Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-11, 10:08 AM  
bubbles76

CLX with Resistance Tubing

Has anyone actually tried this system with resistance tubing? I'm thinking of getting this one (yea, totally out the No Buy Challenge if I do) to work with my bodylastics.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 10:17 AM  
donnamp

I'd love to know, too! I love band workouts and I can borrow this set from a friend.

I have heard it is tough on the back though - and I have back issues.

Take care -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 01:11 PM  
lingo10

Sounds interesting! I shall try it. Usually I do with Dumbbells.... (though those bowflex adjustables look pretty sick that they use but its at a high cost)

FT25 Alpha, Beta, Gamma Grad 4/14
Insanity Grad 8/14
Insanity Max 30 Grad 3/15, 2x Grad 11/15
Current Programs/Workouts: Caroline Girvan's Iron Series & Other Mixed Workouts.
lingo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 01:19 PM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

I did it with beachbody bands and the selecttechs. I kind of liked the bands better and wish I would not have invested in the selecttechs. I think I got a better workout with the bands because of the resistance on the way up and on the way down.
sewoodson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-11, 02:36 PM  
bearcatfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewoodson View Post
I did it with beachbody bands and the selecttechs. I kind of liked the bands better and wish I would not have invested in the selecttechs. I think I got a better workout with the bands because of the resistance on the way up and on the way down.
What resistance did you use for the bands?
Old 08-01-11, 04:10 PM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
What resistance did you use for the bands?
I' guessing at the weights but I used the Magenta (20LBS) and Red (I think 30LBS) the most. I did use the Green band (I think 40LBS) for some squat and lunge exercises.
Old 08-02-11, 06:32 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewoodson View Post
Oh this sounds very promising Please enable me some more! I keep hearing the good and the bad about this, the bad being mostly that it's dangerous. Did you find this an issue at all, or do you think that it's just a matter or being really careful with weights (or in my case, bands)?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 08:21 AM  
sewoodson
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh this sounds very promising Please enable me some more! I keep hearing the good and the bad about this, the bad being mostly that it's dangerous. Did you find this an issue at all, or do you think that it's just a matter or being really careful with weights (or in my case, bands)?
I actually did have a band break on me while doing the workouts. I had an old green band that had dried out. Now I try to keep powder on them so they don't dry out. What if one of those Selecttech weights were to fall off. I have two rottweilers and a pitbull which many people say are dangerous. I think most things have the potential to be dangerous.

I'll just say that I did like working out with the bands. I really don't think I would have tried except someone else on the list said they were enjoying using the bands. I tried them and really liked them but I rotated them with the Selectechs because I had invested so much money in the Selectechs.

Just get one band and see if you like using it. I think you can pick a band up from Target or Walmart. Some are better then others I think the Beachbody bands are very good but some people really like the Bodylastics and they seem to be a better value than the Beachbody bands.

I say go for it but that is a decision that you'll need to make for yourself.
Old 08-02-11, 08:47 AM  
Kesal

You've inspired me to give CLX another shot. I'd gotten a terrific deal on the swap for the basic set, and I thought I could do them with bands... but on my first try, I snapped one of them. I complained to the manufacturer, and got a replacement, redesigned set. But even though they appear to be much sturdier, I was too unnerved to use them. I put CLX back on the shelf. Now, I think I'm going to give my bands a shot.

They're this set, similar in concept to Bodylastics. My one that snapped was a previous generation, with a different connection to the clip. You've given me the push I needed to put the redesign to the test.
Kesal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-11, 09:04 AM  
bearcatfan

This summer I've done almost all of my weight training with bands, and they have made those workouts fresh for me. There's not as much fussing around as I'd first feared, and it's definitely nice to not have to get out dumbbells.

Currently I am doing P90X and Turbo Fire with bands. I have CLX basic on the way, though, so I might start that with the bands.

Tags
chalean extreme, chalene, chalene johnson, clx, resistance tubing