Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-13, 09:55 AM  
Gatorfan76

Wink Ballet Physique- also moving to streaming workouts-subscription service

Hi everyone!

I've been on an e-mail kick with several instructors to get the scoop on any upcoming releases- just heard back from Kristin of Ballet Physique and this is what she wrote me...

Hi Cheryl,
Thank you so much! I am so excited you are enjoying the DVD's-we love hearing feedback on the workouts. As of now, no plans to do another series yet because we are in the process of opening our second studio. However we are working towards providing online workouts for purchase either via single rentals or monthly subscriptions. I will keep you posted (and "like" us on Facebook if you don't already for current info!) on the status.

Keep up the great work!
Kind Regards,

Kristin S.

If you have any other questions, they're pretty quick to reply- here's their e-mail info@theballetphysique.com
Old 07-15-13, 11:02 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Ugh, more streaming rentals. I guess I'll be writing off Ballet Physique from now on.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 11:05 AM  
sunday

I'm not interested in Ballet Physique, but I am happy they are going to streaming since that's about all I do anymore.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 11:34 AM  
Rachael1216

I'm excited! I hope that Ballet Physique's streaming classes will be harder then suzanne bowen's.
Rachael1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 03:39 PM  
meg39

I'm disappointed. I think these are such great workouts, and they had such good production values, especially for a small locally owned studio. I wish they (and Physique 57) would produce more DVD workouts - even if they just filmed some studio classes.
meg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 04:15 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by meg39 View Post
I'm disappointed. I think these are such great workouts, and they had such good production values, especially for a small locally owned studio. I wish they (and Physique 57) would produce more DVD workouts - even if they just filmed some studio classes.
Agree! I wouldn't mind downloads, but I hate streaming. I'm thinking the people who like it are not simultaneously trying to keep kids occupied watching cartoons on Netflix so they can have 30 *blinkin* minutes to themselves to workout.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 04:35 PM  
PhyllisG

I am assuming you pay for streaming videos? So how expensive can this get? If you subscribe to a number of different sites--P57, Ballet Physique, maybe Cathe and I guess there are others. This could get very costly each month. Is that how it works--you pay a monthly fee?
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-13, 04:39 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
Agree! I wouldn't mind downloads, but I hate streaming. I'm thinking the people who like it are not simultaneously trying to keep kids occupied watching cartoons on Netflix so they can have 30 *blinkin* minutes to themselves to workout.
Not sure what keeping kids occupied has to do with streaming workouts. They work the same as a dvd; you just pause it and restart when you need to.
Old 07-15-13, 04:41 PM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I am assuming you pay for streaming videos? So how expensive can this get? If you subscribe to a number of different sites--P57, Ballet Physique, maybe Cathe and I guess there are others. This could get very costly each month. Is that how it works--you pay a monthly fee?
You pay a monthly fee. My Yoga Online is less than $9 a month and they have, I don't know, more than 1,000 practices available. They are also available for purchase if you want. Same with Yoga Today. The ART Method is $6.99 a month for streaming.
Old 07-15-13, 04:42 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I subscribe to Barre3's monthly streaming videos for $15 a month; ART Method's streaming videos are $6.99 a month; the cost varies from site to site.

On Barre3's website, the $15 allows me to view any number of her workouts each month, but there's no way to download or purchase (at a discount) the workouts.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote