Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-05-11, 05:12 AM  
jacmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I didn't like this program at all. I did it right after finishing STS and liked STS much more. Chalene drove me crazy. I thought some of the exercises were awkward with such heavy weight. I also didn't like that Chalene would walk around commenting on the others. The warmups are all the same and I got tired of them. I did finish the whole rotation and gave it away. Not for me but then again I dislike all things Chalene. I hate being screamed at. "Go heavy or go home". As far as results--nothing really. I certainly didn't lose any weight tho that was not a priority. If anything my clothes were tighter and I wasn't happy with that either. Much preferred Cathe's STS. I know I am in the minority here.
Phyllis-You are not alone. I didn't like CLX at all and loved STS.
jacmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 09:07 AM  
ladysaraii

I actually wasn't fond of CLX, but I did really like the Push Phase where it was just straight heavy lifting.

I really dislike all the combination upper body lower body moves.

I keep it around b/c maybe I'll give the whole program down the line and see if my opinion changes. and IMO its worth me holding on to for the Push phase when I need some shorter workouts

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 11:30 AM  
3ks

I did not like this program at all, either. I stuck with it for 3 weeks and injured my shoulder (like many others). I had to return it. To this day, just thinking about it gives me the hibby jeebies...

Kiddy
Old 08-05-11, 12:03 PM  
isebelleg44

I did a rotation in 2009 and got good results. It really firmed up my middle (my problem area), but I also added in other shorter workouts so I can't attribute my success entirely to CLX. I liked the program, but can't see myself doing a full rotation again. Actually its the only rotation I have ever finished. I did make it through 11 weeks of P90X. I might pull it out for a month one day. Too many workouts, too little time!
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 12:34 PM  
cin777

The system actually helped rehab my shoulder/arm after a ice skating accident
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 12:52 PM  
Eibhinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by cin777 View Post
The system actually helped rehab my shoulder/arm after a ice skating accident
That's very interesting. I'm glad you had a good experience. What about CLX do you think helped with the rehab? (I'm currently recovering from a shoulder injury)

After initially being interested in CLX I decided against it after there was a rash of people reporting injuries from using the program. I'm surprised to not see many mentions of that fact beyond 3ks, although I guess anyone who was injured by CLX probably now stays away from threads about it. Or maybe even stopped exercising and visiting VF.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 03:54 PM  
DEEDEE

CLX shoulder work is intensive, so when working the legs and shoulders together you do have to go as heavy as you can for the shoulders which will usually be very light for the legs hence the need to go very slow. I really needed the shoulder work so for me it worked out fine.

What I eventually did was once I learned the moves, I just did them on my own with my own music because Chalene was annoying and some of her outfits had that 'trying to hang on to years gone by' look which I didn't care for. "GO HEAVY OR GO HOME!" got old fast. Plus the class didn't stay together so it was hard to keep count and like others have said, that little counter on the screen is useless.
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 04:20 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

My only complaint was the rotation that came with this set. I revised the rotation in order to balance the workouts. Just changing the order helped a lot!

There is a lot of shoulder work in the CLX workouts, but not near as much as the Venus Index paper workouts that I did last year. This program is really shoulder intensive. The thought behind it is building your shoulders in order to help give you more of an hourglass figure.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 06:11 PM  
ladysaraii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
My only complaint was the rotation that came with this set. I revised the rotation in order to balance the workouts. Just changing the order helped a lot!

There is a lot of shoulder work in the CLX workouts, but not near as much as the Venus Index paper workouts that I did last year. This program is really shoulder intensive. The thought behind it is building your shoulders in order to help give you more of an hourglass figure.
Not to derail the thread but:

It's interesting you mention the Venus Index, b/c I'm getting ready to start that program this weekend.

I was going to do the 100 pushups challenge along with it, but with all the shoulder work that might be an injury waiting to happen

Did you enjoy the rotation or feel like you got good results?

July 08 Cathe Road Trip
ladysaraii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-11, 06:19 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladysaraii View Post
Not to derail the thread but:

It's interesting you mention the Venus Index, b/c I'm getting ready to start that program this weekend.

I was going to do the 100 pushups challenge along with it, but with all the shoulder work that might be an injury waiting to happen

Did you enjoy the rotation or feel like you got good results?
I had a like/hate relationship with the VI.

I would pass on the 100 push up challenge, at least until you get a feel on how hard the workouts will be. They are challenging. I think they are very effective workouts, but they are very repetitive, which I started to find really boring. It took a lot mentally for me to finish this rotation. I'm a true hourglass and I didn't really have anything to lose, but my I did get extremely close to the VI ideal. I believe my waist should have been around 25 1/2" and it was tad short of that goal.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx