Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-11, 08:03 PM  
Heather308

Everyone has been so helpful in this thread and I really appreciate it. Debbie S. I can't thank you enough for posting your rotation. I'm so excited to start the program and I'll try and remember to post how it's coming along for me from time-to-time. COME ON MAILMAN! lol!
Heather308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 08:28 PM  
cin777

Debbie S.- What are your weight ranges-what size dumb bells are you using? What is your highest? Or are you using the bands? TIA
cin777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 08:32 PM  
Kathleen Ann

I was over at Mary's site looking up CLX, and I found several CLX packages.

What do you do? Some where add on's, add on deluxe sets with extras, etc.

Confusing

So what workouts did everyone do?
Old 11-01-11, 10:12 PM  
acta5534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesal View Post
I tried a few months ago. I only got through Burn Phase (the first month). I only have 3, 5, 8, & 10 lb dumbbells, so I primarily used bands. But there were a few moves that were just too awkward, and I used my dumbbells as best I could. There's a modifier using the band, and it wasn't too hard to set up the way she does. In Burn Phase lot of moves have you wrapping the band around your foot, which takes a bit of practice. I pulled the plug on my rotation after my first Push workout. I do not like using bands for triceps work (awkward) or squats (they just go slack when you squat... pointless) and that was half the workout.

I just didn't feel like I was getting the most out of the CLX by using the bands. But I suspect I might not have loved them even with traditional weights, because of the slow pace and because Chalene started to get on my nerves. Also, the workouts bothered my shoulders. I have one shoulder that's sort of messed up, so I can't blame CLX or the bands entirely, but I can do other weight workouts without aggravating it. I think that using the bands sometimes made me move at an angle that was a little off.
I appreciate the feedback. What kind of bands did you use (light, medium, heavy)?
acta5534 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chalean extreme, clx, clx results