Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-11, 11:31 PM  
christinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
This is true, but also the equipment requirements, duration of time for workouts & the sequencing of exercises factor into preferences. P90X is a solid program, but I didn't like all of the components.

This was some of the pros of Chalean Extreme over P90X for me:
-found the cardio workouts enjoyable/fun
-no need for pull-up bar (just resistance)
-3 different resistance workouts each month (something new to look forward to)
-liked that chest exercises did not just consist of push-up variations (think P90X could have been better w/ inclusion of weighted chest exercises)
-stretch workout was simple & short (not motivated to do yoga for 1.5 hours or find it necessary)

And to be fair, some cons for Chalean Extreme:
-Lifting at a super slow pace for most exercises was not always motivating (would have preferred some variance in the pace of lifts)
- music was canned, nothing memorable, P90X had way better music.
- some combination exercises were just awkward (delt raise w/ leg lift on all fours, or bicep curl & hamstring curl, chest fly w/ leg abduction= the inclusion of looped band & dumbbell exercises did not always mesh well together), and did not seem to have much benefit (better to split up exercise or sequence differently)
-lots of shoulder focus for upper body, almost to the point of excessiveness.

But overall, Chalean Extreme is one of Beachbody programs that I have really liked (including the deluxe workouts, they're not just filler/fluff type), and still use the workouts in my regimen (cardio especially, some of the resistance, too). The duration of time for workouts is what works for me, too.
Sounds great! Can't wait to try it!!

...Come to Me all ye who are weary & heavy-ladened and I will give you Rest...
Matthew 11:28 / KJV ~ "The Holy Bible"

°~°*~*°~° Tina °~°*~*°~°
christinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-11, 08:04 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinan View Post
Hi all,

It has been years since working out and I would like to get motivated to move again. I was reviewing Turbo Fire on you tube and online at BB. I was wondering where the best place would be to order from?

I am in Canada, and have had MANY problems in the past with BB. I have a zillion dvd's and BB was the only place I had nightmares from.

I would also like to know if Turbo Fire is really good?

And how is Chalene Extreme? That seems fun too - is it worth while to get?

TIA
There are some really detailed reviews of Chalene Extreme here on VF. I especially liked Blackadar's comments.

I order all my Beachbody stuff from Mary's Beachbody site (totalfitnessdvds.net). Fantastic customer service.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 12:46 PM  
christinan

Awesome information, thanks everyone! Turbo Fires are ordered and I have CLX on the way too!

°~°*~*°~° Tina °~°*~*°~°
Old 10-08-11, 12:55 PM  
cardiomama

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinan View Post
Awesome information, thanks everyone! Turbo Fires are ordered and I have CLX on the way too!
Yay, hope you enjoy your new workouts. There is a TF & CLX hybrid rotation included w/ the TF set, so you'll be able to use the programs in different ways, post-CLX or TF rotation (for more variety or challenge).
cardiomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-11, 12:56 PM  
christinan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
Yay, hope you enjoy your new workouts. There is a TF & CLX hybrid rotation included w/ the TF set, so you'll be able to use the programs in different ways, post-CLX or TF rotation (for more variety or challenge).
Oh super, thanks for the info!! I am excited to get excited about workouts again

°~°*~*°~° Tina °~°*~*°~°

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene johnson, clx, turbo fire, turbofire