Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 04-10-21, 02:03 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

First, the good news - DH got his first Pfizer vaccine yesterday, he goes back on May 1st for the 2nd dose. I am scheduled for J&J on Monday at noon AND DD is going on Tuesday at 1:30 for hers. My DD is getting Pfizer b/c that is the only one approved for under 18 year olds. She'll be 18 in a few months. I'm so relieved to not have to think about this any longer!

On the workout front, today was:

Jessica Smith - Cardio Dance Sculpt from the Body Balance DVD (this was the alternate workout suggested for today in the Phase II rotation - the WS workout was Barefoot Fusion Sculpt, which is a good one, but I had done it last time it came up!)

CS 1126 - this was also standing and baree

Outdoor walk

Pat - I feel your pain - my back is messed up as well, some scoliosis and who knows what else going on in there. Earlier this winter I was having a lot of pain but it seems slightly better now...knock wood...

Summer Breeze - ugh, I hope you and your DD are able to get your vaccines it is like winning the lottery when you get an appointment.

Waves, Gypsy Rose and Christina!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-21, 08:31 AM  
donnamp

hi!

I did Ellen's newest workout on her streaming site - Fat Burning Fusion 2. It was very good - reminiscent of her Studio workouts. It had good energy is the best way I can describe it!

On the vaccine front, last night I decided that since I have to go w/ my DD to get her vaccine since she is under 18 that I would just see if I could get an appointment on the same date/around the same time as hers....so....to make a long story short I'm now getting Pfizer on Tuesday - my appointment is 10 min after my DD's. It works perfectly since we'll also be able to go for our second shots together, too.

I'm going to cancel my J&J w/ the pharmacy today when they open so they could give my appointment to someone else.

My DH's arm pain is resolving, so that was his only side effect from the first dose of Pfizer. I'm expecting that my reaction to the first dose won't be too bad, but I do expect something from the second...but we shall see.

Either way, relieved to be on the path towards vaccination!

Will probably walk today before we have T-storms.....

Donna
Old 04-11-21, 09:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday DS came over to do some yard work and I helped with the weeding. After that I just had no motivation for anything else. Today is raining so I'm hoping for maybe some MR.

PAT, oh a beach walk sounds nice. DD did some research and they're saying you can get the vaccine while on antibiotics. I'll check with the dr to be sure at our follow-up appt. I'll go for mine either way.

DONNA, it will be a relief to get these vaccines out of the way, that's for sure. I hope you don't get too wiped out from it.

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 07:40 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning, so far, has just been CS 1127.

Bad insomnia last night - I think it is just a perfect storm of everything coming together - perimeno/meno, upcoming life changes, spring time (extra light), pandemic....I just wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious with no real reason to feel that way. I just wake up anxious and I can't go back to sleep.

The upside to the whole thing is I read a lot - but the downside is I feel like a zombie the next day.

Anyway, later today I plan to do something else. I'm thinking Pahla's strength workout from her April play list. Today as supposed to be WS 1.0 - Total Body - but I am not sure I'll have it in me to do that one, even later in the day.

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Happy "Moan"day!

Donna
Old 04-12-21, 08:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all! Happy Moan Day! This weekend I was up to:

Saturday: Gym for recumbent bike and weight machines for back, chest and lower body; 6,000 steps.

Sunday: Walked the one mile loop at a trail that used to be an old farm, then a 1/2 mile lap at the community track. I had to stop because of my back, but my daily step total was almost 8,000.

Donna, yay on your husband starting the Pfizer vaccine. I hope everything goes well with your vaccine tomorrow. It is good you and your daughter will be there to support each other. You are so good with doing Pilates and scoliosis helping workouts, so that could be why your back feels better. I hope you get a good night's rest tonight.

Summer Breeze, I'm happy to hear you and your daughter can also get vaccinated together.

Good morning to Christina and Rose if you check in.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-21, 07:51 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday evening I finished up w/ Ellen's Moving Meditation. At lunch time I did Pahla B's Dumbbell Strength Workout from her 7 Day Playlist for April. This one was a good one - just strength - no cardio. 90 second intervals, no repeats.

Today, was back to Jessica....30 Day Walk Series - HIIT Walk. The WS 1.0 workout was Interval Mix and that one is not a favorite! I also did Jessica Valent - Full Body Stretch & Release

I'm getting my vaccine this afternoon - first Pfizer shot, supposedly. Tomorrow is scheduled to be 360 Abs, which may or may not happen depending on the vaccine side effects. Pahla has a cardio ab workout in her playlist for this month and I was thinking of substituting that one anyway b/c I like mixing things up. It may sounds silly, but I learned from this rotation that I don't like to repeat workouts very often, so I'm glad this Phase II version offers a choice for each day - but I still sometimes find myself wanting to do something else.

Those are some good step counts, Pat!!!

Summer Breeze - mother/daughter bonding over the vax!

Waves, Rose and Christina...

Donna
Old 04-13-21, 08:04 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all!

Lawd I was useless yesterday - a zombie. I literally fell asleep at my desk! Sitting upright, with my hand on my mouse. It happened at least three times. I also fell asleep while watching TV after dinner and got in bed by 9:00. I had my thyroid level labs last week and see my doctor soon. She keeps lowering the dose out of osteoporosis concerns, but there has to be a middle ground if I can't function. My TSH is 3.36 which is "higher" yet in the thyroid world is actually "lower" which never made any sense to me. These darn glands are so confusing!!

Well anyway enough about that. I accomplished Holden Qigong 03/29/21 and 3,500 steps for the day. The qigong was very nice, not to strenuous thank goodness and lots of goodies for shoulder release combined with lungs. I might buy it for asthma days, it seemed more comprehensive then the Better Breathing DVD in my collection.

Donna, I have my fingers crossed for your shot later on.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 04-13-21, 09:23 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

LWR 20 Minute HIIT Inch Loss Workout

The crappy rainy weather the past couple of days put me in a funk so glad I got myself to do the LWR workout at least. It looks to finally be clearing up so hoping for a walk later today.

DONNA, good luck with your vaccine today!

PAT, ugh on being so tired! I'm always told my thyroid is normal but I checked my bloodwork after your post and my TSH is 3.230 which sounds similar to yours. I don't know what that means exactly but they tell me it's in the normal range

Hi ROSE & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

On the vaccine front - so far so good. My arm is a little sore - actually less so than when I get the flu vaccine. Hopefully the 2nd shot will be just as uneventful. DD is doing fine as well.

We walked our Golden last night and this morning I did CS 1128. I am planning to do something else later. I had my usual trouble sleeping last night so I couldn't muster up the energy for anything else right away.

I'm sorry to be so brief, it has been one of those mornings...

Donna
Old 04-14-21, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Morning all, happy Wednesday? Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Shakti Warrior 2, Root Down
~ Margaret Richard Home Improvement - outer and inner thighs. OUCH!!
~ 4,500 steps

Home Improvement really shows it's from the early days. Margaret gets pretty fast and the form suffers here and there. And the outfit - a thong "suspenders" leotard (ugh what were they thinking) with nude color tights, leg warmers and really cute dance flats. The warmup has the old bicycles on the back and walking on your butt cheeks, remember those?

Yay for you Summer Breeze on doing an indoor workout when it's cruddy out. Did you get actual rain? We need it here and just have clouds. I hope it cleared and you can walk again.

Donna, did they tell you to keep moving your arm? That advice has been kicking around, that at some clinics they're telling patients to move and massage the arm. Good luck!

Good morning all!

Tags
jim fixx