Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-16-21, 10:40 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

I think the DST has gotten to me. I had some errands yesterday and an appointment in the afternoon. The appt ran about 2 hours and I could barely keep my eyes open. It took all I had to go to the store to pick up something for dinner and make it home awake. Hoping today is a better day and I get a walk in.

NORA, hope you get to walk too. Can't wait for some spring weather to come back next week.

PENGUIN, oh that Cara workout sounds like a snoozefest to me. At least youtube made some improvements along with the other stuff that wasn't so good.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-21, 08:52 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Planning the same for today.

Have a great day!
Old 03-18-21, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

45 minute outdoor walk

I was so wiped out by this DST I wasn't sure I was even going to do that but glad I did. Today is a washout so hopefully I can get myself to do an indoor workout.

Have a good one.
Old 03-19-21, 07:38 AM  
nora
VF Supporter

For me, it’s been walking,walking, and more walking. Today, I might do some stepping indoors because temperatures have again taken a temporary dip. I really should do some weight work since I haven’t done any since feb 1 or thereabouts.
I’m still not supposed to lift anything heavy until after my next shoulder X-ray. So that is deterring me.

I got my first COVID shot yesterday. That’s a relief!

sB, I love dst. I seem to adjust well and the longer days put me in a good mood.
Pp, it sounds like you’re figuring out the new ways of youtube
Old 03-19-21, 08:06 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

MR streaming #806
60 kettlebell swings

It rained all day so I finally did some weight work and I have the DOMS to show for it today. In a good way though. I hope I can keep it up more consistently now. I am planning a walk today.

NORA, good job with all the walking.
And congrats on the covid shot. My DS the teacher is getting his next week finally.
I'm not eligible yet. I like DST and wish we would just keep it all year round so it stays light longer in the evening. It's the changing back and forth every year that wipes me out. It's like a really bad case of jet lag.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
Old 03-19-21, 09:14 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I took a nap instead of doing a workout today. We got our security system upgraded, and can now turn it off and on with our phones rather than a keyfob. That's slick! We did turn the AC on Tuesday but now were back to the heater! Then next week it will be back to the AC!

SB, I hear you on the being wiped out by DST. I am enjoying the later sunset since we never see the sunrise! We were exhausted all weekend and didn't really get much done.

Nora, At least you are still up and moving. I hope your next Xray is good news.

Stay warm!

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 09:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

42 minute outdoor walk

I had a busy day yesterday including a visit with my sister and my niece stopped by too which was great. I hadn't seen my niece in ages. I am planning a walk today in this lovely spring weather finally.

PENGUIN, you know I always support your decision to nap instead of workout.
Rest is important. Your new security update does sound slick!

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-20-21, 06:35 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, and I always appreciate your support! Makes me feel less lazy! Glad you had a nice visit with family!

Today I tried Cara again. Lower Body Inner/Outer Thigh Focus. Pretty good. Only 10exercises, she did some leglifts on the floor that I stayed upright for. Next was Reps to the Rhythms 1300s #28. His cats were playing with something on the floor while he worked out, I had to take a video, it turned out to be a floppy fish toy, when touched it flopped around for a while then stopped. I bet it would last about 5 seconds with cindy. Next was 1000s #1 which I followed with 10m Abs. I did a few minutes of the abs t
hen used the rest to stretch.

Happy Spring!

Old 03-21-21, 08:51 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

58 minute outdoor walk

I am planning another walk today in this lovely spring weather.

PENGUIN, looks like a nice workout day for you. Some of these youtube videos can have distracting things going on in the background.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-21-21, 06:22 PM  
patchworkpenguin

I tried some new people today. MADTVs Toned Arms was pretty good. 10 UB exercises, 45s with short rests between. Next was Emi Wong's Arm Burn. This started out seeming pretentious but she left in her whimpers and questions about 'how much longer?!" which I found funny and humanizing. she has a very strong Asian accent so sometimes she was difficult to understand but the body weight exercises were good. {Such as Arm circles and chops} Next was UTTBs 1800s Disney walk 2, 1300s Warmup {that piece of info would have been helpful in the intro} and I finished with Positions {song title} HIIT

I'm feeling very tired these days, but I think its my sinuses. the Bradford pears and cherry trees are blooming all over the place and we drove around with the windows down last off-days and I'm sneezing a lot!

SB, sometimes distractions are good {how many reps more? ugh, what's that thing in the background?} but other times I worry that Keoni is going to kick one of his cats! This is why I put Cindy outside while I exercise! Hope the weather held for a walk!