Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-20, 08:23 PM  
Mickey12

I tackled another virgin workout tonight and did a practice from Annie Carpenter, Smart Flow Yoga. It was a twists and backbends focused practice, not my favorite. This series has no music and seems to be lacking in some way to me. I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. It felt good to get stretched out though.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 12:12 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: I've done several of Annie's Smart Flow Yoga practices on Udaya. I love her stuff!!!
I also subscribe to Power Yoga and adore Bryan's stuff!!
Haven't done any Amy Bento workouts for a while. She used to be one of my favs.

Linda: Don't be afraid of STS. It's totally dependent on what you want to lift. You figure out your one rep max of any exercise and then take a % of that to use. I love it!
I have Xtrain and am just working my way to that one. SOO many Cathe workouts!

Jules: So glad you are finding good Yoga practices. Definitely a lot of them out there.

So this week is my off week from STS before starting Meso 3. I decided to work through some metabolic workouts.
Monday was Tony Horton's One on One Volume 3, Disc 12: Total Body X. Its only about 40 minutes and really pretty easy so I went through everything twice. The only thing I couldn't do is the Pullup Levers.
Yoga was Udaya and Rudy and Hip Enough. Shorter but nice on the legs and hips.

Tuesday was Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Sweat and Burn + Peak 10 Fit Body Challenge Cardio Core Crusher. Yes I did them both back to back, actually starting with Core Crusher first. GREAT workouts! Mostly all cardio except for the Core moves in Core Crusher. I was drenched but energized all day.
Yoga was from Power Yoga and Rudy Times 3. Yes Rudy Mettia is on Power Yoga site too.

Today I did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio Body + Glute Challenge. Holy cow! So many reps that I had to stay fairly light. I started with 15s but also used 10s for some of the shoulder work. The Glute Challenge bonus was just 12 minutes of unweighted leg work that was wicked good. I love Bob even if her hurts me. The lighter weights are humbling.

No Yoga yet but probably more Rudy.

Have a great week!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 04:53 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim ok that doesn't sound like H&C are long workouts to me. Maybe I'll move it up in my someday pile. Thanks for the encouragement

Jules I'm a big fan of yoga blocks. I feel I am able to focus more on breathing and what I'm doing by eliminating any chance of straining.

Kate I'm tired just reading your week off..sheesh! I think it's the length of commitment to STS as well that I shy away from. I really only like rotations that last about 3 or 4 weeks. I'm ready to move on after that, lol. And yes, so many workouts..and only one body!

Today was an oldie but a goodie Taebo Total Advanced 3. Will do pilates later.

High five Fitchicks!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-20, 06:33 PM  
Mickey12

Linda I remember when Tae Bo first came out and how different it was. I loved it! I collected a bunch of Billy’s early sets and did them a lot, but I haven’t done any in a really long time. I even paid someone to have his live workouts (the ones with the red carpet) converted from VHS to DVD because I loved them so much. You know what, I don’t think I ever did any from the DVDs I paid for.

Tonight I did another virgin workout. Physique 57, total body 30 minute workout. I really don’t like barre workouts but I bought a bunch of the P57 workouts in a fit of FOMO a while back. I have two more to get through. After that I did another virgin, Jane Adams Yoga for Beginners, 25 minute standing poses practice. These are very basic, beginner workouts and are really just some easy movement and stretches. The scenery is gorgeous as it was filmed at Glacier National Park in Montana.

The moon tonight is huge and beautiful. I hear we will get two full moons in October this year. Cool beans!

Kim
Old 09-30-20, 08:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kim that's funny that you did all that and then never did them. The ones I have been doing lately are VHS ..I'm a dinosaur
I love pilates and I love watching ballets. I have tried to like barre...I think people look beautiful doing it. It ain't purdy when I lift weights, ya know?
But anyway, I start a barre workout and ughhh I just can't, haha. I have tried physique 57 as well. I have tried and given away nearly every barre workout I acquired except for a few that use a mini ball. I do like using a mini ball in pilates. I haven't tried those yet but I keep them because I guess I keep hoping there is some version of a barre workout that I will like. I'm a vidiot after all.

Today I added CS #619 5 min warmup to S90 Total body. Then followed it up with CS Aging Backwards Zero impact cardio the last 32 min which is mostly leg toning and stretching. S90 is a great set for me. I have been enjoying it!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 10-01-20 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Added today :-)
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 06:32 PM  
Jules

Happy Thursday! My daughter's marching band is giving a 2 hour performance tonight on the football field. I will have to bring hand-warmers as it gets chilly early at night now. I wish I had one of those awesome chairs that fit on the bleachers that all the veteran fans bring. I might have to buy myself one for Treat-Yo-Self day on October 13. (Thanks Parks & Rec!)

Inspired by Kim, I decided to try out a virgin workout today - Yoga Evolution by Travis Eliot. I got this one when I ordered his Yin book a couple of years ago, put it on the shelf and forgot about it until now. I'm happy to say it is a gem of a practice! It is from 2009 and features Travis (with a full beard ) in India. The scenery is interesting and I enjoyed the music and the sounds of the ocean at the end. I also found it on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W64L...&index=88&t=0s

Yesterday was a long day and I opted for the Upper Body practice from Flexibility & Beyond when I got home from work.

Kate:Your "Active Rest" week sounds more intense than STS! I get it tho - it sure can be fun to switch things up and get your endorphins going from some awesome metabolic exercise!

Kim: Sorry the Smart Flow yoga practice was just ok. Music is such an integral part of practicing yoga for me. It really helps me get into the zone. I would definitely feel like an essential element was missing without it. I will have to look for that Jane Adams practice. I live not too far from Glacier Park and I used to work in a restaurant there in my younger years! Lots of amazing hikes and scenery. Unfortunately, the park has become so overcrowded these days that I don't visit too often anymore. I have many wonderful memories - my husband and I even got married there next to Avalanche Gorge!

Linda & Kim: LOL on the VHS Tae Bo! I recorded a bunch of his workouts onto VHS from cable tv back in the late 90's. Now I can't remember if they were the Lives? I wonder if they are still in my basement somewhere?

Linda: I wish could get into barre as so many VFers do it with excellent results. It just feels really difficult and tedious to me... you are not alone!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-20, 06:45 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Linda: You know, STS is one of the few "as written" rotations that I've done. I have P90x and have never done a proper rotation. I usually just like to do my own thing. The STS, you could just use one Meso at a time depending on what you're looking for - lighter to heavier lifting.

Kim: I used to be a huge Tae Bo fan. I used to have all 1-12 of the Tae Bo Advanced Lives on VHS. I sold them but luckily have a few that I copied onto DVD. Haven't done any in YEARS! But Billy was always so fun!

Jules: My "rest" week is just from STS. I figured more metabolic workouts this week would shake things up a little. Cathe doesn't say anything about taking it easier...if she did I blocked it out. LOL. Getting chilly here too!

Today I did Amy Dixon & Paul Katami's Double Down. Fun stuff!! A little shorter workout at 50 minutes, but this time I did not add on anything else. I love the 2 minute rounds of cardio and weights. Amy and Paul are great together. Now I want Paul's 4x4 set! Again...silly me, I had it years ago, didn't seem to like it but I only did 3 of the workouts.
Today's Yoga was from Gaia and Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark. The Yin felt great!! I really needed that.

Hugs!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 10-02-20, 08:03 AM  
Mickey12

Linda I still have a combo vhs/dvd player so I also do vhs workouts occasionally. I am definitely a dinosaur too! I remember when Supreme90 came out and the fact it was only $10, crazy ridiculous price for all the content. I did the workouts once but I don’t think I ever did them again. I think they’re well done. Did you get them when they were originally released?

Jules Thanks for posting the link to the Travis practice. I love all things Travis! How amazing that you were married at Glacier National Park. I have never traveled anywhere except the eastern part of the country (Except we took an amazing trip to Alaska last year) and am pretty unfamiliar with a lot of it but Montana must be a gorgeous state. It’s too bad the park has become so crowded. I have heard that about some of the really famous national parks.

Kate Those Michelle Dozois workouts you posted about last week and the Amy Dixon one are great! Tons of jumpy fun!

Have a great weekend friends.

Kim
Old 10-02-20, 11:49 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

TGIF!!

Jules: Thank you so much for that link. I think I found my Yoga for the day! I love Travis!
Montana is HEAVEN! Best U.S. trip I ever made!

Kim: This was a really fun workout week.

Finished off the week with Paul Katami's Kettlebell Krush Full Body Drills + Ab Lab.
I had not done either one of these for over 3 years so was nice to revisit. One good thing is they both seemed new..I didn't really remember any of it.
Kbell Krush was just enough to end the week without being killer.

Ab Lab I LOVE!! Standing abs to plank work to floor work. Perfect to add on after Kbell Krush since that one is only about 40 minutes. Great together.
No Yoga yet.

Next week, back to STS and starting Meso 3. We'll be at 80% of one rep max with approximately 8 reps each set (according to my notes). So time to (clap) Pump It Up!

Have a wonderful weekend. Hope everyone stays well! HUGS!

Old 10-04-20, 08:26 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I did that Travis practice from India that you linked from YouTube. I haven't done a Travis practice in a while and I found it challenging, particularly with the crescent and warrior poses. I opted to do some static yoga stretches during the warrior dance section. I loved the scenery and the fact that it changed during the sections of the workout. I normally don't watch the screen much during yoga as I tend to close my eyes, but I think I saw a cow walk past Travis during the middle portion. I especially loved the ending sequence scenery on the beach with the sunset. OMG, that was a seriously magnificent sunset! And, I almost fell asleep during savasana. Thank you again for posting it.

Kim