Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-31-20, 09:56 AM  
Diana3271

Thumbs up September 2020 ~ Walk On & On ~ New Check-In Buddies Are Always Welcome!

What started as a Leslie walk challenge has morphed into a wide variety of workouts and lots of support and encouragement! Join us, if you're looking for a friendly check-in, that's not limited to one type of exercise!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 06:57 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-01-20, 11:04 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thanks for starting our new month! It seems that I blinked and missed August. I had a good walk yesterday morning. Wore a knit hat to keep my ears warm.

Today I'm getting a haircut for the first time since March!

Back later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 01:47 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Basic Strength 3. Cancelled Lauren's playground since it was overpriced and the new monthly content was not useful for me during the time I had it. This month was all TRX workouts (which I don't have). Last month was just snatch technique, which isn't interesting to me. I am having my test tomorrow so keep me in thought. The doctor doesn't think I have enough symptoms to be likely, but is giving me the test just in case.

Cynthia, you are going to enjoy the haircut! I've had one since March and would enjoy another, but my hairdresser was too lax to go back.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 02:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, will be sending you good thoughts. Are results available right away or does it take a while?

Yes, my 5 months' shaggy former pixie has become a layered short bob. Feeling soignee (how do you get accent marks around here? Imagine one on the first e). The small shop has a no mask, no entry policy. There were only 2 stylists instead of 4, everybody was 6 feet distant and masked. I was pleased that my stylist still works there & gave her a tip that covered my absent months. To my chagrin, they have stopped taking credit cards. She said I could come back later. It's DD's day off and she's sleeping late. She has my ATM card for grocery use, so I have to wait until she's up so I can go get some haircut cash.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 02:16 PM  
lynnf

They have the 15 minute test, so I shouldn't have to wait too long. Not super accurate, but hopefully no false positives!
Old 09-01-20, 05:32 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather Robertson's Upper Body Strength. No walk because I had a dentist appt. Maybe I'll take one later.

Lynn, thinking of you with your test!

Cynthia, glad you were finally able to get a walk and a haircut. It seems a lot of vendors are doing touchless card charging or cash only.

Diana, thanks for starting the month off for us. I hope you are having a good week!

Cheryl
Old 09-01-20, 08:17 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thursday is our last day working at the Christian camp. The Director and Principal asked for us to continue what we've been doing for the regular school year. We have had a single class twice a week. Starting next week we will have two classes on Tuesdays back to back. This will be even more convenient and give me an extra free day.

No workout to report, I had the children's camp today and then our Ladies Heart 2 Heart church meeting.

Tomorrow DH has an appointment with the neurologist. It seems like we have been waiting forever for this appointment.

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 09-02-20, 08:27 AM  
lynnf

Yoga class 8. I seem to have settled my yoga issues. I am enjoying the youtube yoga lady and learning a lot and she has another set of classes after this one. And now my Sunday yin class is on Zoom, and it's actually quite nice to take. It turns out I didn't fully understand what DH set up for me. I thought it was just the test, but it's a doctor's visit. So he may not decide to do the test after we talk about the situation, since the tests are in short supply. I'll let you know because it depends on how he assesses the cause of my issue. But thanks for your support. On the sad side our University is having many sick students. The number is multiplying quickly. Not yet anyone in my class, but quite a number in DH's class.

Cynthia, it's nice to have a nice haircut. DH cut DS's hair yesterday. He made one mistake, but otherwise did a good job. Luckily the mistake is in the back and DS doesn't know. We're not telling him. It should grow out soon.
Old 09-02-20, 09:26 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day, stay safe and healthy!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana