Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-21-11, 05:27 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa C View Post
I am glad I did two rounds of CLX--I am currently using the FIRM again and thanks to CLX became strong enough to go all the way up to 15 pound dumbbells for lower body work and chest work, as well as 12 pounds for many bicep exercises (they still have to be slower rather than faster, but I'll take it!). So I DO give Chalene some credit for that.

The main things I didn't like about CLX were:

1. As some of you have pointed out, she'd start off a set and brag a bit about how heavy she was going on her weights, then do two or three reps, and say, "keep going" and walk around. Shades of that prissy gym teacher I had in high school who always wore shiny sweats and full makeup and couldn't be bothered to exercise along with us and be a role model!

2. this may be more of a personal preference--I really like working ALL my muscle groups on the three days a week I do strength training. I'm always freaking out that I'll somehow miss the 3rd day due to some unforeseen circumstance and just totally wreck the rotation or start walking funny or something
Those were problems for me, too, Melissa. Especially the second one. I do prefer total body workouts. Yes, I know doing splits allows you to really hit specific muscle groups harder, but sometimes LIFE gets in the way and I'm almost frantic about missing an of the splits

Edited to add, I did like the slower pace Chalene advocated and the heavy weights. I just can't seem to get restarted on these Oh and they're so nice and short and simple...don't need all kinds of equipment

Tags
beachbody, chalene, clx