Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-14, 10:48 AM  
lorajc

I'm back too!! I haven't even been working for over a year and I wanted to participate. It's always so much fun!!

I think a lot of VFers know me, as I post a lot.....but if you don't....here's a brief bit about me. I've been married around 30 years and have no children. I have 3 cats. I just lost a 19 year old male that was very painful and got a new baby kitten in May....he is now 7 months. He is the love of my life!! I LOVE all animals. I love walking in the Park where I can see deer while I walk. I have been injured a LOT over the past 5 years and have been in a lot of pain......so I probably could use anything that would be helpful for that!! I was a Medical Secretary my entire life, but kept losing my job.....so I worked retail for 6 years and then I lost my job about a year and a half ago and I'm still trying to find work, however, my pain has been so bad....I've been glad I'm not working. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my elderly Mother, reading, listening to music or going to the movies or out to dinner (however haven't had money for that for a while). I'm a Christian and celebrate Christmas.

Here is my list:

Tracey Mallett - Bikini Body - Flat Abs,
Bikini Body Lift & Sculpt Booty
Andrea Orbeck - Supermodel - Abs & Arms
Amy Dixon - Raise Some Bell
P90X3- Deluxe Add On DVD's (particularly interested in the Complex Upper Body one if you can get it in a trade)
Pure Barre - Mile High 1 & 2, Studio Series 1,2,3,4
Leslie Sansone - Mix & Match Walk Blasters or
Walk off Fat Fast
Element Belly Dance
Burned Copy of Hammelin D'abel's Workouts
Gilad's Lord of the Ab's (whichever one is the closest to a Total Body workout)
Essentrics Barre Workout or Body Sculpting Series (whichever one is supposed to be better)

For any other little items -- I could really use a nice hand cream. I hate to buy myself expensive handcream....but I LOVE it! Something like Josie Maran's Argan Oil, Perlier, etc. hand cream or similar.....doesn't have to be a large tube.....sample tube? I also have a hard time with my cuticles in the Winter.....I love Zoya's Qtica Cuticle Oil Gel.....but if you have one that you love, I'd be happy to try it. It gets really cold here in Northeastern Ohio and I hear we are supposed to have a wicked Winter again! Lastly, I could use a good lip balm/chapstick to use when I go for my Winter Walks. Currently, I'm using a real expensive one, Fresh's Sugar Rose, but it is so expensive that it is almost "prohibitive" to me.....so if you have something you swear by....I'd be happy to try it. My lips get horrid from the weather. .....worse than my hands!!

I don't mind lightly used DVD's. Thanks in advance!!!! I look forward to an exciting Gift Exchange!!
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 11:10 AM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Hello Secret Santa,

What follows is little about me and what workouts I would enjoy. I am perfectly happy receiving used and gently used items. I would want having me as a giftee to be an enjoyable experience and not something that would cause undue stress or burden. So know that I'm very easy to please and I'm just thrilled to have someone thinking of me this holiday season who gets my love of video fitness.

I celebrate Christmas in a secular, not religious, way. I love quirky ornaments and an ornament that was representative of your spot in the world would be super fun on my tree. I am one of those people whose feet are always cold so I am always on the lookout and welcome warm, cozy, fuzzy socks (I wear a size 7 1/2 shoe). I also suffer from chapped lips and dry hands so moisturizing lip balm and small hand lotion/creams I can keep in my handbag would always be welcome. I love a great one pot meal so if you have great recipes to share I'd love to have them. I have a crock pot, pressure cooker, dutch oven, and large soup pot so I can accommodate pretty much any recipe. I'm not vegetarian but a great vegetarian recipe is just fine. Finally, I love hot chocolate and cocoa!

As far as DVDs go, I am just now venturing into kettlebells. Below are some suggestions.

Paul Katami Ultimate Kettlebells for Beginners
Amy Dixon Raise Some Bell
Paul Katami Kettlebell Kombos
Paul Katami Kettlebell Drills
Paul Katami Kettlebell Krush Full Body Drills
Paul Katami Hi5 - High Intenisty 5
Abbie Appel Step and Stable

Thank you so much, Secret Santa!

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 11:48 AM  
ladyveg

Hi, Secret Santa! I know I tend to post sporadically so it might be hard for you to know what I like. So I'll give you as many ideas as I can think of. If you can find something used, or you want to regift something, that's fine by me! Don't spend too much! I just get excited getting mail!

DVDs
I like low impact, 30-60 minutes, not a lot of TIFTing. I don't do straight walking workouts. I might like to try a Jessica Smith DVD. My fitness level is probably beginner/aspiring intermediate. I'd be open to trying something new! Surprise me!

ETC.
I've had bariatric surgery (have lost 70 lbs) so I can't have any sugar or high fat foods.

I'm running low on tea. I like black tea, green tea, and fruity herbals--anything that would make a good iced tea. Loose leaf tea is great and bagged tea is fine as well!

I like specialty soaps and linen sprays and incense. I like kind of hippie scents--patchouli, sandalwood, musk, spices, and the like.

I do counted cross-stitch and crochet. I don't have any books on cross-stitch but I have a ton of crochet books. I usually buy cross-stitch kits because they can be more economical than buying everything separately, but I love charts with brightly colored folk art or realistic nature scenes--especially birds. I'm intermediate/advanced in cross-stitch and intermediate in crochet.

I love cats. I currently have two.

I'm always drinking iced tea so I'm always looking out for reusable cups that come with reusable lids and straws.

I'm a girly girl, but I have very short hair. I sell Jamberry Nails so I don't do nail polish. I guess my point is I'm 40 years old, but I still like flowers and butterflies and anything with a feminine flair (and maybe even sparkles). ;-)

I hope that's enough to help you out! If I think of something obvious that I forgot, I'll edit this post or if you have a question send me an elfmail! :-D
ladyveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 12:05 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

thank you in advance!!!!

dvds:

-the no om zone w Kimberly Fowler
-The Isometric Total Body Workout

I'm curious about foam rolling and have nothing that covers it. sooo anything foam rolling related

misc stuff:
-anything sandalwood or patchouli
(I like mixing "skin safe" oils with Neutrogena unscented body oil)
-Caffeine!!!
(but not coffee. ick)
-watercolor supplies
-chocolate
-hair ties, headbands. for some reason my cats think these are toys and I can never find them when I need them
-purple or blue demi or semi permanent hair dyes

limitation:
no soy (allergy)

I'll think up some easier stuff!
Old 10-26-14, 12:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Dear Secret Santa,

I am so looking forward to 2015 because it will have been the year of surgeries in my house. In July, I had a knee replacement surgery (and it went GREAT). Tomorrow, my husband will have a heart valve replacement and replacement of part of the aorta. It will take him 6 weeks - 3 months to recover. So, I won't be around much over the next week or two or three - although I may be able to log on some over the next week when I'm not at the hospital. While I'm gone and taking care of DH, you can funnel any questions/clarifications/etc. through Sherry (sherry7899). I'll keep an eye out for messages from her and she'll probably be communicating with me anyway.

My main focus for 2015 will be coming back - getting my eating under control and losing weight, restarting my exercise accomplishments. I've been exercising, but it has been scattered. I'll probably do an easy version of Look Great in 8, which means I can use any DVDs I have available to me. Some DVDs I'm interested include:

LYNN HAHN: TOTAL CONDITIONING AEROBICS and STRENGTH TRAINING
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Bootcamp
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Home Gym Intervals
KCM 30 Minutes to Fitness Slim Sculpting
Jillian Michaels Beginner Shred
KettleX Basics Kettlebell DVD - Lorna Kleidman
Zula Fitness Vol. 1
YOGA DANCE: FIRE

I would also enjoy homemade DVDs with YouTube videos that you think I'd enjoy (if this is something you do, obviously) I am fine with a DVD that is used. I tried to mostly choose DVDs that have been out for awhile so that they would be mostly easily findable. Whatever I receive is fine. It doesn't have to come from the list. Mainly, I'm looking for DVDs that will help me regain my exercise capacity in shorter periods of time mainly.

My husband is sensitive to just about every smell on the planet, so it would be good to NOT receive scented items. I'm a reader. I write tons of handwritten notes to people and collect and use note cards. I love travel and would enjoy receiving something from your area.

Thanks so much for doing it. This is the one holiday activity I am going to commit to this year. It's something I enjoy every year.

Laura

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 02:29 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Okay Santa, here goes!

First off, thank you so much for being my Secret Santa I love participating in the gift exchange and it is always so much fun. I am perfectly fine with used and/or re-gifted items.

DVDs I am looking for:

Shazzy Fitness - In the Beginning Christian Dance Workout
Shazzy Fitness - A Time to Dance Christian Workout
Step Up Revolution Dance Workout
Step Up Revolution Hip Hop Cardio Burn
Zumba Step Series http://www.zumba.com/en-US/shop/US/p...cid=eml-988503 - there's a thread on here with a 50% off code, so that's the only reason I'm listing it. Please don't pay full price for this!
Paul Katami - Kettlebell Krush Full Body Drills
Lauren Brooks - Kettlebell Revelation
Donna Flagg - Lastics
Donna Flagg - Advanced Lastics
Tracy Anderson - Perfect Design Series
Brett Hoebel - Spri Ignite Hi-Intensity

(On pre-order at Collage, and Mary says she will be carrying these as well):
WWE Power Series Triple H
WWE Fit Series Stephanie McMahon

If you are based in the UK, I UK workouts, so here are a few that I have in my cart at amazon.co.uk:

Ministry Of Sound Pump It Up - High Energy
Ministry Of Sound Pump It Up - Aeroburn
Ministry Of Sound Pump It Up - Move It, Lose It
Roxy's Bite Size Yoga
Roxy's Yoga Conditioning Total Body Workout
Boxing Fitness - A Guide to Get Fighting Fit (Ian Oliver)

I'm also planning on getting a rower by the end of the year, so I'm curious about using the Cardio Coach series for this.

Other things I like:
I am a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan, so any kind of DC trinket is always welcome
I am a sucker for celebrity brand perfumes, i.e. Jessica Simpson, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, so any samples or lotions of this type are great!
I like my smoothies/shakes, so shaker cups and blender bottles are something I can never have enough of.
If you know of a really good, therapeutic lip balm, I have perpetually dry lips so am always on the lookout for something amazing!
I am not a coffee or tea person, and not a huge chocolate lover, but I do enjoy sour candies.
I have 2 cats who are brothers, and they are my babies, so anything cat related is purr-fect
...and last but not least, fuzzy socks for my always-cold toes!!

I am not expecting anything beyond a DVD, so please don't shop any more than you are able to! I am so grateful for your participation in the gift exchange and hope my list helps you out.
Old 10-26-14, 06:27 PM  
IrishOT

I am so excited to be participating in the Holiday Exchange again this year! It truly is one of the highlights of the Holiday season for me! I love sleuthing and shopping for my giftee and am thrilled that someone that understands my video fitness addiction is thinking of me! Used/re-gifted items are definitely fine. I am Catholic and celebrate Christmas.

First a little about me. I am 32, married with no kids. We do have a cat named Pickles who is my baby girl! I am an occupational therapist and work with teens and adults with a diagnosis of Autism or other similar diagnoses. The program where I work is a farm based residential and school based program, so I am outdoors a lot working with the people on my caseload in their vocational settings. I am so blessed to have a job that I enjoy so much!
I need my morning workouts or I feel off for the day. I am mostly a DVD set gal and follow the program rotations. I often mix and match two programs at a time, but do use a few single DVDs here and there. I also really enjoy running and yoga class. I haven't really found any yoga DVDs that I click with, but I love the class I go to.
I enjoy being outdoors, hiking and camping. DH and I typically participate in a few running relays each year and usually plan our trips around a run/race or relay.

I am pretty set for quite a while on personal care items such as lotions, lip balms, hand sanitizer gels, etc and don't burn candles.

Some DVDs I am interested in acquiring are all by Patrick Katami:
Burn & Build
Kettlebell Konnect
Hi5
Kettlebell Krush

Things I like/am interested in:
- running socks, smartwool Phd Size Medium are my favorites
- wool everyday socks to wear through the winter
- Irish themed things that can be hung on the wall
- Butterflies
- Dark Chocolate- darker the better! I don't really like mint flavors, but other flavors are fine. Dark chocolate sea salt caramels are a favorite!
- I could use a new flashing back light that I can clip to my reflective running vest, similar to this http://www.amazon.com/Nathan-Strobe-...ing+back+light
- I have never been able to find a running headband that doesn't slide off of the back of my head and I have been interested in trying something similar to this kind to see if it would work http://www.amazon.com/Headbands-Hipp...nning+headband
- I enjoy running themed casual bracelets/necklaces
- I have been looking for waterproof (non fabric) tote bags for carrying my rain boots and muck boots to and from work
- I have also been looking for an insulated tote bag to carry my water bottles to and from work. I usually take 3, 22 oz bottles.
- My favorite colors are purple, green and orange
- I prefer zig zag, stripes and polka dots to flower or paisley designs

Thank you so much for being my secret Holiday buddy! If I think of anything else to add I will come back.
IrishOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 06:30 PM  
rose2boys

Thank you

Gift card for website streaming store: (I almost exclusively do streaming/download workouts)
SBF, Barre3, P57, Barre Concept, Cathe, etc.

Tracey Anderson’s new Beginner Dance Cardio DVD (it looks fun – could use more cardio)

Yoga/stretching strap

Foam Roller/ball (for stretching/massaging my lower back)

LOVE hand lotion (even travel size to throw in purse), body crème – have very dry skin in winter. Nothing too sweet/cloying, please. Prefer fresh “clean” scent or citrus.

Lip balm – tub/pot – such as Kiehl’s #1 Lip Balm (LOVE!)

Fabric hair ties (I have dark brown hair) -
http://www.amazon.com/Emi-Jay-Hair-T...=emi+hair+ties or similar

Coffee freak – I have a Keurig, so K-cups are great! Always looking for new organic brands, but any type is appreciated.

Organic dark chocolate bark (w/almonds!) YUM!

Also, love to read on my Kindle - I read almost every day.

Of course, anything you give is totally appreciated!! So grateful for this forum – not for gifts, per se, but just advice, community, etc.
Old 10-26-14, 06:44 PM  
afirmrose

First I would like to say thank you in advance to my secrete Santa! Please do not burden yourself financially or otherwise. I am good with used DVDs and homemade items.

I love homemade scarves, mittens, hats and jewelry.
Favorite color is red.
I love flowery scented soap, candles and lotion
I am a cat person

DVD's
Paul Katami - Kettlebell Krush Full Body Drills
Paul Katami - Hi5 - High Intensity 5
Brett Hoebel - Spri Ignite Intensity
Kristin Dowell - Dressed Up Drills

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------
"Oxygen is free. Breath it in!" Jennifer Galardi DOTI Hip Hop Party

"A 30-minute workout is just 2% of your day. No excuses." Clubz

Lisa Shaffer 2013 10,000 Kettlebell Swing challenge completed.
afirmrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 07:34 PM  
hollymarie

Hi Secret Santa,

I’m happy to be participating in the gift exchange this year—I know I’ll be pleased with whatever you send; here are a few items of interest (either new or used DVDs are fine). I work out mainly with Jessica Smith, both streaming and DVD. I don’t have Walk On Dance Walk, Walk On Strength & Balance, or Total Body Balance, so any of those would be appreciated.

I would welcome any special recipes your family enjoys that you'd like to share. I celebrate Christmas, and like animals (I have 2 dogs and a cat), tea, inexpensive pierced earrings, chocolate, and lighthouses. Thanks so much

And Anne, thanks for organizing the exchange!

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote