Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-07-14, 12:53 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I sent an email to Classical Stretch again...

Hi all,

I asked specifically about the supposed yoga workout that I have heard nothing about, and Season 11. This was the response:

Thank you so much for your email. Oh we are so happy you are happy!!!

As you know Essentrics is a special technique in itself so we will not be incorporating any yoga movements to it…and I'm sure there will be many more new DVDs in the future (no details yet on Season 11 at this point but keep your eyes on our websites for any future information).

Happy stretching!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 12:57 PM  
pharma_gal

So probably no more new DVD's this year?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 12:57 PM  
Fit Gal

Thanks for the info!
Fit Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 01:00 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

I hadn't heard about a CS yoga workout, but I haven't been in the boards lately. That would have surprised me since Miranda has mentioned that she has never taken a yoga or pilates class. She based her method on Tai Chi and she only knows about other methods from what her instructors have told her in workshops.

Although, I do know that some of her certified Essentrics instructors are also certified and teach yoga, pilates, belly dance, etc. and there have been no issues with this.
Old 07-07-14, 01:03 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I asked a follow up question about the rumor of a CS for yoga dvd and they responded that they were unaware of any dvd like that.

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
Old 07-07-14, 01:17 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
I asked a follow up question about the rumor of a CS for yoga dvd and they responded that they were unaware of any dvd like that.
Thanks for checking for us, Jackie! Sounds like there won't be any new releases before November sale and I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay $10 for shipping 2 DVDs if I decide to buy during November sale.
Old 07-07-14, 01:33 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am doubting that there will be any further new releases this year. I hope they shoot some new dvds this fall. That would be cool.

Old 07-07-14, 06:58 PM  
Demeris

Thank you for asking. I really prefer CS to yoga, for 50Xinfinty reasons, and I was having trouble wrapping my head around the idea of a CS/yoga fusion.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 08:09 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Thanks for checking, Jackie, but - huh. The email sounded like they weren't planning to add yoga moves to CS, and I get that, but Miranda told me they were shooting (or had shot but I guess not) a CS for yoga enthusiasts, i.e. the right kind of movements that would benefit yoga moves.

Your email didn't come from Miranda, did it? Cause I'm confused...
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-14, 08:28 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Thanks for checking, Jackie, but - huh. The email sounded like they weren't planning to add yoga moves to CS, and I get that, but Miranda told me they were shooting (or had shot but I guess not) a CS for yoga enthusiasts, i.e. the right kind of movements that would benefit yoga moves.

Your email didn't come from Miranda, did it? Cause I'm confused...
The response was from Jennifer Dussault, not Miranda. My 2nd email I specifically asked her if any other workouts had been filmed such as a "CS for Yoga" and she responded that she "was unaware of any such projects". So I don't know!

It would be neat if there were some unknown workouts out there, ready to be released and purchased by me !