Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-16, 11:02 AM  
pricek

Quote:
Originally Posted by marki64 View Post
Me too. I just got mine after 10 months and I had some pain about a week before I got it. I didn't know what was going on. I haven't gained weight thankfully, but I recommend some intense circuit workouts. I think that is key. Keep the metabolism going. We got a puppy this summer and she keeps me moving. I walk her at least 1 long walk per day, 2 on the weekend, along with my workouts. I still do intense workouts.
I got mine this month after six months. I'm hoping it doesn't come back again EVER!! I was so disappointed in having to start over.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-16, 11:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Ladies, you are scaring me! I am 48, so right in the wheelhouse. I am lucky not to get my period b/c I take continual BC pills, as it helps my migraines (which used to be horrible at the start of my periods!). This past summer, my GYN told me he doesn't want me to continue on the pill past age 50, and although my mother's migraines went away after she went through menopause, my neurologist keeps telling me things are likely to get worse before they get better...between that and the weight gain, I may be in for a world of hurt sometime soon!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-16, 12:47 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
and although my mother's migraines went away after she went through menopause
mine went away. it was a welcome change.

however, it was replaced with hot flashes. weird - my older sisters and mom never had hot flashes. my hot flashes recently went away, like during the past 18 months.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-16, 01:04 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricek View Post
I got mine this month after six months. I'm hoping it doesn't come back again EVER!! I was so disappointed in having to start over.
That happened to me last fall. 4 months of nothing then three in a row, two weeks apart each. After that I went two months, 6 weeks, and two months. Now it's been three months. I am so ready to be done!
Old 10-29-16, 01:19 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Wow can I relate to the weight gain in my 50's! I was a size 6 for years but now I'm a size 10. I was tired of being uncomfortable in tight waist bands because of my expanding middle.

So I've been buying dress pants and jeans with stretch waist bands. I found some knit dress pants by Ellen Tracy at BJ's for $20 that have a nice soft wide waistband and stretch all over. With a longer top or cardigan you can't see it.

My go to jeans are the one's below from Diane Gilman. They sit higher on the waist but are very forgiving with all over stretch. I buy them in straight leg and boot cut so I have some variety.

I think I subconsciously decided to ride it out, lol. I was just so tired of feeling uncomfortable.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-...ariant=7632323
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-16, 02:35 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy G View Post
My go to jeans are the one's below from Diane Gilman. They sit higher on the waist but are very forgiving with all over stretch. I buy them in straight leg and boot cut so I have some variety.

I think I subconsciously decided to ride it out, lol. I was just so tired of feeling uncomfortable.

https://www.hsn.com/products/dg2-by-...ariant=7632323
thanks for sharing that - those look so cool and stylish.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-16, 10:46 AM  
Rosemarie

I too was feeling quite desperate by the meno weight gain. Eventually I lost 25 pounds by going low carb: no rice, pasta, bread, starchy veg or sugar (including fruit). If you had told me a few years ago that I would do this, I would have laughed like a crazy women b/c those were my fav foods, especially fruit. But it was actually easier than I expected.
Rosemarie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
menopause