Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-17, 12:15 AM  
videofit

My weight is the same and my blood work is excellent, according to my doc. But then again, I've taken bioidentical hormones for years as well as natural thyroid hormone for my Hashimoto's hypothyroid. If I eat more calories than I burn I gain weight and lose it doing the reverse. Same as always.
Old 11-21-17, 04:25 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I'm 61. I have never been overweight, but my body composition has changed--I have a small pooch where I didn't have one before. My diet is excellent and I get a lot of exercise (a benefit of retirement). My gynecologist tells me the pooch is quite normal.

I could work on getting rid of that pooch. But speaking for myself, that just isn't how I want to spend my time and energy now. The psychologist C.G. Jung has a lot of really interesting observations about the second half of one's life, and how the psychological tools that you used in the first half of life need to change in the second half or else you'll be pretty unhappy. I think one of the tools to develop in the second half of life is self-acceptance. This doesn't mean letting yourself go; it can mean showing a lot more compassion and kindness to yourself. This can translate into better nutrition, dietary choices, appropriate exercise programs, adequate rest, etc., rather than flogging yourself to attain the same figure you had at age 25.
This is excellent! I know that in my head, but I hate what I see. I will just work with what I have. I can handle the belly. Thank you!

All of your comments have been wonderful and have boosted my spirits and self esteem. I'm taking the Simpson view - just more of me to love baby! The good thing is I am not losing strength or stamina and that's what's important to me.

Thank you ladies!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 04:39 PM  
AnMrsDe

Thumbs up

And a big WELL DONE to you, Kate, for losing 50#!!!!!! That is HUGE and should be celebrated!!!!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-17, 06:05 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMrsDe View Post
And a big WELL DONE to you, Kate, for losing 50#!!!!!! That is HUGE and should be celebrated!!!!
Thank you dear friend. Part of my frustration after working so hard to lose the weight and get a relatively flat stomach. Ah, the joys of aging. I still want to live to 100 as long as I can still lift weights.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-17, 12:16 PM  
MuscleWoman
VF Supporter

At age 52, I gained 10# almost overnight. Now at 55 I'm about 15# over. Still a normal BMI - they say - but I don't like it.

I plan to dedicate more time and energy to exercise after retirement. Right now I try to keep it under control and accept it. I did feel better when I caved and bought larger size clothing tho.
MuscleWoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause, post menopause