Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 02-17-20, 12:36 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Vantreesta, where's the trail run? I'm guessing near where you live, because 5 miles in this area in August would be nuts!

I spent most of yesterday at DD's meet. DH had to work, so he stayed home. DS was there and pretty much read a book the whole time. We left the house around 9:30 and drove an hour each way to the hotel where it was held. Had lunch up there. The team did really well, and our friends that we call the surrogate grandparents made it there to watch her, so it was nice.

My stupid cough seems to be getting worse rather than better. I left a message for the doctor's nurse Friday and they didn't call back, so I called today. I'm going to the allergist around noon, and taking DS to his pediatrician at 4 because he seems worse too.

I'm trying to "embrace the suck" today. The kids have the day off for President's Day. I took it off rather than trying to work with them here with DH sleeping. I had hoped to do bootcamp and then run, but the alarm went off at 6 AM and I said nope! Haven't worked out since Thursday.

I'm feeling sorry for myself for being sick yet again and not getting to spend the day the way I want. I also dread going back to work every week...I was messaging a coworker Friday and I think we both feel like the new supervisor is trying to edge us out or something. She doesn't think what our department has done is all that great and talks about outsourcing a lot. She hasn't really looked at our stuff though (I can tell) and her manner is beginning to really bug me.

So again, embracing the suck today (sitting here in my pajamas still at 10:30 AM, very unlike me) and hoping to pull myself together by tomorrow.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-20, 07:42 PM  
Vantreesta

Pratima, yes, the trail run is near home. I don't even want to think of running in AZ in August! I don't know how you do it!

I hope you have felt better as the day went on. I'm sorry you and the kids have been sick so much. On top of dealing with a yucky work situation. It's an awful feeling when it seems like you're being pushed out. I've been there. I hope it gets better for you or another opportunity opens up.

Waves to everyone else. Miss you all!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-20, 05:27 PM  
Vantreesta

I have been laid out flat all day with what I think is a really bad case of vertigo. I hope that's all it is and not the flu. My stomach was only upset this morning when I was first trying to get up and make it to the bathroom. I can move any part of my body just fine except my head. I was originally stuck on the floor so my sacrum is hurting badly. I was able to get on the bed about an hour ago.

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 02-25-20, 06:14 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Vantreesta, how are you feeling? There's a lot of sickness going around this season. I don't think I realized how horrible I've been feeling until I started feeling better a couple days ago. Last time I had the flu, horrible vertigo and nausea were actually all I had initially, so I really hope it's not that!

I am finally feeling better, though I think the steroids have given me thrush. I've gotten it before, usually with inhaled steroids. I called the doctor's office asking them to call in something. Read that rinsing with saltwater can help, so I guess I'll start doing that in the meantime.

I finally started working out again. Went to spin yesterday, Burn Bootcamp lower body and ran today. It was an 80s theme at Burn so I wore my 80s outfit and had fun.

DD had a gymnastics meet Sunday night. DH had to work and the kids and I didn't get home until around 9:30. I feel perpetually behind now! Hopefully I'll get a better night's sleep tonight. The thrush makes my throat feel weird and wakes me up a bit.

I'm doing a 15K Sunday. Plan to walk/run with a friend. Right now that distance sounds crazy though! Trying to build back up gradually.

Oh, and the work situation seems better. I met yesterday with the interim contract person and it went WAY better than expected. We actually accomplished a lot and I feel like we're working together to move forward. I feel like our director is actually complicating things so if we can do more on our own and then just have her give final approval, maybe life (or at least work) will be less frustrating!

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Old 02-25-20, 08:01 PM  
Vantreesta

Pratima, I feel much better today, thanks. I'm still a little dizzy sometimes so I've taken it easy but so glad I can walk and sit up again! I only took Cyric for one short walk but the fresh air felt so good!

I'm glad you're feeling better. Sorry you have thrush. I'm not sure what that is but doesn't sound nice.

Good luck on your 15k. I haven't worked out in over a week. Not sure when I'll get to again. The next couple weeks are a little busy. I'm hoping to get back on track soon.

I'm so glad work is looking up for you! I hope that continues. Being able to find someone on the same page can be a big help.

Old 03-06-20, 12:25 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

March thread!
http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=228024