Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-20-14, 04:39 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Smile Virtual Active Hikes: It's deja vu all over again!

I picked some of these up on sale a while back. I had no idea if I would like them or not. I got the Lake Tahoe and the three Southwestern America hikes. I use them while on my elliptical.

Well, they are really nice. The guide (whom you choose to not have) is not annoying. The music is OK and you can turn it off and use your own. I put them on my iPad.

I've been on some of these hikes. And some of them I've heard about and probably the ONLY way I'll do them is virtually.

My favorite hike is the one to Delicate Arch in Arches National Park. We did that last Fall and It Was Amazing.

What are your favorite Virtual Actives? I like nature ones, not city ones.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 04:47 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

That's funny... I like the city ones more than the nature ones I have most of the runs instead of the hikes, but the ones I enjoy the most are Northern Italy and Germany (maybe since these are places I've been in real life) and the Sydney one, because that's number one on places to visit that I haven't yet been to!

I really like this whole series though, and am always looking forward to whatever they have in the pipeline.
Old 07-20-14, 05:01 PM  
sherry7899

They posted pictures on Facebook of Killarney so I hope we are finally getting a bike ride or hike from Ireland.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 05:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
They posted pictures on Facebook of Killarney so I hope we are finally getting a bike ride or hike from Ireland.
Some beautiful pictures posted today!

I read a few days ago that the South and Central America Hikes, Bikes, and Runs will be available soon.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 05:33 PM  
DeepSeaSue

I love them all! If I have to single a few out, my faves are California Central Coast, Northern Italy, New Zealand, Sydney and American Southwest 2.
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 05:38 PM  
suegy3

You should try the Bit Gym app. That why you can try them and see which ones that you like. You get three free sessions per month or if you pay $7.99 for unlimited. They don't have music or the coach but it speeds up and slows down depending on how quickly you are going.
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 08:13 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

My favorites are the Northern Italy, Germany, and Swiss Alps but I also like Sydney and Chicago, too!

Heck, you can't go wrong with any of these, as every one of them is great. I have the Southwest ones, and didn't think I'd like them so well (since I lived in AZ for so many years) but I enjoy seeing the desert from time to time.

I have nice blend of run and hike ones, so it just depends on what I'm in the mood for. Whether hiking in the mountains or forests or running in the city, I can do that.

My newest are probably the British Columbia & Vancouver ones, which are a nice change of pace. I thought they'd be too rainy and gray skies, but not at all. Love the suspension bridges, greenery, and water.

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 08:42 PM  
ddj
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
That's funny... I like the city ones more than the nature ones
So do I. There's more variety and I like watching the people.
ddj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 08:10 AM  
pharma_gal

I have a spin bike. Im wondering if the hikes and runs would work on the bike? I want to get the Sydney run. Thanks!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 08:35 AM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
I have a spin bike. Im wondering if the hikes and runs would work on the bike? I want to get the Sydney run. Thanks!
I actually prefer the runs to the bike dvds on my spin bike, but the hikes are a little too slow for spinning.
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual active