Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-20, 09:33 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
That’s very interesting, I didn’t know that!
Taking Vitamin D doesn’t help?
I take Vitamin D every day on doctor's orders, and she orders blood tests to make sure it's at optimum levels. Maybe I'm looking for an excuse to try the tanning booth. My DH is always telling me I'd look healthier with a bit of color and I have a co-worker who uses them to deal with SAD - but, I've avoided them due to concerns we all hear about.

Then again -- those ultraviolet rays might come in helpful.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 01:47 PM  
Messe

My every-four-weeks haircut will be eight weeks old tomorrow, and it looks it and then some. My short hair is beyond thick and is getting more unruly every day. Some salons are reopening here, but there's no way this 72-year-old woman is going to go to a salon anytime soon when everyone over 65 is being encouraged to avoid all unnecessary trips outside the home for another eight weeks. Never mind the fact that there's no way anyone can cut my hair while maintaining the locally mandated six-foot social distance. Where's Edward Scissorhands when you really need him?

One of my friends posted a photo of her new razor-comb pixie cut on Facebook yesterday. She did it herself, and it looks fantastic. I want one! Actually, I want two — a razor comb and a haircut!

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 01:55 PM  
Carol K

No salons are opening here until after May 30 and the owner of my salon told me they can't even reschedule any appointments until she can figure out how to social distance not just the clients, but the staff members from each other. My hair was last cut and colored on March 21. Now I have shaggy layers with white roots. I do have a cute straw hat....
Old 04-30-20, 02:38 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
No salons are opening here until after May 30 and the owner of my salon told me they can't even reschedule any appointments until she can figure out how to social distance not just the clients, but the staff members from each other. My hair was last cut and colored on March 21. Now I have shaggy layers with white roots. I do have a cute straw hat....
the nail salons here have taken the time to install plexiglass.

with haircutting, it's a different story - masks for client and stylist, and maybe gloves for the stylist.

I've started looking at youtube videos on cutting my own hair! i can trim my son's hair - they've trusted me in the past.

i'm so looking forward to going shopping again, especially at thrift stores!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-20, 07:09 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
the nail salons here have taken the time to install plexiglass.

with haircutting, it's a different story - masks for client and stylist, and maybe gloves for the stylist.

I've started looking at youtube videos on cutting my own hair! i can trim my son's hair - they've trusted me in the past.

i'm so looking forward to going shopping again, especially at thrift stores!
Some of our Goodwill stores opened two weeks ago. Our governor declared them essential business, and gave Goodwill $2 million to keep them afloat. I think only a small fraction are open, however, they opened more this week.
Old 04-30-20, 07:10 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I’m surprised too. Just got our mail in ballot in PA. Very easy to apply for.
Very easy in Arizona also. I've voted by mail for years.
Old 04-30-20, 11:34 PM  
Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
I think there’s at least one bill that being worked in Congress for vote by mail, so if you are so inclined, contract your Senators and Congress man/woman and encourage them to support it. Most do listen to their constituents. I am stunned by how restrictive the law in Texas is.
I'm contacting all my representatives! There is more than enough time to at least make changes before election day in November.
Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-20, 05:23 AM  
Carol K

I totally support voting by mail. My only concern would be the city of Chicago where we've always had the worst mail delivery service since I moved here in 1994. I just don't think they're up to the job. It isn't even like this in the suburbs, just the city. In Chicago, we have early voting at all of the libraries, even on Sundays and the Monday right before election day. We've been voting early for many, many years.
Old 05-02-20, 09:51 AM  
ardnas

I miss riding my bike - while the trails & parks are open, all the bathrooms are closed. We like to take long bikes rides & I would need to use the bathroom and tinkling in the woods is not something I'm willing to do (yet)!

I miss seeing & hugging my mom. While we have done window visits, not the same.

I miss shopping -without masks & distancing & weirdness.

I miss going to our favorite restaurant in another state.

Our favorite nature sanctuary is closed - I miss going there.

Luckily I cut & henna my own hair and do my own nails.

I've been voting for years by mail. In WI with the virus they recommended everyone do so and so my husband & mom started with the last election.

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19