Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 09-27-20, 07:06 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - Life Always Offers a 2nd Chance. It's Called Tomorrow. September 27.

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 07:14 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Welcome back, Paula. I'm sorry ants were there to welcome you back as well. I hope you can both catch up and relax today.

Yesterday was a really nice day and Dad enjoyed his celebration. I think these days just getting out of your house and doing something out of the ordinary, like ordering from a restaurant you haven't eaten at since before the pandemic, seems special.

Today, I want to get back on track with exercise and eating and catch up on stuff around the house like changing the sheets on the bed. The has FINALLY come out. I think we last saw it on Wednesday.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-27-20, 08:21 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura! I'd probably forget to start a new thread this morning even though I know it's Sunday...

Planning on doing some yard duty and walking Gus. Yesterday I flipped my mattress for fall and washed all the bed laundry - lots of work! I did end up taking some naproxen as the hip was a bit sore after moving the mattress. I'm fine this morning.

I just finished a 23andme survey on aging that asked about my activities - doubt that survey knew about Covid-19 restrictions on getting together with people or going out as life is now a lot quieter than what it would normally be - aging wasn't why it wasn't happening. The survey didn't ask about my surgery either so my activities were down while I recovered from that, but couldn't express that in the survey!

Laura, Happy BD to your dad! And lobster pizza ! I've not seen that offered here in the midwest! When my friends were here, we'd order several take out meals - she was a much innovator meal orderer than I was! Nothing at the restaurants though - just pickup.

Welcome back, Paula! Oy on the ants! Hope you find where they are coming from! Glad your nephew is home and hope the surgery helped his seizures.

Waves to all (from >6 feet apart)!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-20, 08:41 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Sculpting Day 27 followed by Rodney Yee's Yoga for Your Week - Flexibility.

My nephew continues to struggle. I haven't heard much today other than he doesn't want to eat, drink, or speak. I'm hoping old fashioned sleep is healing.

As for ants they are ever present - our home is built on what used to be a bean field. I guess the whole area is a giant ant hill underground. I keep the kitchen uber clean otherwise we wake up to an ant invasion. So there wasn't any food or fruit out for them to get into, DH said they were just scouts but there were too many to be scouting. Not sure why they were all over the kitchen counter top but it was annoying to get home and have to clean the kitchen before we could unpack and do laundry.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. Happy Birthday to your Dad, the family birthday party sounds like fun. Glad the sun has come out. I gained some weight while we were gone so needed to get back on track with diet and exercise today too.

Anita, you must be feeling really perky to be flipping your mattress - I can't do it without help. I'm glad you're making good progress. We eat out, but are sticking to drive through or patio seating, we try to go at times when there will be few other customers. My county has just graduated to tier 3 so more things are opening up every day. The local movie theatre now has a big sign that it is open. I am sure it is with greatly reduced capacity but still, I am happy about that but will wait a while longer before venturing to a movie.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-20, 08:18 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and working on the yard - more trimming of perennials that are sleeping for the season and taking them to the compost pile. Otherwise more putzing. There's a professional meeting online that I thought I signed up for, but haven't seen any confirmation or sign-in info sent to me. I'm actually fine passing this as I kind of miss seeing other members socially rather than sitting and listening to lectures.

Paula, I assume this is a nephew in NC? I hope he recovers well! As far as ant control, there's one's that the ants take back to their colony and kills the colony, like Combat. That should limit what gets going in your house. I get some colonies reawakening every spring in my bathroom... I'm definitely getting weaker when dealing with the mattress flipping - no longer physically trained to lift heavy weights like in my kettlebell days. Are you sure you didn't hear my swearing about it in CA? I'm wondering if we'll have to tighten Covid restrictions - we're still a little under the 5% infection rate (4.85%) but may cross that any day... The cold weather is coming in also, so patio seating for meals is going to be shutting down likely this week.

Anita
Old 09-28-20, 05:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We discovered that we have a mouse. Ugh. DH noticed one end of the table crackers he took out was chewed off. Not much else was bothered. We laughed that it chose gluten-free table crackers. Not the tastiest choice... We're working on figuring out how to catch it/them.

I felt like I got back into the swing of things today. I did a band strength workout this morning and went on a walk this afternoon when I took DH for a medical appointment. On the way home from that appointment, we picked up meals from Red, Hot & Blue, a barbeque joint.

Anita - Yeah, we enjoy picking up food from restaurants. There was a report on the news here recently that talked about the high percentage of recent COVID diagnoses that came after the person went out to eat in a restaurant (not pick up). It's going to be a long while probably before we got out to eat again in a restaurant.

Paula - I hope you can get back into your rhythm and lose what you gained. It's easy to fall into a more relaxed rhythm and gain some.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-28-20, 08:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Jessica Smitt HIIT Interval 1 followed by a little Yoga with Adriene (I got called away by DH to help him fight the latest ant invasion). What annoys me about this latest round of ant war is we just cleaned all the cupboards in the kitchen and there's nothing for them to get into plus there shouldn't be anything for them to smell or draw them in. Makes me feel as though all that work was for nothing - darn, you just can't reason with an insect.

Anita, you're doing very well even if it sometimes takes the assistance of four letter words. I don't want to put poison out in my kitchen, but if this keeps up I may resort to that. This nephew lives in West Virginia. He's doing a little better today - eating, drinking, and generally more perky.

Laura, Ugh on the mouse. Traps are the easiest. We had tree rats one year. The Association hired a company to trim the big pines accross the street. Turned out those trees were home to numerous tree rats that ran accross the street and took up residence in the combined attic space for our complex. We (the residents of my street) had to have Vector Control come out and put out traps, deterent spray (coyotte urine) and poison stations etc. Each home owner had to put traps in their attic space. It took a while but we got rid of them. Luckily they never got into our living space but when we were lying in bed at night we could hear them running around in the attic, then a big Whop sound when the trap was sprung. It wasn't pleasant.
Old 09-29-20, 07:47 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and putzing in the garden again today. I'm just slowly starting to cut down plants and taking them to the compost pile - today might just fill the containers for tomorrow's compost drop-off. I did vote using an absentee ballot, so hope to ignore all the political ads the next month...

Laura, good luck hunting the mouse! My friend was gluten free and had some really good crackers - did you want me to ask what those were for your house? I've not done much food pickup from restaurants - my friends wanted to do that more often to experience some of the cuisines here. Right now i'm doing grilled hamburger and BLTs for my cooking lunch and dinner - not bad!

Paula, Hope your nephew continues to improve! I've never heard of tree rats! I don't know if I have some animals make it in my attic come fall - I always predict the vents up there could provide enough space for them to sneak in. I just don't go up there to look for bodies...

Anita
Old 09-29-20, 12:40 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It is going to be a busy day. I had an in-person training session this morning. This afternoon, I have errands to run - chiropractor, pick up/return library books, get gas - and this evening I have an online training session.

Anita - Actually, his crackers are pretty good. I just have an ingrained bias against gluten-free products made with GF flours. What can I say? I'm a food snob. BLTs sound pretty good!

Paula - Ugh. Hearing them would be the worst. I hope the ant invasions stop. That's frustrating to do what you did and then they still invaded.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 09-29-20, 08:06 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Day 25 Moderate Strength followed by Yoga with Kassandra Morning Yoga. Enjoyed both. The Pahla B Body Sculpting series had 28 days total so I'm going back and doing the ones I missed while in Catalina.

No news on my nephew today. I am assuming no news is good news.

We went to the boat today to do some clean up chores we put off when we got home on Saturday. We have this specialized sleeping bag that is cut to fit a boat forepeak, meaning it is not rectangular it's narrow at the foot and wide at the shoulders. It has a sheet insert that has velcro strips sewn in to hold it in place. Probably TMI but took the sheet home to wash and putting it back inside the bag is always a bit of a challenge, takes both of us and more space to spread out than we easily have on the boat.

Anita, It was about 98F here today. I love hearing about how you're doing Fall things to get ready for winter while we're still melting here. It's supposed to be even hotter tomorrow. I didn't know there was a difference between tree rats and other rats either until this happened and Vector Control told us more about rats than we wanted to know. Actually tree rats are cleaner and less likely to be carrying disease. I am not sure if that's true or whether that's something they told us so we wouldn't wig out.

Laura, is it my imagination or are you getting more and more personal training sessions? I have a friend who is GF and I was surprised how many things I like are GF without my realizing it. I guess anything made with a flour other than wheat flour is GF - is that correct?