Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-19-11, 02:42 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Who doesn't like CLX?

We have a thread talking about the perks and results from CLX and I would like to hear from those that don't like it.

Thoughts, opinions, ect

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 03:05 PM  
muddjeansgal

Lots of people do not like it.
Most of the negative opinions I have heard were lower back or shoulder injuries, the annoying Donna who tries to take over teaching, the annoying Chalene, weight gain, or no results. I'm sure there are more but this is just what I remember from those threads.

I personally loved it
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 03:08 PM  
pedmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddjeansgal View Post
the annoying Chalene,
That's the only negative I can list because I dislike her style so much I've never gotten through more than 5 minutes of anything with her.

To each her own! Cathe's still my favorite and I know some people don't like her. Thank goodness we Vidiots don't have to worry about running out of instructors.
pedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 03:10 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I found the way she sometimes did lower and upper body exercises at the same time to be unsafe for my body. Wasn't my style at all. Her personality wasn't my style either, but if the workout had been good, I could have overlooked that.
Old 11-19-11, 03:26 PM  
iheartsts

I love Chalene, but for some reason I couldn't get into CLX. I did the first two phases and never even started the last one. I loved the length of the workouts, but I found it kind of repetitive and disliked Donna for some reason, and I never usually even pay attention to background exercisers. I also didn't like the fact that Chalene would stop and walk over to the background exercisers and give pointers, etc, and then pick up the remaining reps.

I've recently thought that I should try it again to see if I like it any better this time, but I got Cathe's new series that I haven't even opened yet, plus lots of other new stuff, but perhaps in the future I might try it again if I don't trade it away before then....

I used to like STS (hence, my username) but I don't care for it any more, so maybe if I disliked CLX previously, I might like it again...??
Old 11-19-11, 03:40 PM  
upperwside

I liked the workouts.. had fun doing the whole rotation.. but did not love the results. I got too muscular for my personal body taste. But i do have to say that it worked out good in the "end". I went straight to high rep/low weight and lot's of cardio and looked amazing.. great muscle tone (from CLX).. but more lean. I think CLX did not have enough cardio for me. I do plan on doing another CLX rotation in the new year.. i am very lean right now and want to see what it does for me. I was post baby and nursing the first time i did it. I think i was eating too much between the demands of nursing and heavy lifting.. i went very heavy with CLX.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 04:13 PM  
bubbles76

Could.not.stand.Chalene. And I actually liked Turbo Jam. But in this, she seemed like she was trying to be too "cool" or something. Additionally, I really wanted to use this workout with bands, and it just seemed too awkward to use with tubing. Maybe I just wasn't creative enough. I'm so glad it was a loaner (thanks so much naturallove!!)
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 04:41 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I loved the workouts and the length, but it was really hard on my lower back. I did 2 and 1/2 rotations. By the last time around, I finally decided it's just not for me. I passed it on.

Jackie
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 05:34 PM  
DEEDEE

I love CLX; but like others, Chalene would evenutally get on my nerves so I would just use the booklet that shows the exercises and my own music and life was good. I think the program is very solid. The cardio is boring as heck so I did my own cardio.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-11, 05:36 PM  
cardiomama

I generally liked CLX, but there were some cons for me (nothing major):

-Lifting at a super slow pace for most exercises was not always motivating (would have preferred some variance in the pace of lifts)
- music was canned, nothing memorable
- some combination exercises were just awkward (delt raise w/ leg lift on all fours, or bicep curl & hamstring curl, chest fly w/ leg abduction= the inclusion of looped band & dumbbell exercises did not always mesh well together), and did not seem to have much benefit (better to split up exercise or sequence differently)
-lots of shoulder focus for upper body, almost to the point of excessiveness.
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beachbody, chalene, clx