Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-14, 09:51 PM  
glamgal
VF Supporter

Holiday Gift Exchange Wishlist 2014

Okay, here it is. If you are participating in the gift exchange, please post your wish list. This is my second time participating and I'm excited to get shopping!

About me: I'm a barre enthusiast. My favorite methods are barre3, P57, and Bar Method (I already have all of these, but listed them to give you an idea of what I like). I'm 36 years old, married, no children, and I celebrate Christmas. I signed up for this gift exchange because I enjoy shopping for fellow VF friends...unfortunately, I don't have a lot on my wish list but I am delighted that someone out there is thinking of me at all!

I cut out sugar earlier this year, but I still enjoy a good dark chocolate. My current favorite is Lindt 90% cocoa, so yeah...the darker, the better! I also adore any dark chocolate with sea salt, coffee, etc. Ummm...did I mention that I cut out sugar this year? So I dream about chocolate a lot!

I don't really have any must-haves on my wish list since I typically buy for myself throughout the year. I would be thrilled with any (or none! - just send chocolate!) of these DVDs:

Pop Physique - Any from the series. I have none and have been curious to try.

Soooo...now I feel silly because I can't think of anything else to add to my list. Other things I enjoy include: fuzzy socks, the color grey, unique mugs or tiny espresso spoons, homemade sugar scrubs.
Old 10-25-14, 10:00 PM  
shoegoddess

I participated last year and had a blast!

Dear Secret Santa, thank you so much for being my Secret Santa and please do not spend a ton of money. I will be happy and appreciative with any gifts I receive. Here is my "wish list".

DVDs: I know these 2 DVDs haven't been released yet but these are the only ones I've got my eye on right now
Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360 Dance Conditioning
Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360 Athletic Conditioning
OR a gift certificate to Mary's site totalfitnessdvds.com

Non Food Goodies:
Spicy scented candles: Vanilla Bean, Pumpkin Spice, Apple Cinnamon
Dangle earrings
I love anything Shoe or Fitness themed such as:
Post It's or Notepads-I use the post its on my workout calendar and I write tons of lists
Bookmaker-I love to read so a shoe or fitness themed bookmark would be cool
Christmas Ornaments-I have several shoe and fitness themed ornaments hanging in my workout room

Food Goodies:
See's Candies Lollypops. Apparently they have a pumpkin spice and a caramel apple one this year. Would love to try these. Last year they had a Mint Cream one that was YUMMY!!! Hoping they have them again this year.

Again thank you for being my Secret Santa.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 10:01 PM  
curious621

Smile Thank you, Anne, for organizing!

Here is my list- sorry for the delay- I am a high school biology teacher and school has been crazy busy with curriculum meetings, 8th grade visits, and Open House. I'll post some now and may add more later for more options. I am married, 48 years old, with 12 (almost 13) year old boy/girl twins and a new little dog, Seger. Used DVDs are perfectly fine.

DVDs:
Leslie Sansone's Walk Off Fat Fast (I have almost all of hers!)
Tracey Mallett's FIT, Fuse Dance Cardio Lean, or Fuse Dance Cardio Melt
Jillian Michael's Beginner Shred (I have all of hers but sometimes want an easy day!)
Christine Felstead's Yoga for Runners- The Essentials or Intermediate Program
Jennifer Galardi- Flowetry
Rainbeau Mars'- BeFit Yoga 10 Minute Yoga
BeFit Butt Lift

Other ideas:
Milk chocolate (but not too much!)
Philosophy food scent bodywash
Cozy mysteries
Unique low-fat snacks
Clif, Quest, or Lara Bars
Grippy yoga socks

Other stuff:
I am a runner and run 5K's, 10K's, and half marathons so running stuff is good.
I follow Weight Watchers but am currently 7 lbs. over my lifetime goal weight and am trying to get back down (despite the fact that four of my other ideas above revolve around food!).
curious621 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 10:10 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

UPDATE - MY LIST

Hello Santa! I am excited to have you as my Santa and am grateful for anything you give me. I am perfectly fine with used workouts.
DVDs:

Mike Donavanik:
Extreme Metabolic Conditioning
Extreme Burn Ripped

Any workouts from the Firm Express Set

Any DVD from the Barry's Bootcamp series

Travis Eliot:
Yoga Foundations
Cross training

Paul Katami:
4x4 Bootcamp (the second one)
Band Camp

Any Buti

Non-fitness gift ideas:
I love coffee and teas (loose leaf preferably). I enjoy fruity herbal tea, but will drink any kind besides green.

My other non-fitness interests: photography, baking, movies and reading (I have an ipad so I can gift cards for downloads, and all the major e-reader software).

I love scented candles and fresheners. I have a preference for cleaner scents, like fresh laundry or outdoor scents.

If you are crafty or like to make homemade goods (i.e. scarves), I would love that.

Thank you again!

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-14, 10:42 PM  
iheartsts

So excited to be participating again! Thanks, Anne, for all your hard work organizing this.
Dear Santa, here's my wish list. It's long, but I just want to give you some ideas. I will appreciate anything, and please don't spend more than you can comfortably afford. It's all about fun. Used DVD's are totally fine.

DVD Wishes:
Cathe Cardio Leg Blast
Travis Eliot Short and Sweet
ZCut Power Strength, Cardio, or Six Pack
Jazzercise Dance Hiit
Lee Holden 7 Minutes of Magic
Jari Love Get Ripped Slim & Lean
Virtual Active Hikes: American Southwest, Calif. Central Coast, or Northern Italy
Zumba Exhilarate (the DVD from the set)
Suzanne Bowen Tighten Tone & Torch
Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Revelation
Kundalini Yoga:Recharge Yourself - Snatam Kaur
Shaun T - Dance Party Series
Shaun T - Hip Hop Abs Ultimate Results
Susan Chung Rapidfire 4 Sweat
Andrea Orbeck Supermodel Abs & Arms or Butt & Thighs

Things I like:
Purse-size hand sanitizer
Candles - spicy or cinnamon scents
Soft,stretchy headbands
Soft hair scrunchies
Cheap, dangly earrings
Dark chocolate
I collect pencil santas (skinny santa ornaments)
A Christmas ornament from where you live
Lip gloss/lipstick in pink shades
Note pads

Can't think of anything else right now. All of the above are just suggestions. I'll be happy with anything. I'm just so happy to participate!! Thank you for being my Santa.
Old 10-25-14, 10:55 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Sorry I kept you waiting but I had to think about what I wanted. I have so much already and I don't need or want much so do not break the bank. My list is long to give you ideas.
I am married with two children (21 and 14) a dog, a cat, fish and turtles. The dog was my idea, the rest...well you know.
Besides fitness I love to hike, travel and to read(I am in two book groups.)

Fitness stuff Used DVDs are fine.
DVDs:
•Calm Body, Clear Mind-Jillian Pransky

•I want to try Qi Gong like one of the following by Lee Holden:
Qi Gong Flow for Beginners
Qi Gong The Flow Continues-More Beginners practices
Qi Gong for Deep Sleep These are expensive on Amazon for some reason so try here: http://www.exercisetoheal.com/

•Coregeous -Jill Miller

Books:
Roll Model -Jill Miller (pre-order)

Equipment:
Yoga Tune Up Alpha Ball https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Yog...all-p/1171.htm
Coregeous Ball https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Yog...ler-p/1169.htm

Other things:
-Stretchy hair bands Favorite colors: Purple, turqoise,green -black brown tan navy work too.
-Music recommendations for me to use for brisk walking ~13 min/mile which is about 153-154bpm
-I am trying to stay off sugar but I do allow myself some good dark chocolate once in awhile.
-Healthy Recipes for weeknights that are quick or make ahead (crockpot) No pork, no pasta or grains
-Inexpensive Fitness or Yoga themed jewelry (anything with kettlebells, barbells, etc.)
-A large appointment book to log my workouts. One week over two pages like this: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/2015...=9780594474593
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 06:14 AM  
Rhonda

Thanks to my Secret Santa. Please check back as I may add some items as I think about them but wanted to put something up.

Good Used DVDs are fine.
DVDs:
Tracie Long Stronger Longer 1
Tracie Long Stronger Longer 2
PiYo Basic
PiYo Deluxe DVDs
Jennifer Gilardi Flowetry
Any other DVDs you may think I will like.

Misc:
Lip Balm (Really enjoyed the peppermint flavor I got last year but any will do)
Workout Socks
Warm slippers for my cold feet (size 8)
dark chocolate (no fruity flavors, love caramels but not the salted ones)
Dark Hot Chocolate
Candles (like any scents but enjoy cinnamon, blueberry, vanilla)
Wolves
JJ Virgin Sugar Impact Diet (Book)
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 07:11 AM  
sherry7899

Thank you so much in advance to my Secret Santa. I am so grateful for anything I receive. I totally understand being on a tight budget, so please do not feel obligated to break the bank on me and please do not stress over anything. I love participating in the gift exchange. I am including a long list to increase the element of surprise and make it easier for my Santa to shop.

I have a very large collection, so I am not looking for many dvds. I am sorry they are new releases, but I buy dvds all year. I love yoga, (especially kundalini), kickboxing, cycling (I have a recumbent bike), treadmill workouts, athletic cardio, and dance workouts that a klutz can follow.

Please check back-I may update the list a little later-thank you again!!!!

DVD's: (gently used are fine-all are available at Total Fitness DVD)

-Element yoga Five Day Yoga (preorder-top wish!)
-Element Yoga Daily Yoga (preorder)
-Kelly Coffey Meyer: 30 MTF Home Gym Intervals
-Kelly Coffey Meyer: 30 MTF Slim Sculpting (should be released very soon)
-Nicky McGinty Ultimate Yoga Ballet box set (3 dvds)
-Everyday Yoga for Stress Release Nadia Narain (total fitness dvd and Amazon)
- Virtual Active Tierra Del Fuego Bike workout
-Birthlight: Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth and Beyond (not expecting…just like the look of the dvd!)
ETA: if the new Ellen Barrett's are released soon I am interested

Audio workouts:
if you can burn these to cd:

http://www.amazon.com/Hiit-Mix-Worko...s=motion+traxx

http://www.amazon.com/Treadmill-Coac...s=motion+traxx

http://www.amazon.com/Treadmill-Coac...s=motion+traxx
-Jill Miller Coregeous ball (I already have the dvd-total fitness dvd sells it)

Other things I love:

-I LOVE to read and have a wishlist on Amazon that includes fiction, psychological suspense, mystery, music books, etc, especially British and Irish authors..- Used books are totally fine! My favorites are psychological suspense, mysteries, women’s fiction and books about yoga and health. I am also a music geek.
-I have a wishlist on Amazon here, but please do not feel obligated in any way.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wi...search_bin_1_2
-I have a Kindle Fire
-anything with Peanuts characters especially Snoopy or anything with cats, especially black cats, fairies or butterflies. We have three black cats who love to get into trouble together . (please note my avatar!)
-I have the 2014 version of this calendar and use it to log workouts. I’d love to use one again in 2015:
http://www.amazon.com/Peanuts-2015-W...weekly+planner

Beauty products:

-burt's bees "fig shade" lip shimmer or lip tints in deep pink/rose shades or red (any brand) or basically almost any Burt’s Bees product!
-essential oils (I have a plug in warmer) or natural soaps or body butter or lotions-my favorite scents are lilac, rose, gardenia, vanilla, coconut, jasmine , lilies, hydrangea, almond, cinnamon, brown sugar and pumpkin. I have dry skin, so anything moisturizing would be great.
-I dislike fruit scents, except for coconut. No lavender scents, please (causes headaches)
-Shower gel in any of the above scents, or holiday scents :cinnamon/vanilla, warm vanilla sugar (bath and body works ), sweet cinnamon pumpkin( bath and body works ) or any brand-I am not picky.
-Trader joe’s coconut body butter or pumpkin body butter
-Shea Moisture hair or skin products
-any lotion/cream with shea butter

Fun Treats:
- I am a Trader Joe's junkie: would love any of their holiday peanut butter/chocolate/peppermint candy/treats
-a trader joe's cloth shopping bag (cheaper ones, not the pricey ones!)
-anything pumpkin, dark chocolate, peppermint, peanut butter flavored anything, peppermint bark, especially Ghiardelli chocolate peppermint bark
-I love to bake/cook so please send your favorite recipes for baking (especially chocolate), chicken, turkey or fish (no beef or pork, please), vegetarian, soup and chili, smoothies-including green smoothies, nut butters, and no bake healthy treats (recipe cards, not cookbooks!)
- I have a crockpot and just bought a stove top grill pan, so recipes for either/both would be wonderful!
- I also love kitchen gadgets-mixing spoons, rubber spatulas, pot holders, cute cupcake liners, kitchen towels, etc. Our kitchen is blue.
-hot chocolate-especially with peppermint
-Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla Coffee (or another brand if that is easier/less expensive)

-cozy socks or exercise socks-size ten feet. My feet are always cold
-favorite colors are purple, pink, blue, red and black
dislike orange, yellow, brown and green
-Anything to do with the show Breaking Bad!