Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-04-22, 12:44 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
I really like Jamie Lee Curtis, because what you see is the true her. I found the quote below in an article about her and really like the sentiment:
Quote:
In an industry obsessed with looks and youth, actor Jamie Lee Curtis is calling on people to embrace their age and body. Curtis wants the term "anti-aging" removed from everyone's vocabulary. The term represents a magic fix to the aging process and portrays natural aging as undesirable. The "Halloween" actor made the comments during the Radically Reframing Aging Summit hosted by Maria Shriver, reported TODAY. Curtis said she is pro-aging and spoke about how we needed to look at aging, rather than be obsessed with looking young. “This word 'anti-aging' has to be struck,” she said. “I am pro-aging. I want to age with intelligence, and grace, and dignity, and verve, and energy.”
Thanks for sharing this! I've long shared the idea and also long disliked its opposite (like equating "old" or "age" with "bad" and "young" with "good"). I won't be too specific here , but my principles here have been strong enough to influence my buying decisions (including exercise products).
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 01:26 PM  
warriorprincess

Jack's widow, Elaine Lalanne, is still very vibrant at 96, and works out regularly.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 01:35 PM  
warriorprincess

Dick Van Dyke is another 96 year old, exercising and dancing his way through life.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 02:43 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

My sister inspires me. She is 77 and she regularly cycles 50+ Kms, hikes, & does yoga.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, inspiration, inspirational, jamie lee curtis, senior inspiration, seniors