Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-04-13, 05:29 PM  
Elzabee5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
[*]Ashley Turner's Yoga for Flexibility & Stress Relief[/LIST]
Oh, yes! I didn't think of this one, but this was an extremely relaxing practice I enjoyed when I needed to avoid putting pressure on my wrist.
Elzabee5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-13, 05:49 PM  
altinker

I have wrist issues, too. I am not ergonomic at work. I do Ultimate Yogi, which is a LOT of downward dog. I find that over time, my wrists warm up, and it isn't too hard for me to do now. But, I wouldn't suggest UY if you want to avoid wrists altogether. Bikram Yoga is definitely easy on wrists. You might also try a nice Pilates dvd, and I find that some of the beginner barre workouts -- like Change Your Body -- have helped me with nice stretches. But, for overall yoga, I really love Ultimate Yogi. It is beautifully done, and it really helps me with my neck and stress levels. I now love down dogs and I used to abhor them.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 07:57 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Got it - the Leslie Kaminoff DVD is "Breath Centered Yoga" - but be forewarned, this one has long holds on one side at a time and it FRIES my butt so much that I'm afraid of it!!! But, he designed it for people who do not want to put weight in the hands.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 08:51 AM  
cristinalatina

Try bikram yoga. My favorite practice is Total Beauty and Fitness by Raquel Welch. It's 80 mins long, the full Bikram sequence, no weight bearing on wrists but plenty of challenge!
Old 08-05-13, 12:51 PM  
Gogo

I want to give you all hugs!! You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much! I never knew there was such a thing as a Bikram style dvd. I will be checking that out!
Gogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-13, 12:55 PM  
Gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat58 View Post
got it - the leslie kaminoff dvd is "breath centered yoga" - but be forewarned, this one has long holds on one side at a time and it fries my butt so much that i'm afraid of it!!! But, he designed it for people who do not want to put weight in the hands.
lol!
Old 08-05-13, 03:10 PM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogo View Post
I want to give you all hugs!! You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much! I never knew there was such a thing as a Bikram style dvd. I will be checking that out!
Honey, you want to try for free?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVEbOQFW-AM

Enjoy! I adore this practice. It's my all time favorite.
Old 08-06-13, 09:47 AM  
altinker

Thank you so much for that link. I miss Bikram Yoga --I just cannot fit it into my schedule to make it to class.
altinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-13, 10:12 AM  
Gogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
Honey, you want to try for free?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVEbOQFW-AM

Enjoy! I adore this practice. It's my all time favorite.
Yea, I googled the video as soon as you mentioned it . I will be aiming for it. I'm not sure I can do it yet. There are these poses/holds on the balls of the feet. I'm also trying to recover from plantar fasciitis so I do not know that would be too much on my feet just yet but I am very excited to do this video someday, hopefully soon!
Old 08-07-13, 12:44 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
Try bikram yoga. My favorite practice is Total Beauty and Fitness by Raquel Welch. It's 80 mins long, the full Bikram sequence, no weight bearing on wrists but plenty of challenge!
Yeah, I'm going to Bikram for the second time ever today, and it's definitely not too tough on the wrists. Basically, I would suggest staying away from ashtanga and vinyasa yoga styles. You've got some great suggestions in this thread. Of course, a lot of them are restorative / gentle practices. That's what makes Bikram a nice alternative for people with sensitive wrists who want a more active / intense practice. I wish there were more options like this. I don't personally have wrist issues, but it would definitely add to the variety of dvd offerings.

Tags
beginner, raquel welch, raquel welch bikram, wrists, yoga