Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-20-21, 05:59 AM  
Cher

AnMrsDe, I was exactly like you in that I’ve had glasses since second grade but my eye doctor at the time would not let me get contacts until I was 16 years old and you can bet, I got them as soon as I could! It is very weird to not have either but, of course, you know I LOVE it! Hmmm, watermelon vodka! I never thought of doing that one. I think DH is done making any vodka until next year since he’s the one that gets the fruit out and strains it all. . I don’t think I will ever try those Magnum Double Carmel ice cream bars - those would be my downfall!

T2B, dang you got some heat there! I would want to eat Dove Bars all the time too! We have an ice cream place in town and I purposely try stay away because they have this Amaretto Cherry ice cream with chocolate chip flakes in it and it is just SO GOOD! (I normally pick anything with fudge & caramel but tried this one last year and now I’m addicted)! Thursday night we were in town walking around and I got a single cone of it and now that is all I can think about is going up to get it again! When I had to wear my glasses the weeks before my eye exam and surgery, I wore my sun glasses over my regular glasses too.

Elsie, yes Chrys posted pictures of her garden on Facebook.
Cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 08:06 AM  
AnMrsDe

T2B, oh that is TOO funny you're enjoying the Magnum bars too! I have one lonely bar left so no more shall go into my cart! You are doing fantastic on your weight loss journey!! Go you!

Cher, I thought it was watermelon vodka you guys always made in the summer? Or was it strawberry vodka? Well, either one sounds really good! Don't mention any other favorites of ice cream, please!!

Elsie, I am not on FB so I thought Cher was referring to Chrys' pics she has in her profile... Congrats on your weight loss too!

Happy Father's Day! Enjoy your Sunday!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 12:52 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

AMD, thanks! And not yet, I would like to go a store, instead of ordering something online.

T2B, the clubz were discussed here some years back:http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...d.php?t=202264

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 06:27 PM  
T2B

Elsie - congrats on the weight loss!

Cher - sounds like a cool thing to be close enough to walk to an ice cream shop. That ice cream sounds really good. My favorite ice cream is Blue Bunny Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate. My favorite trick treat is Oikos Triple Zero Cherry yogurt , granola and mini chocolate chips! I just stocked up on Cherry yogurt, and like AnMrsDe, plan to walk away from the ice cream for awhile.

AnMrsDe - Those Magnum ice cream are good although I hate the name. Lol. I feel like I’m always on a weight loss journey. As long as I continue to weigh in daily, I do fine. It’s when I stop weighing in that things go downhill. Stepping on the scale daily doesn’t bother me. I started watching FTWD this weekend, just finished episode 4.

AsSweet - thanks for the Clubz info. Interesting. FOMO is real, but kinda glad I missed out on it!

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-21, 08:39 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Elsie,
Quote:
Yes, Ice Cream for everyone!!! Lol.
lol that was funny!! And congrats on the weight loss!

T2B, I bought them a couple of years later, and not when they came out in 2014. Definitely, they are not for everybody, but I like them, and they have been kicking my butt, also my hamstrings were pretty sore, I wasn't expecting it at all, the abs let my obliques a little sore too. I am enjoying my rotation so far, it is incredible how 2 pounds can feel so heavy at times. The clubs are nice and well made too. I would dread the workouts if I would follow the rotation as written, they are hard!

I hope Jane is doing well!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Old 06-21-21, 09:26 AM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I got 4 walks and lots of gardening in last week, so Hooray!! Progress. Still have tons of gardening to do this week, and we leave for TX to see our daughter in a play this weekend. DH says his summer is done after that LOL. I'm also on an ice cream bar kick right now, and need to cut back
Elsie, if you go to my profile here, you can see pics of my garden from last year. I need to add the ones from this year. Way to go on your weight loss!
Cher, our kids and grandgirls love to walk the 2.5 miles to their ice cream shop. It does involve a big hill, so you gets lots of exercise. I'm not sure that burns all the ice cream calories
T2B, I weigh myself daily too. Lately it has been depressing, but it gives me something to work towards.
ASAS, I've only recently started going back to stores. It is very different than online shopping.
Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 12:46 PM  
Dontmindthemess

Hi everyone!

I’ve been in a fog of 00 flour and chilled dry Rosé for the past week I’ve just wanted to do ALL the hobbies I haven’t done for the last few month but I really have to reign in my eating and drinking with summer here. I’m just going to try to stay reasonably active and work on moderation.

Right now I’m in virtual jury duty (in the holding room) so I might get called in soon. I’ve been reading everyone’s workouts and I hope you guys stay cool, I know you’re all suffering! I’ll check in better later.

Jane
Dontmindthemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-21, 01:56 PM  
AnMrsDe

Good to hear from you, Jane! Well, instead of ice cream bars, it was pizza dough and wine for you! That's ok, we all have our vices, LOL! Have fun at jury duty - ugh!
Old 06-22-21, 11:18 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Chrys, I can imagine, I have been buying mostly online, but I miss going to the store. I hope you can put some new pics from your garden, I love watching them!

Jane, nice to hear from you! I heard you on the eating. Too much ice cream talk on here, guess what I ate some myself but not too often, though. But, the spicy chicken wings... 0 moderation, so delicious with a nice cold beer. Good luck with the Jury duty.

Waves to everyone!

Old 06-25-21, 11:29 AM  
AnMrsDe

Bumpity, Bump, Bump!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

Tags
just the workouts