Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-16-20, 06:30 AM  
dbclark44

Saturday 2/15 - 3562/1.57

And would have not even got this it if weren't for the PHA 3 I did.

But it was a great relaxation day and I had it almost all day to myself. DH was gone from 9-4. I stayed out on the lanai most of the day streaming TV shows on my laptop. Then I moved into the front room and watched a show, then the bedroom just before he got back. He fixed an enchilada casserole and refried beans when he got back. DH can cook when he feels like it. He eats better than me.

Today is Sunday, a day of Worship. I have no plans for today. Was gonna go to the Taste of Cape Coral at the Tarpon Point Marina with Rick and Denise, but something came up with De. I don't know if I feel like being around a lot of people today and these small festivals do tend to draw a crowd especially with good weather. You do meet a lot of people when you go out though, some you run into more than once. I need a couple of things from Yankee Candle and Bath & Body Works so need to run out to Miromar Outlet Malls because the directory says they're there. Gonna call to verify though.

No CS yesterday and she says you should do one every day for next 30 days. Don't know if I want to renew membership before it runs out in 4 days but don't know if I'm disciplined enough to do it. It'd be a challenge for me and it won't be for lack of time. I suppose that's why it's called a challenge.

Have a great Sunday ladies!!!

Rotations are an immunization against procrastination.
dbclark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-20, 01:23 PM  
dbclark44

1-Hour Yin Yoga Session with Travis Eliot via youtube

Tried streaming Day 3 of the CS challenge but it kept stopping and starting. I got in the wu but stopped it after that and found Travis on youtube. So glad that workout is still there after 5 years. I have the dvd set at home but when away from home am relegated to streaming workouts. Essentrics doesn't stream very well but no problems streaming YT at all. So won't be renewing CS with streaming quality like that. Thank you CS for having poor streaming quality. Did Eliot on the lanai and it felt wonderful. It's balmy today and partly cloudy at 81 degrees.

Old 02-17-20, 07:39 AM  
dbclark44

Yesterday DH and I got new cell phones. We had been hanging onto the Galaxay 8+ for awhile. They were paid for and worked which was good enough for me. But DH was itching for a new phone. So glad they've gotten so good at transferring new phones. I transferred everything over on my phone.

When we left Verizon we swung by Firehouse Subs and I finally introduced DH to Firehouse subs. He enjoyed it and agreed with my assessment that they were indeed good.

Wishing you ladies a great Monday Happy President's Day. Shout out to Leslie who we haven't heard from in a minute.

Old 02-17-20, 10:17 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I've had the flu. Today is my first day without a fever, so I did a treadmill walk. I'm feeling more like a human than I have since last Wed.
Deb, I love Tarpon Springs, but it does get crowded. It's great in the morning, before most people are up and moving

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 06:28 AM  
dbclark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdayley View Post
Hi, ladies. I've had the flu. Today is my first day without a fever, so I did a treadmill walk. I'm feeling more like a human than I have since last Wed.
Deb, I love Tarpon Springs, but it does get crowded. It's great in the morning, before most people are up and moving

Chrys Dayley
Chrys, so sorry to hear about you being sick. Get well soon girl, sending you prayers for a speedy recovery. You are oh so right about Tarpon Point. I decided not to go Sunday to the Taste Of. Other than the trip to Verizon and Firehouse Subs, Dh and I stayed down most of the day.

Suppose we avoided a crowdy affair out there. No PF in a few days. We need to get on that for a few more days anyway. Our mind set is starting to shift to home now as things wind down here and we enjoy less than 2 weeks before hitting the road for home in IL. Yep, 29 Feb we pack up and head for home. Next year we decided we want to come back here but only for one month. 2 months is a bit long in a unit this size. And I don't want to really get 2 BR because then you have folks wanting to visit. I won't play tour guide down here. Plenty to do but you'll have to do it on your own.

DH and I talked about it too. Getting a bigger place and inviting folks to visit. My cousins in MI would be good for paying their share. Think I'll hit them up next year and discuss it. It's be nice to have a bigger place next year. I've loved the lanai but wouldn't mind a bigger place with a bigger lanai and a pool and spa for a month would be nice. Heck, if we're gonna do it lets do it big and live like the rich do if only for a month. See what summer does for this area this year before making a decision. You just have to be careful of the folk you want to spend time with. I have a lot of acquaintances but not too many of them would I want to spend time in close quarters with. Because you really don't know someone until you live with them like that. Anyway, I ramble.

Yesterday we went to see the movie Fantasy Island. Great movie. I recommend paying for the big screen and enjoy it. It's worth it. From there we went to the mall. I needed candles from Yankee and room sprays and hand soap from B&BW. Both stores were in the 1-level mall in Ft Meyers. Both stores got a slice of my money pie yesterday.

Have a great Tuesday ladies.

Old 02-18-20, 11:18 AM  
Sissy B

Friday, 2/14 - 6476 steps/2.74 miles
Saturday, 2/15 - 5718 steps/2.42 miles
Sunday, 2/16 - 3435 steps/1.45 miles
Monday, 2/17 - 5076 steps/2.15 miles

Saturday DH & I took 2 pieces of furniture, a bag of clothes and a box of miscellaneous to Goodwill. We had lunch at Newk's. Later that afternoon we went and had massages and had dinner at Cracker Barrel. They have changed their menu, taking off the burger I really like. They have added the Chicken Pot Pie back as a regular menu item so I ordered that, but they've changed the recipe and it's not as good.

Sunday we went to church and then came home and had fondue and watched college baseball on TV.

Yesterday I did several loads of laundry, unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher and then spent the afternoon reading a couple of library books.

Chrys - I hope you're feeling better. I had the flu in January and it wiped me out. It was miserable.

Deb - Enjoy the rest of your time in Florida.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-20, 11:34 AM  
Sissy B

Tuesday, 2/18 - 6781 steps/2.87 miles

I did get on my rower yesterday for the first time in several days. I'm so glad Concept 2 recommended starting with 5 minute sessions. It's tough - it works your whole body - and I would be discouraged if they recommended starting with longer workouts and 5 minutes was all I could do. I am so out of shape.

I'm trying to get a few things done around the house today. I'm going up to spend the weekend with DD. We're going to go to the baseball games and a couple of plays this weekend.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-20, 08:32 AM  
dbclark44

Sunday 2/16 - ?
Monday 2/17 - 3937/1.84
Tuesday 2/18 - TM 63 min/3 miles; Self weights - chest biceps triceps; Cathe Chair Stretch
Wednesday 2/19 - 12,194/5.39; Neighborhood walk 1 hour 46 min/4.78 miles; Cathe Chair Stretch

Man I took a nice long walk thru the neighborhoods yesterday. At the half way mark, I stopped at a 7-11 and got some water and jerky. Sat for about 15 minutes before making my way home. Was gone a good 2 hours, Left out at 7 and got back at 9. Glad I went out so early because it got hot. I did get caught in a couple of brief rain showers and had to take shelter under carports. One of the showers was quite heavy. But at the same time the sun was shining.

If I don't remember to write down my steps off my watch it doesn't get recorded. I stopped wearing my other pedometer and am just relying on my watch which isn't very accurate when I walk on the treadmill because I like to hold onto the handle which interferes with the count.

Tuesday we made it to PF. We cancelled the membership but it is good until the end of the month. We may make it there a couple more times. So glad I was able to keep up with my weights while here. I did get in some good upper body workouts on my own. PF back home is 20 miles away from me so I doubt I'll join when I get home. Too far to travel. And winter too. Nah. Don't see myself doing that.

Today we're meeting up with our friends Rick and Denise and going sailing. 75 degrees now with a high of 84 and sunny. Above average temps since we been here. Supposed to drop down to more normal temps starting tomorrow. Normal is high 70s low 80s, Not the high 80s low 90s we been getting.

Have a great Thursday ladies.

Old 02-20-20, 11:24 PM  
cdayley

Hi, ladies. I walked on Tuesday and yesterday was a rest day. Tonight I did 3 miles from Jessica Smith's 5 Fat Burning Miles. I'm flying to TX tomorrow to see DD in 2 plays - one Friday, one Saturday. I fly home Monday.

Deb, your one month plan sounds great! Yes, you do have to monitor who wants to stay with you when you're in FL

Sissy, I'm glad you got the rower. It sounds like a great way to exercise.

Chrys Dayley
cdayley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-20, 07:09 AM  
dbclark44

I haven't recorded my steps before going to bed the past 3 nights so no idea what I've done. But then I haven't worked out since my long walk Wednesday. I did do Cathe's Chair Stretch Thursday but that's all I've done lately. Took a recovery break I suppose I could say.

Less than a week to go before we leave. Although small I have really really enjoyed my time here. For DH it was a little long and he's ready to get back home. Snowbirds usually come anytime from Nov-Mar. Not my hubby. I think 1 month of warm weather will be enough time for him to get away in the winter.

Need to do something today, exercise wise. Temps dropped some in the past couple of days. Right now it's 55 degrees, 20 degrees cooler than it was Wednesday and Thursday morning. But it is great for walking, so I think I'll bundle up and take a 2-3 mile walk. Sometimes DH and I will walk together, but to be honest I prefer to walk by myself. I like to listen to music or audio books while I walk and that's best done alone.

Have a great Sunday ladies.

Tags
fitbit, fitness tracker, fitness trackers