternoon! Now I need dh to put it together for me. But I'm going to get impatient and try it myself tomorrow, lol.

I really enjoy my volunteer time on Thursdays. It makes me feel useful, and it's nice to chat a bit with the other office personnel. And they had fun size candy bars that I could bring home for dd and dh, lol.

DD bought me a Starbucks this afternoon, a decaf. That was nice of her and I appreciated it. She has had her English class two days this week so far, Tuesday and Thursday. Her math class starts in another week. She said the classes went well and she enjoyed them. She did say there was some technical glitches today, but it didn't stop the class from happening, so that's good.

Donna, my dd seems happy with her choice this year, working part time and taking classes online. I'm hoping she will take more classes next semester.

Pam, I spent a LOT of time reading reviews on Amazon, lol. Every bike had some bad reviews, but this one seemed to have less than others. I really would love a spin bike, but those are more expensive, especially to get quality. Confession time, I've bought a lot of makeup and stuff from Amazon. I probably could have bought two bikes for that same amount! So, I really wanted to save money. But if this bike doesn't work out, I'm going to ask for a spin bike for a combo Birthday/Christmas present, since my birthday is in December.

wishiwasinhawaii, I doubt I would have folded it either. I have some you tube bike workouts with scenery in my Watch Later section, ready to go!

Tags
jessica smith get strong