Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-18-20, 04:43 PM  
Erica H.

For my dd, I desperately want her to have a normal college experience (she's a high school senior).

For me, I want to be able to buy the food I eat. I am on a very restricted diet and almost everything I eat is out of stock everywhere. It's making me a wreck. I have enough for a while, but I hate worrying about it all the time.

DH and I both need blood work done but don't want to go to the lab because of the risk (I don't even know if they are open).

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 04:48 PM  
Leonana

A fully stocked grocery store!

Going to the thrift store. My friend and I go every Tuesday, then have lunch together.

Game nights with friends.

Lunch with girlfriends, we meet every Friday.

My favorite Mexican restaurant for the Friday lunch.

My Tai Chi class.

Not feeling guilty every time I have to go to the store.
Old 04-18-20, 08:13 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Seeing my children, grandchildren, extended family, and 101-year-old mother, who is sequestered in a nursing home. I told her that I was going to send her a cake with a file baked in it so she can bust out of prison.

Also, getting my husband out of the house for golf (actually, golf courses just recently reopened in my state), meeting friends for lunch, getting a much-needed haircut.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 08:36 PM  
annette
VF Supporter

Seeing my sons and daughters-in-law. Today is my oldest's birthday. Can't wait to hug all of them.

Hanging out with my sister.

Going to the library.
annette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-20, 09:13 PM  
ksleeth
VF Supporter

- Eating at a restaurant.
- Going to church.
- meeting up with friends.
- traveling to CA to see all my family.
Old 04-19-20, 12:14 AM  
dfrank

Taking my daughter for her driving test. Our state suspended all road tests the day before her scheduled appointment. She’s a high school senior and everything has been one disappointment after another.

Getting a haircut

Going to church

Going back to school. I’m a teacher and I miss so much getting to work with kids and my colleagues in person.
dfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 02:21 AM  
Sand

I really miss browsing at Marshalls/TJMaxx/Homegoods! I have gift certificates from there burning a hole in my wallet.

The last store I went into was Walgreens, to pick up an online order. Aside from that I have ordered everything online to be delivered or picked up by the curb. I miss going into stores!

I also miss all my favorite restaurants and bakeries! I cook and bake but there are a lot of things I've never made because it's so much easier to just order them from my favorite restaurants or bakeries. I took it all for granted!

I also miss my library! I have a ton of books here at home that I've never read but I utilize the public library so much!

Before the quarantine, I was going to cut my hair into a pixie. I had been putting it off and the 2nd week of the quarantine, I ended up shaving it all off. I've had issues with losing my hair in the past, because of my Graves' disease and alopecia. Several years ago, my alopecia got so bad that I bought a shaver which was cheaper than going to get my hair shaved. I look good bald and decided that now was the perfect time to do it again. It's grown in very nicely but this time, my alopecia isn't an issue. My city has extended the quarantine for another month, by that time I'll be closer to the pixie that I envisioned.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 04:44 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Another one who needs a haircut badly, I had an appointment last week. Not sure when my hair place is going to open again, maybe now is the time to grow it out. I don't know if I have the patience though.

I also look forward to going back to the library, I have books here to keep me busy which is good.

I picked up my yarn and crochet hook for the first time in several years and messed around with it, I look forward to getting a few more things of yarn to practice on. Also, just going to a few other stores that I like to visit here and there (CVS, etc).

Going to the grocery store and not worrying about what I might not be able to find.

Going out to eat, I have a craving for thin crust pizza and cheese bread.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 05:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

1. Hugging Mom and Dad. I go see them now. I sit in the driveway and they sit in the garage. Maybe going into their house with them.

2. Planning a trip.

3. Going to church and small group.

4. Haircut

5. Eating in a restaurant

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-20, 06:59 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

1. Being able to go ANYWHERE without being afraid.

2. Visiting with family and friends in person

3. Going out to stores and restaurants. I haven't been to a store since March 18. My last restaurant visit was March 17.

4. Doing my own shopping. I'm grateful for services like Instacart, etc. but I miss being able to go out and pick what I want myself. Never thought I'd say that!

5. Not having to wear a mask when I leave the house.

6. Going to the park. All parks are closed here.

7. I'm concerned for my nephews. One is a college junior and his summer internship was cancelled due to COVID. I hope it doesn't hurt his job search when he graduates. My younger nephew is a senior in high school and I expect the prom and graduation will be cancelled and I wonder if he'll even be able to attend college in person his first semester.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19