Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-05-14, 11:32 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

The All Things Winsor Pilates discussion

VF fans of Mari, or even if you're not a fan but have a good knowledge of videos: I am on a mission to get my hands on every Winsor DVD made, from the original Guthey-Renkers to Gaiam and Shape.

Please help me complete my list so that I can begin scouring the internet to fill in the gaps!

Original Set:
  • 20 Minute Workout
  • Accelerated Body Sculpting
  • Advanced Body Slimming
  • Buns & Thighs Sculpting
  • Abs Sculpting
  • Upper Body Sculpting

Winsor Pilates Power Sculpting With Resistance:
  • Power Sculpting With Resistance
  • Advanced Power Sculpting With Resistance
  • Power Sculpting With Resistance - Buns & Thighs
  • Power Sculpting With Resistance - Abs

Winsor Pilates Maximum Burn Series:
  • Maximum Burn 20 Minute Series
  • Maximum Burn Advanced Series - Super Sculpting & Body Slimming
  • Maximum Burn Basics & Fat Burning - Sculpt Your Body Slim
  • Maximum Burn Cardio

Winsor Pilates Endless Fitness:
  • Endless Fitness for Beginners
  • Endless Fitness - Strength & Body Slimming

Individual titles from G-R:
  • The Back Workout and Flexibility & Strength Training
  • Pilates on the Ball
  • Pilates for Men

Dynamic Sculpting Circle:
  • 20 Minute Circle Workout and Accelerated Fat Burning
  • Beginners Sculpting Circle
  • Advanced Sculpting Circle

Dynamic Sculpting Ball:
  • 20 Minute Rapid Sculpting/Total Body Dynamic Sculpting
  • was there a separate disc using the mini ball?

Mari's workouts for the Supreme Pilates and Malibu Chair

The Winsor Slimming Pilates kit

Gaiam Titles:
  • Mari Winsor Pilates
  • Flat Abs Pilates
  • Lower Body Pilates
  • Beginner Pilates
  • Pink Ribbon Pilates
  • Cardio Pilates
  • Core Plus Reformer Kit

Shape Titles:
  • Pilates for Pink Core Challenge
  • Pilates for Pink Workout with resistance band
  • Pilates for Pink Slimdown

Books:
  • The Pilates Powerhouse
  • The Pilates Pregnancy
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 11:46 AM  
JustSandra

There was a set of three Guthy-Renker videos (originally VHS but also released on DVD) that used a band:

-Power Sculpt Buns & Thighs, 21 minutes (I have a copy)
-Power Sculpt Abs, 15 minutes
-Power Sculpt Advanced, 48 minutes

Collage rated the first two as Intermediate, and the last one as Intermediate/Advanced.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 11:50 AM  
JustSandra

Maximum Burn Basics and Fat Burning were released together on one DVD. I actually did a VF review of this one. I no longer have the DVD, though. Per my review, Maximum Burn Basics is a 20-minute pilates workout which incorporates a pair of light dumbbells. Fat Burning is a 35-minute cardio routine (including warmup and cooldown) followed by 10 minutes of traditional (non-weighted) pilates matwork. The two workouts are separately chaptered on the start menu. I don't know if these were released on VHS.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 12:18 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Pat,

slimming kit DVDs:
Superfast Body Blast
Rapid Results Pilates
ABsession
Quick Start Pilates Weight Loss
Pilates of the Fit and Famous

with Guthy Renker:
Pilates for Men

Band (G-R)
Power Sculpting with Resistance Sculpt Your Body Slim (pink outfit with turquoise band)
Power Sculpting with Resistance Advanced (blue outfit with turquoise band)
Power Sculpting with Resistance Abs (purple outfit with turquoise band)
Power Sculpting with Resistance Buns & Thighs (green outfit with turquoise band)

(need to confirm the list below - she used a similar title for 2 different workouts that were issued with the circle workout of the Maximum Burn Series)
Maximum Burn Advanced Series Super Sculpting
Maximum Burn Body Slimming
Maximum Burn Basics Fat Burning
Maximum Burn Cardio
Maximum Burn Accelerated Fat Burning

Endless Fitness Series (with G-R)
Endless Fitness For Beginners
Endless Fitness Strength & Body Slimming

With G-R
The Back Workout & Flexibility Strengthening

i'll add to my post later. i started a few threads on VF myself regarding her cardio videos (dancing).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 02:20 PM  
Eibhinn

Pat - when you know what titles you need, please let me know - either on this thread or by PM - what you need to complete your collection. For whatever reason, the last month or so my local second hand store has been absolutely awash in Winsor Pilates stuff, ranging from the very old to some fairly new stuff. No guarantees that's still the case, or it will continue, but if you let me know what you need I could swing by and pick up any you don't have. They're only $2 each, and in slim line cases that probably would be fairly cheap to ship.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-14, 04:59 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Wow thank you for the replies, both public and private - I have to start dinner now but will get all my ducks in a row and reply tomorrow!

I went on Marketplace and have the stability ball workout and the back care one on the way.
Old 10-05-14, 09:54 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

threads regarding the Maximum Burn series:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=winsor

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ghlight=winsor

I might have a duplicate of one of the workouts in this series - i'll PM you.

Mari has somewhat grown on me over the years. I don't always reach for her for pilates (I prefer other instructors) but I occasionally go back to her Abs and the Buns/Thighs one (both w/ and w/o the band sets).

I remember getting her original 3-disc G-R set. then I traded it because I just didn't like how she does everything at lightning speed.

I acquired the add-ons to the original set - the Abs, the Buns/Thighs. with these, she goes slower, which suits me better.

then on craigslist, a seller sold me a huge mother lode of winsor - the original series, the band series, the circle series, etc plus the gadgets (ball, ring, band). I kept the band (it's excellent and lasted me a long time), the men's workout and the back workout, and sold everything else on ebay for a great price.

then later on, I read raves about the band series for Abs and the Buns/Thighs one, so eventually I acquired those from thrift stores. I also bought the other 2 band workouts at a library sale.

her books are pretty good - especially the pregnancy pilates book. it was one of the first of its kind back in the mid 90s. I followed all of her suggestions on incorporating pilates during pregnancy.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 07:55 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eibhinn View Post
Pat - when you know what titles you need, please let me know - either on this thread or by PM - what you need to complete your collection. For whatever reason, the last month or so my local second hand store has been absolutely awash in Winsor Pilates stuff, ranging from the very old to some fairly new stuff. No guarantees that's still the case, or it will continue, but if you let me know what you need I could swing by and pick up any you don't have. They're only $2 each, and in slim line cases that probably would be fairly cheap to ship.
+1 on this! I'm with Eibhinn--don't know why, but at one time or another, I've seen (ok, and acquired!) pretty much all of Mari's w/o's from my local Goodwill's. I love trolling for w/o's, so include me if you pm or post your "need" list!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-14, 08:22 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Jeannine - good idea to collect the books too! And I had forgotten all about the "Endless Fitness" series.

I'm having a sort of Winsor Renaissance - even Mari's "bad" videos give me good results. I have a very cranky spine and it just loves Mari's videos - I can't explain it! Something about her is just endearing to me, as well.

After all - my original G-R set led me to find this wonderful website.
Old 10-06-14, 08:37 AM  
Sandrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I'm having a sort of Winsor Renaissance - even Mari's "bad" videos give me good results. I have a very cranky spine and it just loves Mari's videos - I can't explain it! Something about her is just endearing to me, as well.
I agree with this! I had a Winsor Renaissance back in the spring, and really enjoyed it! Plus, her mat workouts pair *very* nicely with the SP!
Sandrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything winsor pilates, mini ball, pilates ball, winsor, winsor ball, winsor pilates, winsor slimming pilates, winsor videography