Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-11, 10:15 AM  
Ann1964

I bought and sold CLX 2x! Chalene just drove me nuts, is there another pgm like this that I can do? I do not do weights enough and need to. I have 12-14 pounds to lose and apple shaped.
Ann1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 10:23 AM  
acta5534

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygreatdane View Post
I have posted so many times about how much I love CLX I am afraid someone will call me a shill. I lost 30 lbs doing CLX. I still use the workouts all the time since I workout with my sis and she flat out refuses to do anything else. Her thinking is if it works keep doing it. She lost 20 lbs and gained really great looking muscle tone. We are both in our 50's. Neither one of us own a weight over 2W0 lbs. I use my 8, 10, 12, 15 lbers for a lot of exercises. I use 5s for the warm up. Sometimes I use bands when I need to baby my crummy right elbow (chronic tennis elbow). I might modify and do planks instead of push ups for the same reason. I love the modifiers in the program. Some of the moves that at first seemed weird or tricky are now some of my favs. I never make it through the entire cardio without doing something following a modifier. I hate the yoga and never do it. It is also time efficient since the longest workout is less than 45 min. I also did not follow the diet that came with the program, but used the Lose It ap. I watched the amount of food I was putting in my mouth. Extras add up fast. CLX is one of the best purchases I have ever made.
For this program, is it acceptable to use bands in place of weights? I'm currently doing a Turbo Fire rotation and I'm considering CLX when I'm done with TF only because I like Chalene's style. She's motivating and doesn't repetition you to death. I'm only hesitant about CLX because I don't like weights and I don't want to spend extra money on equipments if I don't have to.
acta5534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 10:25 AM  
akaAnnie

Thanks Debbie! You switched the order around in push and lean but not in burn?
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 10:42 AM  
Melissa C

Quote:
Originally Posted by acta5534 View Post
For this program, is it acceptable to use bands in place of weights? I'm currently doing a Turbo Fire rotation and I'm considering CLX when I'm done with TF only because I like Chalene's style. She's motivating and doesn't repetition you to death. I'm only hesitant about CLX because I don't like weights and I don't want to spend extra money on equipments if I don't have to.
Yes, you can use bands instead of weights. She has three other people demonstrating the workout and one of them does everything using resistance bands.

I didn't get any thinner--but I certainly got stronger--the two rounds I did CLX. I'm thinking about doing this again as part of a challenge I'm in with my Beachbody friends.
3:27:39 on November 4, 2017
3:13:13 on November 3, 2018
Indy 500 Festival Half Marathon:3:26:27 May 4, 2019
"What? Like it's HARD?"
"Exercise gives you endorphins and endorphins make you happy. Happy people just don't shoot their husbands. they just don't."-from"Legally Blonde"

Blog: melissacooper46.wordpress.com
Melissa C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 12:43 PM  
acta5534

Thanks Melissa.

Has anybody tried CLX using resistance bands only? Is there a big difference from using traditional weights?
acta5534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 01:30 PM  
Kesal

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by acta5534 View Post
Thanks Melissa.

Has anybody tried CLX using resistance bands only? Is there a big difference from using traditional weights?
I tried a few months ago. I only got through Burn Phase (the first month). I only have 3, 5, 8, & 10 lb dumbbells, so I primarily used bands. But there were a few moves that were just too awkward, and I used my dumbbells as best I could. There's a modifier using the band, and it wasn't too hard to set up the way she does. In Burn Phase lot of moves have you wrapping the band around your foot, which takes a bit of practice. I pulled the plug on my rotation after my first Push workout. I do not like using bands for triceps work (awkward) or squats (they just go slack when you squat... pointless) and that was half the workout.

I just didn't feel like I was getting the most out of the CLX by using the bands. But I suspect I might not have loved them even with traditional weights, because of the slow pace and because Chalene started to get on my nerves. Also, the workouts bothered my shoulders. I have one shoulder that's sort of messed up, so I can't blame CLX or the bands entirely, but I can do other weight workouts without aggravating it. I think that using the bands sometimes made me move at an angle that was a little off.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 04:31 PM  
PeakFitness

I used CLX and didn't get any results. Except the Lean phase left me feeling like I had arthritis in every single joint in my body, even between all the bones in my feet! It hurt to stand up, and it hurt to sit down... If you want to call that a result, I guess that was my only result.
Old 11-01-11, 05:21 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaAnnie View Post
Thanks Debbie! You switched the order around in push and lean but not in burn?
You're welcome!

The Burn phase was fine as is.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 06:33 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

I got nice definition in my legs and did not bulk at all. I have to reiterate that I never lifted more than 20 lbs. I also think you need to see the program through the Lean Phase. The Lean Phase really brought it all together for me. I have used bands for travel and for some exercises that bother my elbow. I have never tried the whole program using bands. It's easy to follow along since there is always someone using a band once you get the hang of it.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 07:19 PM  
gigi

CLX is a great program. I can't speak for or remember results but I know that I enjoyed the program greatly. I remember that I felt my clothes fit nicely and I looked "tighter" and I also remember my "thutt" area felt nicely worked but I can't say lost x amount of pounds or inches. Once you've completed the rotation, Debbie S. has a great CLX rotation that mixes up the phases.

Tags
chalean extreme, clx, clx results