Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-06-21, 09:31 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

The plumber did come and take care of the immediate issue, leaky faucet and clogged drain (great combo, I was up all night the night before baling water out of the tub so it wouldn't overflow). Very stressful. But he said the bathroom is shot, fixtures, pipes, the whole enchilada. So he'll be back with an evaluation of what needs to be done... and how much it will cost, the scarier part.

And then my sister came for her visit after that. So needless to say no workout yesterday.

NORA, good job adding in some step.

PENGUIN, good to hear the foam mattress helped with hubby's snoring and back pain. I have an eye dr appt on Wednesday, not my favorite. Yeah I won't be moving for a few years either but I do want to start on some decluttering and necessary home repairs, i.e. the bathroom upgrade.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-21, 06:30 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, glad to hear the immediate problem is fixed. We just redid out bathroom within the past 10 years and Hubby was talking about doing it again for the sale! that didn't make me happy. and then there's the financial side. Yuck. Our friend recently put 30k into his house before putting it on the market and got something like 50k in return. but still!

I can tell I'm starting to get bored again. I will have to try to find some new people again. I woke up without a headache today so that was nice. I worked on my crocheted blanket while watching a movie and sewed the rest of the quilt top together!

Today was Pilates cardio. I started with Bailey Brown's Standing Pilates for ABs which was okay, nice beach scene. Moved on to The Girl with the Pilates Mat 10m Standing Pilates and Abs, which was pretty dry and basically a repeat of the first workout. Then I did Fitness with Cindy's 30m Cardio Core and Balance. I'm running out of Cindy's workouts, so I'll have to start repeating.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-21, 10:38 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for the same today. It's been cold and windy the past few days but we have some moderate temps coming in this week.
Looking forward to that! Maybe some weight work one of these days.....

PENGUIN, hope you find some new instructors to get you excited again.
I don't want to sink a lot into the house but old, corroding bathroom pipes need to be upgraded definitely.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 03-07-21, 05:38 PM  
nora
VF Supporter

The ice is melting on my road, so I felt confident enough to do an actual walk. It felt great! I did 50 minutes.

SB- I too am looking forward to warmer temps this week. Wednesday and Thursday are looking really spring-like. Can't wait. I hope your bathroom job isn't too much of a pain. My experience is that when they start something like that...they find something else that needs doing.

PP- How long have you lived in your house? I'm like SB in that I've lived in the same house for the last 33 years. I will never be able to pull my DH away from it, as it has been his ongoing project for all of that time. Thankfully, I like where I live, so not a problem.
Old 03-07-21, 07:08 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Nora, glad to hear you are getting out for walks! we have lived in this house since '03. The house isn't the problem, although I could really use some more storage space, so much as the neighborhood. We live near the interstate; its noisy, the neighbors are noisy and we just want some peace and quiet! People think nothing of turning their radio up so the bass can boom, yelling at each other or total strangers!

SB, hope the bathroom is an easy fix and that you get your warmer temps.

Today I tried some new people. It didn't really go well. I started about 3 workouts I'm not going to bother to post. I should have started with someone I liked then moved to the new people.

Flipping 50s 5m warmup. this was okay, outdoor setting, pretty basic. She talks a lot. Then I tried a walk by her, indoor set {her foyer is bigger than my living room}, she talked a lot and kept pulling up her shirt to show off her ab s! Yuck! Moved on!

MOVE Fit's 2000s LI Walk. Alicia led us in 30sec of walking and 30sec of another easy move, music was a bit weird at first but transitioned to instrumentals. She's not a big talker. Will try again.

LWR's 1m walk for heathy weightloss. She's inside but filmed an outdoor walk for us. 30sec walk, 1m of some other move.

Pamela Rief's 6m cooldown. not a big fan.

Old 03-08-21, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

52 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for the same today. The plumber is coming back because the tub faucet is still leaking. Not as bad (and the drain is unclogged thankfully) but still not ideal. My sister also gave me the name of a plumber they use so I may get an estimate from them too for the bigger job. Ugh, ugh!

NORA, good to see you back at your walks.

PENGUIN, sorry you haven't found a new instructor that you like. Frustrating.
Peace and quiet does sound nice.

When I eventually do sell the house I plan on moving to a rental. I can't keep up with the expense of home repairs. I want someone who can do everything for me, i.e. a superintendent/landlord/maintenance person.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-08-21, 06:57 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, sorry to hear about the dripping faucet! getting multiple estimates is always ideal, even if it is a pain in the neck. Glad to hear your getting out and walking. Id like a handyman too! Hubby can do all this stuff, he just never has time!

When I joined Instagram in 2019 practically the first person I started to follow posted her workouts. I thought that was a great idea, so I started posting mine. We have followed each other for all this time, she sent me a PM about joining her accountability group, which I declined saying I was already posting on VF. It turns out that she used to be on VF and I think we were in a group together years ago! How funny is that!?

I wasn't very motivated today and almost skipped my workout but I did Workout Hotel's TB Barre Burner followed by UTTB's 2500s Boy Band Challenge. I'm tooo old to really remember either band but turns out I prefer New Kids on the Block. who knew?

Old 03-09-21, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

I am planning the same for today. We're supposed to get well into the 50s today so I'm looking forward to that. The plumber never showed so yeah, he's not making any brownie points with me.

PENGUIN, glad you found some enjoyable workouts. And discovered you liked New Kids on the Block Who knew indeed. lol

Waves to all. Stay well everyone!
Old 03-10-21, 07:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

50 minute outdoor walk

Without a jacket I might add! We got into the low 60s yesterday, just lovely.
I am planning another walk today but it won't be quite so mild but still.

Waves to all. Have a great day!
Old 03-11-21, 10:09 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Yesterday was:

56 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day!