Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-14, 02:48 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamgal View Post
I must be the only one who doesn't want to see Daryl and Carol get together. I don't like Carol for some reason. I really thought a sweet relationship was starting to develop between Daryl and Beth. I wanted to see their relationship progress and I'm still hoping for that.
Another one chiming in on the Daryl 'shipping debate. Although I actually LOVE LOVE Carol (she is my new bada$$ hero in the Walking Dead universe), I don't want to see her and Daryl together in a romantic or sexual way either. I'm also with you on seeing the potential sweet romantic inkling that started with Beth at the end of last season.

Beth always used to annoy me and I thought she was a useless character. However, now I can see potential in her character, especially if she hardens a little like Carol has done. I never really saw her as a "kid" like others have. She certainly seems old enough to be in a relationship to me. Maybe it's because I know the actress is older, but I never saw her portraying a teen (they were never really clear on her age, IIRC).

I think we had this conversation in the old thread about Daryl and Carol's ages and how that affected potential chemistry with various fans. I know that Norman Reedus is 45 and Melissa McBride is 49, however it always seemed to me that he plays Daryl as being much younger. I would guess Daryl is maybe 30 ish, if that, in the Walking Dead. His seeming youngish age and emotional naivete is always supported with the fact that he was always the "young brother" (first to Merle, than to Rick). Carol, OTOH, always seemed more motherly to me on the show. First with Sophia, then the two girls in the prison, as well as her attempting to "take care" of the group as a whole with her actions at the prison and Terminus.

To me, whenever Carol and Daryl are together I never get a sexual vibe, but a very close friendship bond. It's hard to put a label on it, but it's very deep and almost above romance. Not that older women and younger guys can't have a romantic connection, but I just don't feel it here. To me, a romantic relationship with them would just cheapen their bond and not do it justice. JMHO of course!
Old 10-21-14, 02:48 PM  
Kellie

Great episode! I was back in the bedroom watching my DVRd Walking Dead (hubby won't watch it,) and turn off the tv right after the Bob-munching scene to walk in on hubby carving up a rack of babyback ribs in the kitchen. I just started laughing, even though it was a bit gross! It didn't stop me from eating one though!
Kellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 03:05 PM  
acey

Regarding Gareth's familiarity with Bob - I thought it had to do with Bob pleading with him earlier to take a chance on the "cure" in Washington, when Gareth briefly removed his gag to let him speak. So Gareth is saying it's cosmic justice that he's now eating Bob, because Bob was dead wrong...he's justifying his eat-people philosophy.

Bummer...seems like every time a romance starts to bud on TWD, you know someone's doomed. See: Axel/Carol, Tyreese/Karen, Beth/Patrick, Tara/forgot-her-name.
Old 10-21-14, 04:30 PM  
fit_fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey View Post
Regarding Gareth's familiarity with Bob - I thought it had to do with Bob pleading with him earlier to take a chance on the "cure" in Washington, when Gareth briefly removed his gag to let him speak. So Gareth is saying it's cosmic justice that he's now eating Bob, because Bob was dead wrong...he's justifying his eat-people philosophy.

Bummer...seems like every time a romance starts to bud on TWD, you know someone's doomed. See: Axel/Carol, Tyreese/Karen, Beth/Patrick, Tara/forgot-her-name.
But in that trough seen Gareth called Bob by name when he pulled his gag off. As someone else said, maybe that's because Maggie, Tara and he got there earlier. I am not sure. I still think Bob and Gareth have a history. I have a conspiracy theory mind It keeps things interesting
fit_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 04:40 PM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

for the daryl/carol fans
http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Dary...Peletier/works
Old 10-21-14, 06:44 PM  
pattyd0319

I spotted Shane in the commercials for the latest Brad Pitt movie, Fury. I love it when I see the Walking Dead characters in other movies. I watched Silent Hill not too long ago and Andrea plays a bad-ass lady cop. It took awhile for me to figure out who she was as she looks so tall and tough compared to Andrea. Anyone else spot any walking dead characters in other movies?
pattyd0319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 07:46 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyd0319 View Post
Anyone else spot any walking dead characters in other movies?
Dale was in the "Green Mile" and Dale, Andrea and Carol were in "Thr Mist". Frank Darabont directed and was a writer for "The Mist" and The Walking Dead". Check out "The Mist". Marcia Gay Harden did some really good acting. Her character made me sick. I think I got it for $5 on Amazon used.

Here is a teaser for "The Mist":
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mCiEi8hgbOI
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 09:28 PM  
muddjeansgal

Andrea has had a reoccurring role in the show Major Crimes this past season. I think she is going to be a regular cast member.
muddjeansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 05:43 AM  
T2B

Glen was on the first episode of Big Bang Theory; he was Sheldon's roommate and was moving out as Leonard came to view the apartment.

I saw Dale on an episode of The Good Wife. He was great.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-14, 11:45 AM  
acey

Another thought: Anyone notice how the church dinner scene totally mirrored the episode TS-19 in Season 1 at the CDC? Enclosed space, the group finally gets to relax and eat and drink a little wine and laugh, while their "host" (Dr. Jenner, Father Gabriel) broods in silence. In the original, Andrea and Shane are the "buzz kills" (as Glenn called Shane); in the church, it's Carol and Bob who aren't enjoying themselves.

So startling, though, to realize that only Rick, Carl, Carol, Daryl and Glenn are left from the original group!

Oh, and to add to the list of TWD actors in other productions, check this out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnip9JoKG4I

Last edited by acey; 10-22-14 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fixed link
acey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite tv shows, the walking dead, twd, walking dead