Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-17-20, 06:43 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Wow Diana, I think your DH is going to feel so much better when the treatments for his 2 new diagnoses take effect!
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 07:50 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with three Blogilates lower body workouts and a mile outdoor walk.

Diana, I am praying for your DH's health. I hope the doctors can get effective treatments set up for him!

Lynn, also praying for your DH's eyes. How awful to be dealing with that issue!

Cynthia, it's not our realtor that is the problem--it's the buyer's realtors that are doing this. They schedule their clients and then cancel. I guess it's to be expected, but it's hard when you are living in the house.

DH found out tonight that he didn't get the position. He was the main candidate and apparently head and shoulders over the other two musically, but the church suddenly decided they also needed someone who was very strong at leading the youth musically and had a desire to do so, which DH would rather mentor someone else to do. So they didn't choose any of the three. Rough night ...

Cheryl
Old 02-17-20, 08:07 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Cheryl, rejection never gets easier; even if your DH didn't really want that job. A group that would veer off their stated agenda like that would be nothing but trouble.
My home sales were handled differently. The buyers' agents never contacted me, but made appts through my realtor.

Lynn, hoping your DH gets the eye problems resolved soon.

Will do some Pilates later.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 10:20 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers for DH.

Lynn Praying for your DH, too.

Seabliss Continuing to prayer for your DH and family. As you know, our business property is listed for lease. On Friday a gentle man came into our shop and started asking questions about us moving and the place being for lease, etc. I was really caught off guard. The bottom line is that he had received an email from the listing agent/company and he wanted to check the property out on his own. He drove 2 hours to see the shop. He ended up sitting with me in the office and talking for about 45 minutes. He has another location in our area and wants to add another location. I gave him an idea about having one location for larger/commercial trucks and keep the other one for cars and passenger trucks. He liked that idea. It started off strange but ended up being a nice visit. LOL I'm not sure if anything will come of it but he mentioned several times that he was interested. You never know how people will react, etc. I never thought a person would come on their own to see the property.

Check-In: 45 minute outdoor walk

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 10:57 PM  
lynnf

barre 3 30 minutes

Diana, sounds like a lot going on with you and DH and praying all things go well with you.

Cheryl, rejection is so rough and especially when your DH was the best one. Sigh.Praying that the right situation is going to come for your DH and his talents.

Cynthia, thanks. My DH just has this weird congenital condition where all his cells naturally exfoliate. Great for his skin (which always looks young and he never wears sunscreen) but his eye cells sheds as well and this predisposes him to glaucoma from this surgery. There is still a chance the drops will bring his eye pressure down, but if not he will just have to be treated for glaucoma, which his doctor thinks can be easily managed.
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 08:07 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night: Basic stretches
This morning: Oxycise

Have a Blessed day!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-18-20, 05:38 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Check-In: JS 15 Minute Cardio Strength w/5's, 11 Minute Buns & Thighs Circuit Walk w/5's, 12 Minute Abs & Arms Circuit Walk w/5's

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 02-18-20, 08:20 PM  
seabliss

Checking in with Fitness Blender's Upper Body and Abs Circuit workout.

The showing rescheduling thing just happened again today. The way it works nowadays is that you receive a text and/or email notification of a showing, because you need to be out of the house. But if the buyer's realtor runs short of time or whatever, they will either cancel or reschedule. I think you wouldn't notice if you're not living in the house, but it's hard when you are.

DH is doing ok, thank goodness. He is looking for the next thing. I think the fact that he was the best but they changed their criteria helps.

Cynthia, that's a good point about an organization like that being trouble!

Diana, I hope you get the kind of offer you want for the business property. What are they doing for your DH's sleep apnea?

Lynn, sorry to hear about your DH's condition. It is nice that he has nice skin--shows how important exfoliation is, I guess! I hope he doesn't have glaucoma, but it's good that it can be easily managed.

Cheryl
Old 02-18-20, 08:31 PM  
lynnf

Lauren Brooks vol. 3 upper body. I really like this one -- uses double kettlebells and you get cardio and strength in a short workout that packs a punch.

Diana, has your DH gotten the CPAP yet? My mom has hers and is doing pretty well with it. However, with her dementia, a certain percentage of what she tells me now isn't exactly true so I never know exactly what is correct or not. She complained that the aide had an empty wine bottle in her room (accusing the aide of drinking), but actually the aide was recycling the wine bottle from the wine my parents drink in the evening (which they shouldn't since they both have dementia, but do anyway) and the aide had to leave it in the den when my dad tried to walk out of the house and she had to stop him. We have a nurse who oversees everything and sorts out what is really happening so I found this all out from her.

Cheryl, glad your DH is moving on, but Cynthia is right. An organization that changes the job criteria in the middle of a search is not something you want to get mixed up with. Sounds so irritating about the buyers notifying about a showing and then rescheduling. Also stressful. Hang in there! Have you had a chance to work on any of your music?
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-20, 10:13 PM  
Diana3271

Seabliss & Lynn They put a CPAP machine on him in the middle of the night. He does not have one yet. Someone is suppose to contact us to set everything up.

Lynn I didn't realize there was so much going on with your parents. {{hugs}} to you. It must be really difficult.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana