Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-26-20, 01:02 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today is a rest day on the schedule, but I did so much physical work this weekend that I think I really will take this day completely off! Or I might do a walking workout tonight. We'll see. The weather here stinks (cold, damp, raining) so I won't be walking outdoors.

I went to the mall earlier to try to pick up my lenses and that was a mess. So many people were not wearing masks in the mall. I had never seen that the other times I've been there, so that really bothered me and the optical place was very crowded, so I gave up and went home. I don't think I'll ever get these lenses!

Donna, I think you did the right thing postponing the horse rescue. I've been so careful and felt ok about going places all summer when the number of cases was low, but with cases rising again, I just don't feel comfortable going out. I'm starting to feel the same as I did back when this first started and I wasn't leaving the house at all. I had forgotten about Lucy! I did some of her youtube stuff maybe about a year ago and liked it, so I'll have to revisit her. I'm on my last week of Jessica's master rotation so a Lucy rotation would be fun to try.

Sherry, Knee Friendly Barre sounds interesting. Maybe I'll try that. I normally don't like barre because it bothers my knees, but since this one is knee friendly... I agree about your friends opening the ice cream shop. If it was entirely outside, maybe it wouldn't be too bad, but with their medical issues, it doesn't seem like a good idea. Are masks required indoors there? Even if they are, the customers would have to take them off to eat the ice cream.

Waves to Pam and Tracy!
Old 10-26-20, 05:51 PM  
Leonana

wishiwasinhawaii, they will require masks indoors and have two tables inside, and two outside. But people will take off their masks to eat at the tables. But they think they are okay with the masks and limited seating. It still seems a bit risky to me.

Our governor left mask mandates up to cities and counties, and fortunately most of the cities in Arizona have a mask mandate for businesses. However, their town is one of the few that didn't mandate masks. Although, their city did order masks if the business requires it. So everyone is wearing masks anyway, at least in stores. I am thankful that they are planning on requiring masks in the ice cream shop.
Old 10-27-20, 08:41 PM  
Leonana

Today was no workout, but about three hours of walking at three Goodwills. My feet are killing me! No fitness purchases today, just a few tops and a couple of wine glasses.
Old 10-27-20, 09:19 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Sherry, I didn't do a workout today either. I had to rake the leaves again because there is a storm coming, so that was my workout. Walking around Goodwill for 3 hours counts as a workout!

Waves to all!
Old 10-28-20, 07:47 AM  
donnamp

Hi,

Sorry in advance for the quick post - I have had a few busy days here...

Today was:

Gina B - Dance That Walk - Circuit Walk # 2 - I did one segment of cardio & upper and one segment of cardio & lower.

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Yoga for Hips and Lower Back.

Gina's workout was fun. She posted a Halloween workout on her You Tube channel, I think I will do that tomorrow.

Also, I'm so relieved that DD and I did not go to the horse rescue on Sunday - we got an e-mail from the volunteer coordinator - and a staff member has tested positive. They are now mandating masks and social distancing - which they were not doing previously. It seems these days everyone has to learn the hard way......

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-20, 08:38 PM  
Leonana

Today I did the 2008 Kettlenetics by Michelle Khai that I found at Goodwill last Saturday. There are four dvd's, and I did the first two. The first had a 20 minute tutorial on the moves, then the second had a 20 minute beginner workout. There is also a 40 minute workout on the third dvd, and five 10 minute target workouts on the fourth. It was different, but I enjoyed it as a change of pace. It was beginner kettlebell moves, I think, since I don't do kettlebells. And she does it with flowing moves. I was told on the Thrift Store thread that some didn't like the dvd because it wasn't true kettlebell. But Michelle does give good form pointers and cues well. I previewed the 40 minute workout, and it is dance cardio, then kettlebell moves, then floor work. The target workouts are similar to moves done in the two complete workouts, but targeted for upper, lower, floor work, standing abs, and stretch. I think I'll keep this one. Four new dvd's for $1 is a a pretty good deal, although I think they could have combined the workouts on two dvds. I could tell my glutes and abs were getting a workout, but I'm not sure how well it works the upper body.

wishiwasinhawaii, I would count raking leaves as a workout too. I hope the storm isn't too bad. We don't have any trees in our yards, just gravel, bushes, and cactus in the front, and grass in the back. We had a tree in the backyard, but dh trimmed it back too far and it died. When I sit on the back patio, I look over the fence at the neighbor's trees, lol.

Donna, I'm glad you and your dd did not go to the horse rescue. That seems to be the way of it, closing the barn door after the horse escapes. I guess that saying is pretty apt!

Waves to Pam and Tracy!

Donna
Old 10-29-20, 08:05 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Gina B/You Tube - Halloween Themed Walk/Dance - this was fun!!
Jessica Valent - Pilates for Hip Pain

Yesterday I added on CS 1028 and an outdoor walk

Sherry - glad you liked Kettlenetics!!! That is a good find. Yes, LOL re: the horse rescue - the horse was out of the barn and now, sadly, they have had to suspend the volunteer program. I'm so glad we didn't go on Sunday. I would have been freaking out. I know they are not that careful b/c they looked at my DD and I like we had 3 heads for wearing masks! Now they are mandated.

wishiwasinhawaii- are you getting lots of rain today?

Waves, Pam and Tracy.

I still don't know what I want to do in Nov. I was thinking of Jessica's Fit for the Holidays...but not sure....I can't decide if I want structure or no structure.

Waves,

Donna
Old 10-29-20, 09:06 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Boogie IT. That's another one I had forgotten about. Lots of lateral moves that I hadn't done in a long time!

Donna, Yes, it's been raining non-stop since last night! It's supposed to continue all night and finally stop tomorrow late afternoon. Did you get any rain? That's too bad about the horse rescue, but not that surprising since they weren't wearing masks. It's just a good thing you didn't go that day. My niece's school is closed again because more kids tested positive. What a mess.

Not sure what I'll do next either as far as workouts. I've been doing a lot of Jessica this year so I might do a 2 week random rotation of other instructors on youtube.

Sherry, Kettlenetics sounds interesting. I just found it on Amazon and the 4 DVD set is almost $17 so you got a good deal!
Old 10-30-20, 08:01 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening after work I did CS 1030 - Stress Relief. No walk due to the rain.

Tomorrow will be a rest day of sorts - my DD is participating in another horse show and that will be a full day - I will be on my feet and walking around for much of the day. Sunday may be a rest day, too, to recover from the long day - or maybe a Yoga day.

I haven't totally figured out what I want to do for November. I listened to Pahla's talk about exercise motivation and one thing she mentions is having a plan. So, that got me thinking about coming up with something a little more focused than what I have been doing...which is bouncing around.

Also, unfortunately, I think Pahla's workouts may be a culprit in some of the hip tightness I experience - I did a few of her workouts the past week or so and noticed the tightness creeping back in. I'm not sure what it is exactly about them that does that....but that is what I suspect. I may have to do more experiments to find out.

Today has been:

Blissasana Yoga - You Tube - Morning Mobility Practice - I really enjoyed this one, lovely scenery. I will have to do more from this You Tube channel. She also has a paid site that is reasonable (9.99/month) and looks to have some nice workouts included.

Jessica Valent - Lift those Buns Pilates - Jessica is almost like PT to me, which I guess makes sense since she is a PT.

Probably no walk today - bad weather - and I probably should do some housework during my break today, anyway.

wishiwainhawaii - yesterday was a heavy rain day here....today is a little bit better, but still very dreary....

waves, Sherry, Pam and Tracy!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-30-20, 03:48 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Metabolic Conditioning from WS3. There was a lot going on at work today but I managed to squeeze this in during lunch. We had a lot of rain again today, but it ended around 2:00. It's much colder than it has been.

Donna, I agree with Pahla that it's good to have a plan. That's why I usually do rotations because it forces me to stay on a schedule. Otherwise, I'd spend too much time trying to figure out what workout to do and I'd end up doing nothing. Have fun at the horse show! I'm staying in tomorrow because I want nothing to do with Halloween and will not be answering the door.

Waves to all!

Tags
jessica smith get strong