Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-21, 06:14 PM  
wendug

I am finally eligible to sign up for a vaccine in Illinois (anyone over 16 can sign up for a vaccine now). So I was checking all sorts of sites to try to sign up with no luck. Last night around 10 pm I stumbled upon a new batch of openings and was able to get an appointment for the J & J vaccine today. Well, I woke up to the news that the FDA is halting the J & J vaccines. Hmmm....what now? Luckily I didn't get my appointment cancelled and was offered the Moderna vaccine instead. So...I got my first shot today and my husband was able to sign up for his first shot tomorrow. YAY!!! I did work out this afternoon, but decided to not do anything too strenuous and tax my body too much. So far I feel okay.
Old 04-13-21, 06:36 PM  
Carol K

That's such good news, Wendy!
Old 04-13-21, 07:05 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
That's such good news, Wendy!
Thanks, Carol! I was beginning to give up hope of getting an appointment anytime soon and I did have to drive a bit, but it is worth it to get a vaccine!
Old 04-14-21, 08:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I got my first Pfizer shot yesterday - other than a sore arm - which is actually less sore than I get from the flu shot I'm feeling fine. A little tired, but I have bad insomnia...so it is hard to tell if that is from the vaccine or my usual inability to sleep.

I worked out today with CS 1128! I plan to do something else later. Yesterday evening I walked my dog.

So, so far so good. Hopefully the second shot will be just as easy.

Wendy - I almost gave up hope as well - but suddenly things opened up where I am. My daughter and I both got our vaccines yesterday and my husband got his on Friday.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:07 AM  
laurajhawk

I have my second Pfizer shot today. I happened to be a bit behind in my Lift & Shift rotation - I started this week with two workouts left to do in Week 4 - so I decided to finish Week 4 on Mon/Tues and make the rest of this week "free choice" depending how I feel. Since I have to leave early for my shot today, and I'm sore from Jessica's Total Body circuit yesterday, I did a short walking workout and a stretch from YouTube this morning. Probably the rest of the week will be yoga and cardio - easy or sweaty yoga depending on my reaction.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:50 AM  
Lori_Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Wendy - I almost gave up hope as well - but suddenly things opened up where I am.
Appointments finally opened up where I am too, my husband and I have our first Pfizer shots on Friday. I'm really nervous since I've always had horrible reactions to vaccines. My last tetanus shot made me ill for days and the flu shot always makes me more sick than if I had the actual flu. Dreading this one.

Our son is 15 1/2 and is counting down the days until they make the vaccine eligible for his age. His birthday isn't until the fall so we're really hoping he doesn't have to wait until then. He misses his friends desperately at this point.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 08:58 AM  
donnamp

Lori - I am the same as you w/ reactions to vaccines, but so far, the first Pfizer shot has not been bad. We shall see what the second one brings.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 09:02 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot yesterday. Other than a sore arm, neither my dh nor I have any side effects. No fever, aches or fatigue. We feel normal. I worked out this morning. Granted, it was only Leslie but that's all I was in the mood for anyway.
Old 04-14-21, 03:42 PM  
kristiep

Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday. Slight headache this morning and sore arm, but not that bad.

I worked out this morning - Lauren Brooks Push Pull Swing Challenge and Body Revolution Cardio 1. No issues so I am happy about that.
kristiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-21, 04:46 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Last week DH and I just became allowed to register (ages 50-59) here in RI. We both had our first Pfizer vaccine yesterday and today my arm is a tiny bit sore. I feel much better than I expected. I was tired yesterday but it was predominantly due to lack of sleep the night before. I was not one to get vaccines for flu or shingles, so this was a new experience for me. Overall a positive one, so far! Praying the second vaccine is a smooth operation and I have no adverse reactions.

I did a Cathe Upper Body workout the day of my vaccine, but modified with much lighter weights. Today I did Jenny's walking workout, as well as Marisa's Qi Gong workout (both gentle and easy going workouts.)

I was told that the vaccine should be done in your non-dominant arm, but I opted for my dominant. I will say I was noticing how heavy my purse got to be, after my injection.

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid vaccine, covid-19, vaccinations, vaccines