Old 01-22-16, 10:54 PM  
MathTeacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
So much for not buying anything this year
I wasn't going to either.
Old 01-22-16, 11:54 PM  
lorajc

I love this set...although I haven't done the entire set yet. It's not killer as far as intensity but I work out around injuries so its good for me.

I like the variety. In it and that I get to use my Pilates Ring...I suppose you could make it harder by putting more effort into it and lifting a bit heavier....putting ankle wts on for the floor work, etc. The Mommy talk does get to me a bit....but I usually look at one of my cats and say....do you hear that??? I'm your Mama!!!

For that price...you can't go wrong....it seems I ALWAYS grab these workouts when I can't decide on what to do.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 02:11 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
....but I usually look at one of my cats and say....do you hear that??? I'm your Mama!!!
that's really cute. i count animals as children too.
Quote:
For that price...you can't go wrong....it seems I ALWAYS grab these workouts when I can't decide on what to do.
it's in my cart, but for the life of me, i just don't know whether to get them or not. reason being is that i have so many other systems that are sitting there collecting dust. lora - it's nice to hear that you grab these when you're not sure what workout to do.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 09:00 AM  
alisoncooks

For that price, I'm tempted. (It really is an amazing price!). These sound good in theory: intermediate level, short workouts.

But then I watch the YouTube samples and...meh.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 09:19 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Well I bought it at full price, tried one or two workouts and traded the set. I can't remember anything specific, it just didn't grab me. So of course, now I'm very tempted to re-buy at this great price.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 09:36 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
For that price, I'm tempted. (It really is an amazing price!). These sound good in theory: intermediate level, short workouts.

But then I watch the YouTube samples and...meh.
Yes, this is where I'm at . I'm hoping that someone will tell me that the main workouts that aren't on youtube feature something different. But the workouts have such a fun, happy atmosphere.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 10:04 AM  
Breezy Trousers

Quote:
Same here. When I first got this system a couple years ago, I did a couple Fe Fits, lifting heavier weights, and thought they were surprisingly respectable workouts. (I worried I'd dislike the instructor and pastel girly vibe so much that I'd end up trading.) I kept the system but abandoned it in favor of higher intensity workouts.

When intense workouts were out of the question last year, I was grateful I had this system. I couldn't lift heavy and didn't need to here. Fe Fit pulled me out of a summer-long exercise slump. These days, if I need to plug in a 30-minute lower, upper or cardio workout into my week, I can just reach for a Fe Fit and patch in the gaps. It's very versatile that way. The problem is, I have so many workouts that I just don't get to the Fe Fits very often, so Bzar makes a very good point. A $25 price point for 28 thirty-minute workouts is hard to pass up, though .... Your dilemma is one I understand too well, Bubbles!
Breezy Trousers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 10:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Yes, this is where I'm at . I'm hoping that someone will tell me that the main workouts that aren't on youtube feature something different. But the workouts have such a fun, happy atmosphere.

A vidiot's dilemma....

I probably won't be up to using these until summer -- recuperating from knee surgery. And yet I doubt this price is permanent! (Mary still has these for over $100.). Decisions, decisions...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 11:15 AM  
JezthePuff2

OMG, that's great price! I think my Mom paid double that when she bought them for me for Christmas.

I haven't used them yet. I'm going to finish my Jessica Smith rotation first, and then I'll start looking at these.

Kind of wondering if the "mommy talk" will bug me. That kind of stuff is irritating to me.

~~~Well behaved women rarely make history.~~~
JezthePuff2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-16, 02:35 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Back to report that a blizzard(meaning too much time online) and an amazon gift card results in my purchasing this set yet again for $3.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fe fit, fe fitness, hilary chung