Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-28-20, 08:39 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi ladies, sorry for not checking in. I had a crummy weekend, but DH and I walked last night.

It's a new week!! And I'm ready to buckle down.

Happy Moan Day!!!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:03 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I wandered back to some "vintage" Jessica Smith - her 30 Minute Power Walk from 2013 showed up in my You Tube Feed so I went for it. It was a good workout - enough variety so you didn't feel like you were just marching in place all day and a good pace, too.

I also did Trifecta Pilates Leg & Core workout - this was 15 minutes long and included leg weights (ankle weights). I like when Beth mixes things up in her Pilates routines.

Yesterday I took a walk mid-day after a long meeting and after work I did Trifecta Pilates - Standing Yoga Pilates Class which was about 15 minutes long and was surprisingly challenging.

I think for October I will do a mix of Jessica's workouts and Trifecta Pilates. I paid for a year of Trifecta Pilates w/ a special in January and have hardly used it. I'm not going t renew - since I didn't use it much, but I'm going to try to make use of it now. I do like her workouts and I think mixing them up w/ some Jessica Smith will work well for me.

I also don't think I will renew Faithful Workouts - as much as I like Michelle, after awhile all the workouts start feeling the same to me and they never feel like enough of any one thing. I figure I own a good number of her DVDs and there is You Tube for when I feel like doing her workouts. Although, for the special price of $35 per year, it isn't a bad deal at all, so I do reserve the right to change my mind.

Jessica Valent I have for a year - and I'll think about it when it expires. I do like her variety, though and how she mixes traditional work w/ Pilates.

I will keep Ellen at $5.95/month - I do her stuff at least a few times a month.

But next year may be the year of the DVD - or You Tube - LOL!

Pat - I'm sorry you had a crummy weekend - that stinks.

Hope everyone has a good day - if it is doesn't rain today I think I will take another mid-day walk. I used to take a walk break at work when I worked in the office so as long as the weather is good, I may as well do that here, too.

Waves,

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 08:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Same old for me, walking yesterday. It's supposed to rain today so if I don't get my walk in I'll try and do a dvd that includes cardio with the weights, like maybe SS. Who knows?

DONNA, I've been thinking of doing some Jessica lately to get it all in, weights, cardio, fusion.

PAT, on to a new week! May it be a good one!

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-20, 09:31 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I did a Pilates routine on Glo last night, and added it to my playlist. The basics, no frills or wristy moves, 20 minutes, BAM.

Summer, are you in for rain today? We need it bad here, we're in a drought which is weird for CT.

Your workout plans for October sound good Donna. I'm thinking of trying Ellen's streaming service. She is stunning with that thick silvery gray hair!!

Rose, the Richard Simmons workout sounds so fun! I wonder how he's doing - I hope okay.

Make it a good day ladies!
Old 09-29-20, 07:21 PM  
Rose

Hello!

A walk outside today. Cooler air. That's about all.

Pat Hope you had a good start to your week. And may you get rain!

Summer Breeze Jessica is such a good all around with weights, stretching,cardio...she does it all. I like to follow her Mom, Debbie.

Donna How are Ellen's offerings? Does she have her DVDs to stream, also?

Tomorrow back to Margaret Streaming while I still have it.

Rose
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:03 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Just walking for me yesterday. I couldn't motivate myself to do anything else after that. I plan to walk today and hopefully some PBL or Jessica.

PAT, nice job with the pilates. They were calling for rain all day but it was hit or miss showers during the day. The heavy stuff came overnight.

ROSE, cooler air is always good. Looking forward to hearing about the next MR workout.

Hi DONNA!

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday for extra activity I did a short outdoor walk w/my DD and doggie and after work I did the Essentrics Live workout for yesterday. A nice feature of the Essentrics subscription is that they put out 2 live workouts a week - they are usually at noon on Tuesday and Thursday but they are available for 48 hours afterwards so you don't have to do it "live". It was a good workout -by an instructor I hadn't seen before and whose name escapes me.

Today, so far, I did:

Trifecta Pilates - Full Body Weights class - I enjoyed the variety in this routine - the pace was good - not painfully slow or too fast. It did seem to hit the whole body, too. It was 43 minutes, so that was all I had time for today, but I will add on a walk or something later today.

Pat - We were supposed to get rain yesterday, but it never materialized and today it is nice and sunny. Ellen does look great w/ her natural hair!

Gypsy Rose - Ellen's streaming content includes her Studio workouts - she does add new content every month - sometimes it is a short workout - 15 minutes and sometimes a longer one 45 minutes. Sometimes she has a guest instructor, too.

And, I agree about Jessica - I like her variety. I am sort of thinking for the new year (when I pare down my subscriptions) of going through her Walk Strong 1, 2 and 3 programs.

Waves, Summer Breeze!

Hope everyone has a good day

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 08:47 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I had a much better exercise day yesterday:

~ pre-walk PT
~ 50 butt bridges, including single leg
~ lunch walk
~ Good 'N Strong Vol. 1 workout 1 (upper body)
~ evening walk
~ got my 10,000 steps!

Our much needed rain turned out to be mostly wind where I live. Sigh!

I've got to run - have a lovely day.
Old 09-30-20, 05:45 PM  
Rose

Hello!

2 1/2 mile walk.
Margaret streaming- 1006 from 1993. Delts (hard), pushups, back (lotsa upright rows) then abs (I did glutes) and outer thighs.

She said this was the 10 year anniversary of BodyElectric. She was her 'goofy' self, making jokes about giraffes and 'what do dogs do all day' that sort of thing. That's not a problem for me. She got the job done. The music was all over the place, light jazz, Rod Steward 'Maggie May', it all worked. One thing I like is that the music isn't too loud. My main focus is on Margaret and the exercises with the music as a motivator.

One thing I've noticed is that Margaret has a diverse group of exercisers. So far, there's also been one man in most of the shows.

The variety of instructors you follow is impressive. Donna for the win with her variety. It's fun to read about the reviews. After this month, I will venture out from Margaret. Not yet!
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had a cruddy day at work but turned it around in the evening:

~ Jane Fonda's Personal Trainer Series - first half of Abs, Buns & Thighs
~ JFPTS - the stretch workout from Low Impact Aerobics & Stretch
~ Evening walk with DH
~ Got my 10,000, woo hoo!

The two Fonda workouts were really nice together. I loved the routine of Abs, Buns & Thighs but could have done without the flesh colored tights and thong leotards, that looks so cheesy now. I got a chuckle out of the hairdos on the other two ladies - so dated, the post-perm "OMG what were we thinking" short dos that look silly now.

Rose - yeah, Margaret can be goofy. I had one of her phrases as my signature for a while. While doing the butt tucks, she said "You grew it - now lift it."

Good morning Summer and Donna!

Tags
bobandbrad