Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-17-15, 06:21 PM  
ghm

Free Stronger streaming workouts

Although I tend to prefer workouts with weights, I travel often for my job. At one point, I was even carting around one of my kbs when within driving distance but it was a bit of a hassle and clearly not an option for air travel thus I have been trying to find bodyweight dvds/streaming with least dread factor for me to do in my hotel room. When searching for free streaming videos, I came across this site:

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/10-fr...tter-stronger/

So far, I have only done the first four, but I have enjoyed these so much (no dread factor) that I wanted to share the info. They have a modifier in each so even the plyo workout (Ignition, I think) can be done all low impact. They have a rotation calendar as well for those who like to follow planned rotations. The instructor is Nicky Holender, whom I had never heard of before now, but I enjoy his positive motivational style.
ghm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 09:43 PM  
mtngoat

Thanks for posting about these workouts - I'm going to check them out!

eta: I checked out the workouts and they look really good! Thanks again.

Lacey (trying to convince Brent to take a Pilates class): C'mon Brent, don't you want to unify your mind and body?
Brent: Nah. I'm not gonna put all my eggs in one basket.
Corner Gas Season1 Episode 3 "Pilates Twist"

Last edited by mtngoat; 06-19-15 at 10:13 AM. Reason: addition
mtngoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 11:01 PM  
jerebo

These look great. Thank you.
Old 06-18-15, 07:08 AM  
katmom

I am previewing the Fire workout and think the woman named Sam was in 21 Day Fix Extreme.
Old 06-19-15, 09:11 AM  
Kellie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghm View Post
Although I tend to prefer workouts with weights, I travel often for my job. At one point, I was even carting around one of my kbs when within driving distance but it was a bit of a hassle and clearly not an option for air travel thus I have been trying to find bodyweight dvds/streaming with least dread factor for me to do in my hotel room. When searching for free streaming videos, I came across this site:

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/10-fr...tter-stronger/

So far, I have only done the first four, but I have enjoyed these so much (no dread factor) that I wanted to share the info. They have a modifier in each so even the plyo workout (Ignition, I think) can be done all low impact. They have a rotation calendar as well for those who like to follow planned rotations. The instructor is Nicky Holender, whom I had never heard of before now, but I enjoy his positive motivational style.
Nicky is also one of the Radius.com instructors. It's a paid streaming site. Has excellent workouts.
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 10:09 AM  
bubbles76

This has been posted here before, but I'm glad it was brought back up! I keep meaning to look up these workouts before they are pulled from online.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 11:22 AM  
jessicavi

www.grokker.com also has an array of bodyweight and cardio workouts and they are free when you sign up. BTW have you checked out this thread http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...=free+workouts ? It has a wealth of free workouts you can try on the road.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-15, 09:26 PM  
ghm

Thanks for the tips on grokker and the older thread on free streaming workouts. Because I have a Mac Air, I was taking an external dvd player to connect to my computer and then another wire that allowed me to connect to the hotel tv. It is easier to forgo extra gizmos and dvds when traveling and just use the streaming sites. I still prefer to use dvds most of the time when at home (and I default back to weighted workouts) but I have to admit that there are a lot of good free streaming options in addition to the paid ones.
I have to confess that I just checked out the radius.com site that Kellie mentioned. It does look good. Yet another opportunity for me to spend money on my video fitness addiction. It is good to have others who understand. My family is baffled by it.
ghm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-15, 04:14 AM  
bubbles76

GHM when I travel I cannot rely on the wi-fi services of most hotels. Thus, no streaming for me! I have to take my laptop or dvd player in order to get in some workouts. There actually is a gym by the hotel that I go to when I travel, but they want you to pay an obscene fee for monthly rates. The weekly rates are even higher, and they don't prorate.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, nicky holender, stronger