Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-16, 03:24 PM  
Aurora C.

Which Jari Love's?

I have a few Jari Love's from about 10 years ago. For whatever reason I could never really get into these...maybe between the dark, dismal background, her sedate demeanor and the length of them I guess I just found them uninspiring. I'm now going through my collection to decide what stays and what can go. Since my body responds well to high rep/low weight work for cardio burn and muscle definition I thought it might be worth asking those more familiar with Jari which ones are either more fun or more succinct, preferably both. Something tells me I may wind up buying some new DVDs by asking this, but I'm asking anyway. Which Jari's are short yet effective and fun? Thanks!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 05:40 PM  
Fitstick

My favorite of hers is still her original. The others are either way too long and tedious or on that dark set you are referring to. I like the simplicity of her first DVD and the fact that there is no dread.
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 06:07 PM  
DrSteph

I really like the "Weights and Abs" workout, which is on both her Body Rock and Lean Machine dvds. The workout clocks in around 35 minutes or so, as I recall, and hits every muscle group (although the triceps are skimped on a bit).

The set is still on the dark side, and crowded with a lot of background exercisers, but I like this one a lot -- I think it is the closest to her Original Ripped workout.

Steph
DrSteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 06:11 PM  
alisoncooks

You might like her newest release: Get Ripped in 6 Minutes. It looks bright & cheery compared to some of her older sets. It also has shorter premix options.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 06:44 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
My favorite of hers is still her original. The others are either way too long and tedious or on that dark set you are referring to. I like the simplicity of her first DVD and the fact that there is no dread.
This is true for me too. The first is the only one I ever really used.

On the other hand, her newest seems tempting, despite the price.
Old 08-22-16, 07:23 PM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
You might like her newest release: Get Ripped in 6 Minutes. It looks bright & cheery compared to some of her older sets. It also has shorter premix options.

At one time or another I owned most of Jaris and ended up trading them. I got her new one and really like it. It is bright. They are a half hour and I feel like I got a good workout. Haven't tried the 60 min as the shorter ones are enough for me. My heart rate stays up and the workout goes fast.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-16, 08:15 PM  
Aurora C.

After I posted I went on Amazon and found at least 3 of her newer ones have 30 minute routines! My initial instinct was right, I think I will be buying these! High rep/low weight 1/2 hour workouts are what tends to work best for me and I like a lot of variety to keep from burning out so I'm excited to check these out...especially with a brighter backdrop!
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 07:37 AM  
desderata

My favorite is Ripped to the Core. I think it's different from her others - not as high rep, but has a good cardio effect throughout. I may pull that out today.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-16, 07:43 AM  
LoveVA

I was going to say Ripped to the Core as well. Weights & Abs is a favorite of mine. She really packs a lot in in 30 minutes. Although keep in mind the 30 minutes does not include warm up. That's a separate chapter on the DVD.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-16, 12:08 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

The original Get Ripped is really good -- I haven't done it in awhile but I recall zero dread factor and a balanced workout. I also really, really like Slim & Lean but that is significantly tougher; it's imminently more doable if you split it into upper body and lower body days I recently acquired Weights & Abs and haven't used it yet but hear nothing but raves about it. Get Ripped & Chiseled is even harder and definitely gets into "dread factor" zone for me. And don't get me started on Get Extremely Ripped & Chiseled -- way too long for my attention span and overkill on my muscles!
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote