Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-07-20, 11:38 AM  
Gams

Anyone have a favorite DVD workout set?

I usually don’t love or hate the sets in my workouts, although I have an intense dislike for the stark white sets where everything looks washed out and you can’t tell where the floor ends and the walls begin. But one set I really, really like is the set in Kathy Smith’s March to Fitness. I love the deep green carpet and the big windows with the trees and bushes swaying in the wind. I don’t think there’s another set I like as much.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:41 PM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

Eoin Finn's Blissology DVD set has the best set! They filmed everything in Bali and the music is also amazing. Love it...
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:49 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Eoin Finn's Blissology DVD set has the best set! They filmed everything in Bali and the music is also amazing. Love it...
He has new practices for streaming/download on Vimeo.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 01:31 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Oh, yes, Blissology is beautiful! Each practice has a different Bali setting.
My favorite sets are generally outdoors. Rodney Yee and Rainbeau Mars have lovely Hawaiian settings.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 07:14 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
I agree! That is my favorite DVD set, followed by some of the practices in Yoga Warrior 365 (Mountain Warrior in particular).
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 09:02 AM  
tangerine

Element Barre Conditioning has a beatiful setting, in a garden with an ocean in the background. I didn't like the workout so I SASEd it to a fellow VFer but wow it was a gorgeous setting.

Here's a clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=036qwoYP5tA

I also like Classical Stretch workouts filmed at the different resorts, makes me feel like I'm at the beach.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 09:47 AM  
bubbles76

So far, I'm loving the settings in my Dashama yoga set. At first, I wasn't sure about the yoga set, but a sweet VFer SASEd it to me, and I'm loving the workouts and the set! Agree with Blissology, gorgeous settings.

I also like loft type sets. I love the settings in Ballet Fitness with Nicki McGinty and (though not strictly loft type setting) I love the setting in Eva Barash's Living Room Yoga series.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-20, 01:29 PM  
starbelly

Lee Holden has beautiful sets including the California Coast, forests, and Yosemite. The newest videos were filmed on the coast in Croatia and somewhere in the UK. The UK video (QG for Depression) has that sort of hazy sky that covers northern Europe much of the year and reminds me too much of what I see outside my window. Since we have been in lockdown, however, the weather has been beautiful.

The Body Sculpting Series (1 and 2) from Essentrics are filmed at the beach as is the Stretch Series (well, BSS2 and SS1 are sometimes in a resort-type place, sometimes with a view of the sea).

Blissology has those lovely Bali scenes and the newest offerings on Vimeo were also filmed on the beach in Bali and have good music. Vol. 2 of "Stay OM" has an adorable puppy digging in the sand next to Eoin.

I dislike those sets that look like someone's dirty garage (Paul Katami has a few and there were a number on Alo Moves with that type of set) and all white/plain sets. Bar Method Change Your Body and Accelerated Workout have a very cozy set and Suzanne Bowen's first house in Florida (yellow walls and a large window) is very pleasant.

With so much time spent indoors in front of a computer (now teaching from home), I need to see some beautiful outdoor scenery for my workouts. I also make sure to walk outside for ~1 hour and the dogs really enjoy that.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 01:41 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
I usually don’t love or hate the sets in my workouts, although I have an intense dislike for the stark white sets where everything looks washed out and you can’t tell where the floor ends and the walls begin. But one set I really, really like is the set in Kathy Smith’s March to Fitness. I love the deep green carpet and the big windows with the trees and bushes swaying in the wind. I don’t think there’s another set I like as much.
I like that set as well. I like the workout too! Generally the sets don’t make much of an impression on me. I even don’t mind the stark white ones. My favorites, though, are those filmed outside with the sun shining (and it makes a difference if the sun isn’t shining). If the workout is filmed inside, then I like the ones with windows so you can see the outside or even ones with fake outdoor settings.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 03:40 PM  
seagreen01
VF Supporter

Yes, that Kathy Smith March set is a gorgeous space which I visit once in a while.

I mostly love the outdoor settings, Rainbeau Mars, Gilad, Jessica Smith, Ellen and indoors with out door views which are real or well done fake.

There are a few indoors sets like XTF personal trainer which feel like a gym with just the right amount of equipment in the background.

I know I dislike any total white, jammed in a corner, or with tiny platforms where I’m constantly waiting for the instructor to fall off.
seagreen01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
background sets, outdoor settings, set design, settings, workout background sets, workout sets