Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-05-20, 01:40 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 4:
~SanFran Fitness 24 min Bounce with Weights
~ETV: Gail’s Express Core Workout
~9363 steps....My Fitbit is about to die, I’m in the city & I forgot my charger. Oh well, I’ll charge it up on Monday....

Spending some family time with DS1 & crew before our eldest granddaughter goes back to school next week. Not sure how that will go, time will tell I guess. Our cases are low here, but that can change so easily....

Helen - I hope your knee continues to improve. Have you had it looked at? WOW is pretty low key, similar to Leslie but no talking, great music, and lots of pretty outdoor settings.

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 05:13 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

Checking in

Holiday weekends! Love 'em ... an extra day. Means more time for exercise? Or something like that!!!

9/4/2020: Rowing (Dark Horse - youtube) Advanced 30 mins. (I kept up! felt pretty doggone good!) Power Zone Challenge 45 mins. workout with Matt (called for)! this one was tough. Over/unders. Over lactose threshold and under lactate threshold. Supposed to get us better and stronger. Followed up with 45 minute endurance Power Zone challenge workout with Matt. a cooldown ride with Denis (5 minutes to a grateful dead song) and then 2 post ride stretches.

I'm sure there will be more lather, rinse and repeats today.
Getting through week 3. Ramping up as we go. The next ride on the schedule has a lot of Zone 4 on it. Not sure if I'll save that one for Monday or Tuesday and do some of the endurance ones today (since tomorrow is Tabata Sunday and Sundays with Love with Nancy.) hmmmmmm......... decisions decisions. And lots of planning.

Waves to all!
Make it a great day.
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 05:01 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

9/4 - Pahla's Day 9 and BeFit's Cardio & Strength. The 2nd one was rebounding led by Fayth from Bellicon and I liked it.
9/5 - Pahla's Day 10, a 12 min. Natural Health Rebounder Cardio Strength, and finally a 30 min. Body Project Fat Burning High Intensity Low Impact Cardio.

I tried another of the Natural Health ones the other day, it's led by a female Dr. and she talks alot about your lymphatic system and how the rebounder helps it. But, it's one that has commercials in the middle, so I won't do any more of hers. I'm really liking the Body Project workouts, simple moves, but limited repetition and I like the 2 instructors.

My youngest was the one I had to constantly monitor with the school work, and it exhausted me! I cannot imagine parenting today. For one, I worked for the Postal Service, so I would still be going to an office, with no day care and online school. I am happy to help my daughter out and it gives me extra time with the grand kids! Mostly I sit and knit and act like a classroom monitor. Trying to keep young children engaged online is a special skill and I think these teachers should get paid accordingly!

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 07:53 PM  
Helen

Sat., 5th Aug
am 30min dog walk
pm Jillian - Shape Up - Front, with buddy
pm 30min dog walk

LILI
I've heard about the mini-tramp / lymphatic link as well!
School teachers are definitely not paid enough - the trouble is that most western countries don't value teachers - we don't have high status in society. A friend is a university lecturer and gets paid TWICE what I do, and NO TEACHING TRAINING is required at all to teach at university. Makes me steam!

Must go - time schedule. It's our Fathers' Day today (our Mother's Day is the same but this one isn't) and the girls are going to Skype in 10min, to have pancakes together, so I need to get them started!
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-20, 10:57 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Sept 5:
~Two walks for total of 12,049 steps....my Fitbit is still holding on at 18%
~WOW: 30 min walk, fun music including Love Shack
~Tone it Up: Rejuvenating Detox Flow Yoga - Their app is free for the month of Sept so thought I’d explore it. There is a good variety of workouts including yoga, kettlebells, & barre.

Helen - I think many very important professions, teachers included, are often under valued and under appreciated! Then we pay professional athletes a small fortune. Makes no sense!

Lili - I’ve put that Natural Health Cardio Strength on my rebounder youtube playlist. I look forward to trying it as really enjoyed yesterday’s rebounding/strength combo from SanFran.

Cleda - You’re killing that challenge, way to go!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Old 09-07-20, 03:10 AM  
Helen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
I think many very important professions, teachers included, are often under valued and under appreciated! Then we pay professional athletes a small fortune. Makes no sense!
Oh, I have said the same thing for years! This has really highlighted which jobs we NEED the most and wages/salaries should reflect that value to society.
Personally, I refer to professional athletes (team sports, tennis, etc.) as overpaid entertainers.

Sun., 6th Sep.
am 30min dog walk
pm 2hr walk with buddy, our dogs, & our DHs.

Drove 40min inland to an old town & walked along the river (all off-lead zone), then had coffee/cake with a very rural view. It was lovely.
Mon., 7th Sep.
60min dog walk
65min, Cathe - CTX - Kickbox Warmup + Upper Body Split with buddy

Father's Day multi-video call in our kitchens making pancakes went really well too- DH use the ipad and we have a great screen-shot with everyone in it.

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 09-07-20, 04:18 PM  
LiliMagill
VF Supporter

Pam - That was a great analogy about the inequity of pay, teachers vs. athletes. I admit that they have a gift and a limited time frame to use it, but it’s outrageous what they are paid, and in turn how much it costs to go to a live event!
Helen - I’m glad that Father’s Day went well!
Where’s Cleda and Kay?

9/6 - Peloton Meditation. We were traveling most of the day, so this was all I could manage. We did a last minute trip to the Finger Lakes in NY, rented a house, hoping it is safer as far as Covid contamination. It is right on Seneca Lake, which is awesome, but the place is adequate at best.
9/7 - It was really windy today, so we decided on a hike in the woods, 6.2 miles. Two waterfalls and a lovely trail. Most people on the trail kept their distance, but there were a few who got too close for my comfort. We have access to kayaks, so we are hoping to get out on the lake this week.

“Let us rather run the risk of wearing out than rusting out.” Teddy Roosevelt
LiliMagill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 04:25 AM  
Cleda
VF Supporter

I'm here! I'm here!!

Morning Everyone!

Lili: I'm here. Another case of "read & run". I thought I posted. OOOPS ... I must have not done so. (I checked!) Holiday weekend and all. So here I am to catch up. Thanks for calling me out. I know a few people in our area who have headed up to the Lake George, Seneca Lake area for trips and it seems to work out ok. Glad you were able to get away. And the hike sounds great (hiking must be in the air!!! - see below)

Oh yeah - and as far as the lymphatic system and rebounding? I definitely have heard about that (many titles for Bellicon include it in the name) and I think I might believe it. I do believe if I need to get things moving along, all I need to do is one of the lymphatic cleanse workouts and BAM! So ... maybe there is something to it.

Helen:
What a neat way to do Father's Day. And I think "Overpaid Entertainers" is appropriate. We don't go to sporting events. Entirely too much money. The world is topsy turvy on it's priorities at times.

Pam: Free month? That's how they get ya! Enjoy it for the month.

Waves to Kay and all who might be reading!!

On to my favorite subject. Me, me and all me:

9/5/2020: Rowing 20 minutes, Pink Run (treadmill 30 minutes) Andy Speer , (enjoyed this! Very motivational chatter throughout and I like Pink's music. Probably don't enjoy it as much as CDE's PINK ride, but it was a good treadmill run). 45 minutes Denis Morton Power Zone called for ride, 5 minute cool down, Post ride stretch, Tunde's Upper Body Strength (10 mins). This was ok. Not ideal for me. I'm leaning more towards Adrian's any more. I like his style. I'm not so much a fan of the light weights many reps (in 10 minutes). Yes! It seems to really work it for the 10 minutes, but the "afterburn" just doesn't seem to be there. But, who knows? Maybe a happy mix is what will keep the muscles confused?

9/6/2020: PZ called for 60 minute ride (warm up?) going into 15 mins. of Tabata with Ally Love (and Nancy) followed by Sundays with Love (30 mins.) Virtue: Determination (how appropriate?) followed with a 30 minute PZ ride with Olivia, Sam Yo Cool Down, Post Ride Stretch and then Adrian's Shoulders and Arms (loved it!) 10 mins.

9/7/2020: Rowing 25 minutes, Power Zone 30 minute Denis Ride (for Extra Credit ~ new one, PERFECT and easy peasy!! good music, nice recovery ride. LOVED IT.). Then my son and I went for a wonderful 5.5 mile hike. It's been 3 years since we've been hiking and boy did I enjoy it !!!!

I still haven't done that silly Power Zone Ride that is mostly zone 4. I may do it this morning (or not) Once it's done? Then week 3 is in the rearview and tomorrow the schedule for week 4 comes out. I am a little tired this morning (cross training at it's best) but not sore. This is wonderful. I am in great shape. (I'm declaring it!)

That's it for now.
5 of my 18 rows for the month are done and we're moving right along.
I enjoyed the holiday weekend (and dreading going back to work today!)

Make it a great day!
Cleda
Cleda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-20, 09:13 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

It’s been a fun but busy few days with family. We’ve had beautiful sunny weather all week.

Sept 6:
~Jessica’s Core Control
~Beach time with the kids
~An hour of yin on my own....hip & chest openers, forward bends
~Missed by step goal by a lot but it was a fun day!

Sept 7:
~SanFran Fitness: Bounce Circuit with Weights
~Neighbourhood walk - 9400 steps total...close but not quite....
~another luxurious hour of yin

Waves to all!

Hatha YTT - 2011

Jim Rohn

Old 09-09-20, 01:52 AM  
Helen

Drive by
Mon., 7th Sep.
9min, Cathe - CTX - Kickbox - Warmup, with buddy
60min, Cathe - CTX - Upper Body Split, with buddy
Tue., 8th Sep
nothing - extra late stay-at-work night. Do it once per term, so we finish 2 days earlier prior to Christmas, but leaves everyone drained

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.