Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-16, 09:31 AM  
LoveVA

Workout Downloads and Ipods

I'm going on a trip next year (yes, I'm already planning how I want to work out) and want to use the gym at the resort for some weight training. I could just do some circuits on my own, but I'd rather follow along to a workout DVD playing through my headphones.

I wanted to know if I got one of Jari's DVDs in the download version, could I play it on my ipod? It's an old ipod and has a small screen, but I really just need to hear the workout. I'm thinking about Get Extremely Ripped for this. I've done this workout so many times, I really only need to hear the workout to know what to do.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 11:20 AM  
starbelly

Most downloads offer an mp4 option (Apple-compatible video) so you should be fine. If you want to save space, you could even strip the audio with a program like Freemake so that there is no video playing. That would also extend battery life and I have done that with videos I know so well that I need only the audio cues.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 12:23 PM  
LoveVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
Most downloads offer an mp4 option (Apple-compatible video) so you should be fine. If you want to save space, you could even strip the audio with a program like Freemake so that there is no video playing. That would also extend battery life and I have done that with videos I know so well that I need only the audio cues.
That's perfect. Thanks, starbelly! Really, only the audo is what I need. Can I get Freemake in a mac-compatible version?

So let me ask this, then. Could I take a DVD I already have, place it in my DVD drive on my computer and strip the audio off of that and play it through my ipod? Or do I need to buy the mp4 version first and strip the audio from that?
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 01:07 PM  
starbelly

If you already have the DVD you should be able to get the audio from it. I use WinX DVD ripper (a paid product) since I rip all of my DVDs to use on my tablet.

I did an experiment and used Freemake to convert a DVD to an mp3 file and it worked just fine. I believe that there is a version of this software for Apple products so you should be able to get your file for free.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-16, 09:13 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I was able to rip a DVD to mp3 using Handbrake and then used VLC media player to create an audio file from it (Handbrake and VLC are free). I did this on a PC but I believe Handbrake and VLC have versions that work on macs.

There was also another (perhaps more simple) method I found that allowed me to save the audio directly from the DVD using a free program called Audacity. Audacity also appears to have a mac version.

Here's a post I wrote about the steps I followed for each method: http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...51#post2484351
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, audio workouts, tablet