Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-20, 07:10 AM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyskier View Post
Compare KCM’s FB page to another instructor’s— Cathe’s, for example. All the content on Cathe’s is exercise-related. That is the way it should be. I can’t separate my feelings about the instructor from the instruction. Unfortunately.
I think she enjoys the controversy otherwise she would change her behavior.

I care deeply about human rights, politics, and current events, and I feel passionately about some things. KCM likely would be as offended by opinions/views as I am by hers. That's fine, we live in a country where the free expression of ideas is legal and used to be celebrated. Aren't the best solutions usually the result of compromise?

Tolerance and respect are important, regardless of your opinions. KCM--in her statements and behavior--has been be lacking in these traits. Hence my decision not to patronize her business despite enjoying several of her DVDs. That's me--we are all different, and I don't expect anyone to behave similarly or have the same views/opinions.

If you enjoy her workouts, that's excellent.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 08:23 AM  
Gibbee
VF Supporter

The photo of her hugging her friends is from a couple of years ago when Lori turned 50. It is not new.

STS Graduate
MET-Rx 180 Graduate
Gibbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:38 AM  
prettyinpink

I don’t know anything about what Kelly has said other than what has been posted on VF.

But, to be fair, not everyone is participating in blackout Tuesday because it has been criticized as white virtue signaling. Some feel it is problematic for all sorts of reasons.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 10:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
I don’t know anything about what Kelly has said other than what has been posted on VF.

But, to be fair, not everyone is participating in blackout Tuesday because it has been criticized as white virtue signaling. Some feel it is problematic for all sorts of reasons.
I wasn't saying it was right or wrong to participate, everyone has their own views on it. I just said her posts were in glaring contrast to what everyone else posted which is fine but it did look to me like it was a political statement on her part. I could be completely wrong on that but that was how I perceived it. Her right either way not my business. Just my thoughts
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:47 PM  
Lori_Michigan

She's kind of the Chik-Fil-A of instructors! A good enough product for me to overlook personal thoughts. I don't agree with her, but I sure like her workouts.

She probably doesn't do well when people tell her not to do something. I get that.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 03:53 PM  
suzannaerin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
She's kind of the Chik-Fil-A of instructors! A good enough product for me to overlook personal thoughts. I don't agree with her, but I sure like her workouts.

She probably doesn't do well when people tell her not to do something. I get that.

Lori--your analogy is perfection!
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 02:01 AM  
jennstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
Most of IG was filled yesterday with blank black images. It was called blackout Tuesday. KCM was posting about her new workouts. It glaringly stood out against the blank posts. Of course she had a right to do that but she was certainly making it clear she wasn't supporting blackout Tuesday. So she was putting her political views out there for everyone to see whether we wanted to know her views or not. That part is unprofessional in my view because she was talking about her new dvds so that was the professional part of her IG account.
She was definitely making her own statement. Which is perfectly fine to have a viewpoint or opinion. Her behavior and previous rants are very off putting and my wallet will stay closed where she is concerned. So many other exciting instructors to support!
jennstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 07:39 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
i think she enjoys the controversy otherwise she would change her behavior.

I care deeply about human rights, politics, and current events, and i feel passionately about some things. Kcm likely would be as offended by opinions/views as i am by hers. That's fine, we live in a country where the free expression of ideas is legal and used to be celebrated. Aren't the best solutions usually the result of compromise?

Tolerance and respect are important, regardless of your opinions. Kcm--in her statements and behavior--has been be lacking in these traits. Hence my decision not to patronize her business despite enjoying several of her dvds. That's me--we are all different, and i don't expect anyone to behave similarly or have the same views/opinions.

If you enjoy her workouts, that's excellent.
+1 ita
Old 06-04-20, 07:40 AM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennstar View Post
She was definitely making her own statement. Which is perfectly fine to have a viewpoint or opinion. Her behavior and previous rants are very off putting and my wallet will stay closed where she is concerned. So many other exciting instructors to support!
My feelings,too.
Old 06-04-20, 08:15 AM  
Gams

I guess I still love her because I have no idea what’s going on. I didn’t know she was prone to ranting and not sure about what.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, kcm